Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 10-17-2006, 11:09 PM   #16
vrf
Addict
vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2, Voyage, Paperwhite 2, Kindle Touch, Kindle Keyboard, iPad Pro
Where can one buy more "serious" literature in ebook format? Seems like it's impossible to find literary novels or Pulitzer/Noble prize-winning stuff in electronic format. Too small a market?
vrf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 11:26 PM   #17
hkabir
e-bookviner
hkabir began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPodTouch
Hi vrf,

I agree with you. I was trying to find this year's Pulitzer/Nobel prize winners' books, and couldn't find. Then I tried previous years', still not there. Even if you go to mobipocket site, they don't have. Such is the small market for ebooks! Unless the publisher or ebook content provider can make money they don't care about what we want. That's the business!!!
hkabir is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-18-2006, 11:11 AM   #18
Leaping Gnome
Evangelist
Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slava
New books have been added :-)

Cell
Stephen King
$13.59
Wow, this was not already there? No offense to Sony meant, but you would think if you include an excerpt of the book on the device, when it launches that book would be available in the store. Very weird.
Leaping Gnome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2006, 01:28 PM   #19
Morbius
Morbius began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaping Gnome
Wow, this was not already there? No offense to Sony meant, but you would think if you include an excerpt of the book on the device, when it launches that book would be available in the store. Very weird.
Actually, Cell was indeed available on the Connect Store the day the store went online. So I have no idea why they would list it as being a "New Addition"...using it as an example, then EVERYTHING in the store could be considered a "New Addition". And Cell is also one of the first books I pointed out was overpriced on the store, as it is available in paperback from Amazon for $9.99
Morbius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 08:51 AM   #20
vrf
Addict
vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2, Voyage, Paperwhite 2, Kindle Touch, Kindle Keyboard, iPad Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by hkabir
...I was trying to find this year's Pulitzer/Nobel prize winners' books, and couldn't find. Then I tried previous years', still not there.
I tried a little test. I rounded up the last dozen or so novels I've purchased to see if electronic versions of those books were available... Not. A. Single. Freakin'. Hit.

Until the content really improves... I guess no Sony reader for me. (Will Amazon get it right?)
vrf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-19-2006, 10:50 AM   #21
Michele
Addict
Michele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3
Some very interesting new bundles available now.
Michele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 11:22 AM   #22
davec67
davec67 began at the beginning.

interesting bundles are available but there is no way to search for them. I have found a few by browsing around but I would really like some way to see them. Only a handful are listed in the specials section. I think bundles could be the way that you both save money and get something that is difficult in real life. They typically save the price or one of two of the books and you can get 5 in a series immediately without having to go to the store with a suitcase to hold them all.
davec67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 11:25 AM   #23
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
I'm going to go out on a limb here and suggest searching for the keyword "bundle"
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 11:31 AM   #24
igorsk
Wizard
igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500/505/700, Kindle, Cybook Gen3, Words Gear
http://ebooks.connect.com/specials/bundles.html this is not complete?
igorsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 11:35 AM   #25
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Well, sure, igorsk, if you want to do it the easy way.

I counted 26 on that page, but the "bundle" search turned up 34 -- I didn't check carefully for dupes though....

Edit: There do seem to be at least some dupes in the "seached" list. I found one, anyway. It won't let me copy the titles list out, so I can't use excel or word to sort them.

Edit 2: Um, and some of them aren't actual bundles.
It looks like 1 dupe, and 7 'not bundles' which would leave 26 bundles, so the "easy" way is probably the 'better' way too.

Last edited by NatCh; 10-19-2006 at 11:43 AM.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 11:38 AM   #26
Michele
Addict
Michele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Davec67, You click on Specials at the top, then View More Bundles.

Last edited by Michele; 10-19-2006 at 11:40 AM.
Old 10-20-2006, 08:54 PM   #28
Michele
Addict

Thanks for letting us know! At this rate, I think a thread like this is a must. (Too bad I just bought Gaiman's book in hardcover).
Old 10-20-2006, 10:35 PM   #29
Leaping Gnome
Evangelist
Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Mmmm, new Gaiman.
Leaping Gnome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2006, 04:22 AM   #30
Laurens
Jah Blessed
Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.

Device: iPod Touch
Mmmmm... new John le Carré!
Laurens is offline   Reply With Quote