Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 08-21-2023, 02:17 PM   #16
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by nabsltd View Post
Are there examples of purchased books that are compatible with eInk devices and are only available as KFX?
I've run into a couple that were Indian language ebooks where Amazon only offers KFX and a textbook again where Amazon only offers the KFX version. They would download to an eInk Kindle but Download and Transfer was not available.
DNSB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2023, 02:25 PM   #17
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoth View Post
Never seen it. The KFX that doesn't work on eink is likely mostly fixed layout / Print replica. Maybe an update to azw4?

We'd got KFX for nearly everything on a PW3 via WiFi, till we stopped. We re-downloaded 3 years of purchases of two of us and got azw3 instead for most. Some was azw or mobi.

Anything I ever did manage to get from Amazon before KFX that claimed to be App/K4PC only (download for eink greyed out) turned out to be fixed layout (even when not a wrapped PDF) and was no use on eink due to formatting. One was perfectly viable as regular mobi or azw3, but the idiot wanted to replicate paper exactly for it.
And eBooks for the India market can be KFX even for nothing special formatted eBooks.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-21-2023, 10:51 PM   #18
frangelica
frangelica began at the beginning.

Device: nook, palm pre
This post is probably misplaced, but could ANYONE provide a link to the latest NoDRM plug-in? I have downloaded all of the books purchased since the beginning of the year on a PaperWhite Gen 5 via USB, but the DRM is not being stripped. I'm running Calibre 6.26 and DeDRM 7.2.1, but that's the latest I can find.

The year has been crazy, and I hadn't downloaded my books to Calibre since the end of 2022. This Amazon safeguard is the last straw, and I've decided to never buy another Kindle eBook, but I also don't want to give up the 53 books that they've put the DRM on.

Last edited by issybird; 09-22-2023 at 07:46 AM.
frangelica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2023, 08:36 AM   #19
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
https://github.com/noDRM
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2023, 06:29 PM   #20
frangelica
frangelica began at the beginning.

Device: nook, palm pre
Thank you!
frangelica is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert