Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 12-25-2013, 04:58 PM   #27136
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Quote:
"Foo-Kay" I believe
Very close: "Fyooo-Kway"
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2013, 08:27 PM   #27137
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
Just back from a beeeg family get together. I'm burned out.

And thinking of having a late-in-the-day mug of tea.
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-25-2013, 09:14 PM   #27138
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
2001 Rincon Vineyard Pinot Noir from Talley Vineyards. The very last from Talley, and delightful. The fruit has softened a bit, and the terroir is very much there. Perfect with the seared duck breast and polenta.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2013, 09:29 PM   #27139
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Talisker on the rocks .... *sip* *sip*
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2013, 09:47 PM   #27140
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
There's got to be a morning after
If we can hold on through the night
We have a chance to find the sunshine
Let's keep on lookin' for the light

Oh, can't you see the morning after
It's waiting right outside the storm
Why don't we cross the bridge together
And find a place that's safe and warm

It's not too late, we should be giving
Only with love can we climb
It's not too late, not while we're living
Let's put our hands out in time

( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_KClpLzFftU )

Thank God for Tylenol and Pepto Bismol...

Good morning, everyone! It's a bright and beautiful Boxing Day, what ever that is. (I'm gonna go look that up.. Great... now I need a boss so I can get presents today too. Nah.. I'll pass. ) I hope you all enjoyed your Christmas as much as we did, and that Santa stopped off to deliver just what you asked for. (I think the Little Man going to get a baby sister this year!) I'm drinking a Boxing Day mug of PG Tips tea, just to keep things British, and have two mikans awaiting unpeeling! It's the start of mikan season here and although the prices are high ($1.25 per kilo,) the taste is wonderful! Excuse me while I go peel...

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-26-2013, 12:50 AM   #27141
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
I'm home, exhausted, and have left everything still packed; I'm too tired to unpack. Time to make some coffee, curl up with some leftover Christmas dessert, and just stare at the TV (after roaming around MR a bit, as I'm too tired to actually read a book).

I had a great two days and everyone seemed to enjoy themselves. Lots of food, people, conversation, big time chaos, and phoned in Merry Christmas calls to be put on speaker for everyone to share in. The kids went crazy tearing paper off presents and I think that was the most exciting thing for them. We only had to dig for 3 "lost" gifts in all the paper this year. Leftovers were sent home and cranky kids were packed into cars to take naps on the return home drives.

Time to start planning for next year.... just kidding. There is still New Year's Eve and Day to come.

pooh and ProfCrash, your mention of those beers gave me a great idea for some presents next year.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 01:04 AM   #27142
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kindlekitten View Post
A duck? Not a goose? Really? I'll eat duck, but it's just not up there in my special meals, let alone favorite meats
Definitely Duck. Goose is too much for two people. And duck, when cooked right, and with good ducks, is hard to beat. A single duck breast each, and the legs and wings get made into confit for later. A bed of polenta, made with duck stock, has just the right bland richness to set off the duck, and braised fennel in some more of the stock is a good complement. And then there are the "nasty bits", which get cooked up and made into rillets. And all that lovely duck fat I rendered off to fry potatoes in.

Too many people are put off duck because they have it poorly prepared and think it is fatty and dry at the same time. But done right, it is lovely. I learned to enjoy and cook duck from Michael Wild, at the Bay Wolf http://www.baywolf.com/, in Oakland. My favourite all time restaurant.
Old 12-26-2013, 07:18 AM   #27143
cromag
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Tea #1. I'm up way too early, and it's way too cold out there! But ... the contractor is still on schedule to arrive today and replace the roof.

I'll nap later, no matter how loud it is!
Old 12-26-2013, 07:27 AM   #27144
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
We had duck a few nights ago and now have a big tub of duck broth waiting to be frozen.

Next month we will do some rotisserie chickens and add some chicken broth to our collection. Then homemade soup on the weekends through the winter.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 08:03 AM   #27145
Cyclops
Only need one eye to read
Cyclops ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyclops ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyclops ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyclops ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyclops ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyclops ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyclops ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyclops ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyclops ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyclops ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyclops ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch N905C, Sony PRS-300, Nintendo DSi XL,
Had some of this for Christmas
Very bland but the amaretto biscuits were nice!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20131226_130201-picsay.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	54.9 KB
ID:	117229  
Cyclops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 10:11 AM   #27146
cromag

Third mug of tea while the roofers work.

Man, it's noisy in here!
Old 12-26-2013, 10:46 AM   #27147
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Bombay Sapphire, a bowl of popcorn, and thee....

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 11:05 AM   #27148
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
Third mug of Genmaicha while at work. Short day today so I can go home and watch the LM while DH heads to work. Day care is closed today otherwise he would have gone there. He is back to his normal happy self. My cough and nose have cleared up so I am happy.

That said, I will be taking my asthma preventative meds for the rest of the season just as a precaution. I learned the hard way last year I cannot afford to let anything take root in my chest. Bad things happen when I slack off.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 03:53 PM   #27149
cromag

I'm deciding whether this will be my last tea of the day, or not. The roofers are finishing off, and I'm beat!
Old 12-26-2013, 05:46 PM   #27150
CRussel
(he/him/his)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfCrash View Post
That said, I will be taking my asthma preventative meds for the rest of the season just as a precaution. I learned the hard way last year I cannot afford to let anything take root in my chest. Bad things happen when I slack off.
Oh, yeah. When I was younger, I had "Exercised Induced Asthma". A nuisance, but not debilitating. But every year since I turned 50 it's gotten a bit worse, and I now must take my inhaler every day, morning and night, without fail or it goes downhill fast. And when any little thing hits, like a cold or even just the weather switching? Double up on the inhaler to stay ahead. And trying to cheap out on the inhaler and taking it less? A false economy, since I end up having to double or triple the dose for several days to get back under control. Sigh.

Ah, well. Today is supposed to be a work day, but I'm not getting much accomplished. I think I'm going to take the rest of the afternoon off and read while sipping one of my First Flush Darjeelings. They make a lovely, light, afternoon tea.

Tags
languages, tea enthusiasts, what is in your cup?