Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 12-23-2010, 05:13 PM   #16
gastan
Addict
gastan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gastan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gastan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gastan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gastan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gastan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gastan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gastan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gastan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gastan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gastan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: LePan II, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtriever View Post
It's viable if you want an 800x600 display,
I do, I do. I hate wide-screen devices.

Quote:
...It's viable if you want an 800x600 display, 533 MHz processor, only 128MB RAM...
Like wheatfree said.

Quote:
...and a resistive screen.
I've read a lot of PDN screen bashing but I have never had a problem with it. I think that reading and light web surfing on its screen is fine. Response times for finger swipes and keyboard reaction is acceptable by my standards.

Go ahead and spend mega-bucks to get marginally better results. I'll save that US $120 to $500 and just wait the extra 7-8 seconds for each web page to load.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheatfree View Post
I'll give you the screen though. Video blows.
When I want to watch video, I settle down in front of my 55" HDTV. I don't give a ..... about video on a portable device.

I stand behind my feelings about blanket statements.
gastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 05:19 PM   #17
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by gastan View Post

I stand behind my feelings about blanket statements.
And it's good to have a blanket to stand behind and keep you warm...wait......what? ... oh....
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-23-2010, 05:55 PM   #18
Logseman
Orisa
Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Poke 5
Logseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 06:40 PM   #19
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
I love Linus!
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote