Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 11-24-2023, 01:04 AM   #256
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
I just accidentally connected with a kepub open. Got the 'there's a problem with this device' message, let Calibre run through its tasks before ejecting and rebooting (expecting to need to restore the database).

The database didn't corrupt. Instead, some new books I had sent to device (queued up with Reading List) disappeared. They were ondevice:true when I ejected, then ondevice:false when I reconnected. Weird.
ownedbycats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2023, 03:36 AM   #257
Aleron Ives
Wizard
Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
You've probably triggered a non-fatal corruption and will now experience various levels of weirdness until the database corrupts badly enough to hose the device. You should probably just restore now and save yourself some trouble later.
Aleron Ives is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-26-2023, 12:06 AM   #258
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Try rebooting your Kobo to make sure that database is consistent between RAM and storage.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2023, 07:15 AM   #259
Coogan
Coogan began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Clara
Hi,

i only turn on Wifi occasionally to check if new Firmware is available but since i installed this build number i only get the message sync failed when i check for updates. Does anyone know how to fix this? Is this still the latest Firmware?
Coogan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2023, 07:51 AM   #260
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coogan View Post
i only turn on Wifi occasionally to check if new Firmware is available
See https://pgaskin.net/KoboStuff/kobofirmware.html

Has the latest FW. Links are to Kobo Server(s).

You can even get an alert on Telegram if you use it.

So no need to have WiFi on to check for FW.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-21-2024, 09:22 AM   #261
anacreon
Guru
anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa, Sage
Question My Words

I've been saving words for a long time, but recently tried to access My Words (with patch My Words enabled) on my Sage/4.3721586: impossible.
It works fine with identical patches on Elipsa/4.3520400.
I upgraded the Sage to 4.3821908 but My Words remain inaccessible.
Is 4.3520400 the last F/W where My Words works?
anacreon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2024, 05:00 AM   #262
Patrick Faret
Enthusiast
Patrick Faret began at the beginning.

Device: kobo Elipsa 2e
Hello everyone,
I recently purchased an Elipsa 2e. I use Calibre to load my books and their collections. But I'm having a problem because my books have arrived in my Kobo, but 9 times out of 10, the corresponding collection doesn't appear.
I've tried reconnecting my Elipsa to Calibre and then ejecting it (the same procedure as for the series) but it doesn't work.
So I switched my Kobo off and on again, but the collection still didn't appear.
So I delete the books I've just loaded. I reconnected to Calibre, reloaded the deleted books and there the books appeared in their collection.
With my previous kobo, the book (or books) appeared in its collection as soon as it was loaded with Calibre.
Is the problem with Calibre or the Kobo firmware?
Thank you for your help, I'm a bit confused.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)
Patrick Faret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2024, 07:33 AM   #263
compurandom
Guru
compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo aura h2o, kobo forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Faret View Post
Hello everyone,
I recently purchased an Elipsa 2e. I use Calibre to load my books and their collections. But I'm having a problem because my books have arrived in my Kobo, but 9 times out of 10, the corresponding collection doesn't appear.
I believe the collection needs to be embedded in the book to appear on first load, so this is a problem with the book itself. (Although I'm not sure this works either.)

After the book has imported and is visible on the device, if calibre is set up correctly, it should be able to sync the collection (and other missing metadata) on the second connection to calibre.
compurandom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2024, 09:39 AM   #264
Patrick Faret
Enthusiast

I always loaded my books the same way. And the collection was indicated in the "label" field of Calibre. And in the collection column field of KoboTouchExtended, I indicated "tags".
How should I configure Calibre then?
Thanks
Old 03-07-2024, 04:55 AM   #265
Patrick Faret
Enthusiast

Hello,
I would like to know if anyone knows about the next version of the Kobo firmware, which would solve the problem of the database not being closed properly.
Thanks in advance
Old 03-07-2024, 08:01 AM   #266
compurandom
Guru
compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Hello,
I would like to know if anyone knows about the next version of the Kobo firmware, which would solve the problem of the database not being closed properly.
People here won't know about it until it is released. (Look for a new firmware thread, not in this thread.)

This problem has been in multiple firmware releases. It has been getting better, but is still not fixed, and it would not surprise me if it was better but still not fixed in the next one too.
Old 03-07-2024, 07:54 PM   #267
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Quote:
Hello,
I would like to know if anyone knows about the next version of the Kobo firmware
Often a new model has new firmware and a little later all the models from Touch N905 onward, except the mini, get it, or there is a revision on the new model not long after release and the older ones then get it.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2024, 08:16 PM   #268
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by compurandom View Post
People here won't know about it until it is released. (Look for a new firmware thread, not in this thread.)

This problem has been in multiple firmware releases. It has been getting better, but is still not fixed, and it would not surprise me if it was better but still not fixed in the next one too.
I think it [i]was[i] fixed for a while, but then it re-appeared in some update or another.
ownedbycats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2024, 11:02 PM   #269
compurandom
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by ownedbycats View Post
I think it [i]was[i] fixed for a while, but then it re-appeared in some update or another.
I think it is more like they fixed it, but not completely, so it was better and took a while to notice that it still wasn't completely fixed.

It went from "this is really bad it's always messed up and we can't figure out what action causes it" to "this rarely happens and only if you do these one or two things..."
Old 03-08-2024, 02:51 AM   #270
dragoworld235
Enthusiast
dragoworld235 began at the beginning.

Device: kobo libra 2
Hi, from what I have understood, new books need to have been imported into the kobo device database before Calibre can add the collection data to this database.

What I do :
- send the book to the device from Calibre
- eject the device
- let it loads the new books
- connect back the device to Calibre
- metadata are automatically synced to the kobo and the collection data are added
- eject the kobo, you can see the collection and book order in it in the kobo book list

I have plugins and settings in calibre from a long time of use, so it may not work out of the box. You may need kobo plugins and settings set in them so it works same as me ��.
dragoworld235 is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
firmware, firmware release