Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader > Sony Reader Dev Corner

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 04-25-2012, 09:27 AM   #256
HANZ
HANZ began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morkl View Post
That is, indeed, the way I'm running it
Still, I would prefer waiting for your new version. Will you be finished with it soon?

Again, thanks for all your hard work, it really is appreciated.
Old 04-25-2012, 10:36 AM   #257
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by HANZ View Post
All I really want to do is change the recently added to recently read without having to root (had many complications doing that).
Is there some reason why Kolenka's original way of doing this (see posts #1 & #11) no longer works? This way didn't require any rooting.

It's still working on my T1 (never been rooted), but I'm still on Sony FW v1.0.03.11140, so I don't know whether it stopped working in v1.0.04.12210
Advert
Old 04-25-2012, 06:02 PM   #258
soseono
Connoisseur
soseono can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.soseono can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.soseono can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.soseono can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.soseono can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.soseono can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.soseono can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.soseono can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.soseono can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.soseono can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.soseono can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kindle 4, Sony PRS-T1 (formerly PRS-500 & 505), iPad Air
Question

Quote:
It's back now (or as soon as the DNS changes trickle down to your ISP). Sorry about that.
Downloaded & installed it. But the Original style change doesn't seem to work anymore (css/style.css). Did the css filename for the Original style change? If then, please tell us what the new filename should be. Thanks!
Old 04-25-2012, 06:18 PM   #259
soseono
Connoisseur
soseono can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.soseono can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.soseono can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.soseono can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.soseono can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.soseono can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.soseono can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.soseono can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.soseono can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.soseono can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.soseono can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.

Quote:
I still haven't figured out the problem with the installer (has anyone else tried the temporary update file and had any luck?), but I'm fiddling with it whenever I have the time.
By the way, I installed the update using the previous flash_reader.bat installer method, and the modified reader is still there after shutdown & reboot as well as reset (pinhole) & reboot. No stock reader on sight.

Here's what I did (Nothing much special, but FYI...):
- run porkupan's restore-set-1.0.04.12210 first
- get the installer directory from your previous release
- overwrite all the overlapping files from porkupan's restore-set-1.0.04.12210
- overwrite the EbookReader.apk with the new version and update the checksum
- run the installer .bat file, and after the installation is over, delete the PRS-T1 Updater.package file and the updates directory from the T1

My T1 is not rooted and your reader is the only modification on it. Just wanted to let you know that it's still there after reboot on my end.

Last edited by soseono; 04-25-2012 at 06:23 PM.
Old 04-25-2012, 07:09 PM   #260
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Well volunteered, soseono, very brave This sounds quite encouraging. If you don't report any problems in the next few days I might risk giving it a go on my non-rooted T1.
Advert
Old 04-26-2012, 07:50 AM   #261
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre 1, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle, Kobo Libre Colour
Thanks so much for creating and sharing this home screen mod. I just installed it on my rooted T1. Love it! The Sony home screen was nice, I didn't like the look of the Android screen, so I am now delighted by this new home screen. Thanks!
Old 04-26-2012, 10:18 AM   #262
Morkl
Connoisseur
Morkl can talk to the animals.Morkl can talk to the animals.Morkl can talk to the animals.Morkl can talk to the animals.Morkl can talk to the animals.Morkl can talk to the animals.Morkl can talk to the animals.Morkl can talk to the animals.Morkl can talk to the animals.Morkl can talk to the animals.Morkl can talk to the animals.

Device: PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by soseono View Post
Downloaded & installed it. But the Original style change doesn't seem to work anymore (css/style.css). Did the css filename for the Original style change? If then, please tell us what the new filename should be. Thanks!
I may have forgotten to re-add that functionality when i rewrote the style handling Will fix!

Quote:
Originally Posted by soseono View Post
By the way, I installed the update using the previous flash_reader.bat installer method, and the modified reader is still there after shutdown & reboot as well as reset (pinhole) & reboot. No stock reader on sight.

Here's what I did (Nothing much special, but FYI...):
- run porkupan's restore-set-1.0.04.12210 first
- get the installer directory from your previous release
- overwrite all the overlapping files from porkupan's restore-set-1.0.04.12210
- overwrite the EbookReader.apk with the new version and update the checksum
- run the installer .bat file, and after the installation is over, delete the PRS-T1 Updater.package file and the updates directory from the T1

My T1 is not rooted and your reader is the only modification on it. Just wanted to let you know that it's still there after reboot on my end.
Thanks a lot! I guess it might just be my device that is quirky then. I'll try and reset everything and see if it helps
Old 04-26-2012, 10:34 PM   #263
soseono
Connoisseur

Quote:
Thanks a lot! I guess it might just be my device that is quirky then. I'll try and reset everything and see if it helps
Or it's my device that's quirky? Anyway, I just finished reading appx. 400 pages (2 books) since installing the update, and had zero problem so far. Except for the Original style not working (which you will fix, I believe! ), everything works fine, and the problem of screen-swiping-causing-dictionary-popup has definitely been improved. I urge more people to try it so that we know which one of us has the quirky device
Old 04-29-2012, 07:24 AM   #264
triangular
triangular began at the beginning.

Device: PRS T1
Hello!

First of all - thank you very much for the fabulous home screen mod!

There is, however, a slight problem I was hoping you might help me to overcome: I am currently writing a small programme which will allow me the use sub-tags in my books. The programme itself is working reasonably well, but I seem to be unable to add a button for it correctly to the homemod.xml-file.
I have tried adding it with the following definition:
Code:
<homeScreenApps>
	<item>app_genres</item>
</homeScreenApps>
<customAppDefinition name="app_genres" title="Genres">
	<iconNormal>ic_wiki.png</iconNormal>
	<iconPressed>ic_wiki_pressed.png</iconPressed>
	<componentName package="biz.triangular.genres" class="biz.triangular.genres.Genres" />
	<intentAction>android.intent.action.MAIN</intentAction>
	<intentCategory>android.intent.category.LAUNCHER</intentCategory>
</customAppDefinition>
(Never mind the icon!)
The button displays correctly and the application launches correctly as well, BUT - the home-button does not work from within my programme. To exit my application I have to press "back" instead of "home". It is of course a slight, yet quite irritating, bug, which I seem to be unable to resolve. I am not even sure where the error lies: When I start the programme from the launcher on the third page, the home-button works as expected: I exit the app and get to the first of the three home-pages.

Any help in resolving this problem would be very much appreciated!

Cheers!

Tom

PS:
After further examination it turns out that the problem occurs only on the first page. Whenever I add the custom button to the second or third page I can exit my application with the home-button.

Last edited by triangular; 04-29-2012 at 08:38 AM.
Old 05-04-2012, 03:17 AM   #265
Morkl
Connoisseur
Morkl can talk to the animals.Morkl can talk to the animals.Morkl can talk to the animals.Morkl can talk to the animals.Morkl can talk to the animals.Morkl can talk to the animals.Morkl can talk to the animals.Morkl can talk to the animals.Morkl can talk to the animals.Morkl can talk to the animals.Morkl can talk to the animals.

Just so everyone knows why nothing has happened: I moved this past week, and every free moment was spent packing, carrying, cleaning and/or sleeping.

Quote:
Originally Posted by triangular View Post
After further examination it turns out that the problem occurs only on the first page. Whenever I add the custom button to the second or third page I can exit my application with the home-button.
Someone else has had this problem too, but the first page thing might be a useful hint. Will look into it.
Old 05-04-2012, 08:55 PM   #266
TrendyIceTea
TrendyIceTea will become famous soon enoughTrendyIceTea will become famous soon enoughTrendyIceTea will become famous soon enoughTrendyIceTea will become famous soon enoughTrendyIceTea will become famous soon enoughTrendyIceTea will become famous soon enough

Device: PRS 650
Customdefinition

Hi Morkl! I really appreciate your work!
I have a small problem with the homescreen modification.

I tried to replace an app in the homescreen with the Instafetcher 2.2.2 lite app.
I achieved that the app shows up in the homescreen but when I press on it, the app does not start.

Maybe you could help me with the custom app definition.
I included the androidmanifest.xml which I extracted from the apk and my current homescreen.xml.

P.S: The Instafetch app works great on PRS-T1 and even has a special eink mode.

Attached Files
File Type: xml homemod.xml (4.0 KB, 425 views)
File Type: xml AndroidManifest.xml (5.0 KB, 348 views)

Last edited by TrendyIceTea; 05-04-2012 at 08:58 PM.
Old 05-05-2012, 11:46 AM   #267
Morkl
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrendyIceTea View Post
Hi Morkl! I really appreciate your work!
I have a small problem with the homescreen modification.

I tried to replace an app in the homescreen with the Instafetcher 2.2.2 lite app.
I achieved that the app shows up in the homescreen but when I press on it, the app does not start.

Maybe you could help me with the custom app definition.
I included the androidmanifest.xml which I extracted from the apk and my current homescreen.xml.

P.S: The Instafetch app works great on PRS-T1 and even has a special eink mode.

I think you have to put in the fully qualified class name, i.e. including the package name:
class="pl.immortal.instafetch.InstaFetchApplicatio n"

When a class name is written as ".ClassName" in AndroidManifest.xml, append it to the package of the manifest tag to get the fully qualified class name.
Old 05-05-2012, 12:45 PM   #268
TrendyIceTea
TrendyIceTea will become famous soon enoughTrendyIceTea will become famous soon enoughTrendyIceTea will become famous soon enoughTrendyIceTea will become famous soon enoughTrendyIceTea will become famous soon enoughTrendyIceTea will become famous soon enough

Device: PRS 650
Wow Morkl! Thank you! You are awesome
It works!
For anyone wondering:
Code:
<customAppDefinition name="app_instafetch" title="Instafetch">
				<iconNormal>ic_instafetch.png</iconNormal>
				<iconPressed>ic_instafetch.png</iconPressed>
				<componentName package="pl.immortal.instafetch" class="pl.immortal.instafetch.WelcomeScreen" />
				<intentAction>android.intent.action.MAIN</intentAction>
				<intentCategory>android.intent.category.LAUNCHER</intentCategory>
			</customAppDefinition>
Old 05-08-2012, 01:44 AM   #269
cybermaus
cybermaus began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Another thanks to Morkl.

My brother, who had his Kindle replaced it with a PRS-T1, because the latter can simply buy books from the local Dutch e.bol.com store as well as his local library (Kindle being too restricted).

He complained however about 1) home screen not showing recently read and b) lack of white border in the bezel's shade area.

Both were solved with the modified home screen and reader plus style.css.
And I put a shortcut button to his local library on the home screen.

Many thanks

Mind you, he also complained how 'read books' cannot be moved out of the book list, and how it is not possible re-mark a book as new after accidentally opening it. Any hints on that?

Last edited by cybermaus; 05-08-2012 at 01:47 AM.
Old 05-12-2012, 02:54 PM   #270
-mem-00-
-mem-00- began at the beginning.

Device: PB 602, PRS-T1, Kobo H2O
Change Wikipedia/Google search lookup targets

Hi Morkl,

I just bought a PRS-T1, and looking forward the enhanced homescreen/reader as soon as the latest is out.

Was wondering if you or another device guru could find a way to change the lookup targets when looking for a word, e.g. searching using any other wiki (of the wikia sort) in place of the official wikipedia.

The idea behind is the following: when I'm reading a book on a specific topic, It could be helpful to search not wikipedia but the most complete wiki available on this topic (e.g. looking for Shub-Niggurath, Aegon Targaryen, Feyd-Rautha Harkonnen in a specific universe wiki, same goes for historical time period, etc..)

If possible, and depending what information are available to the engine making the request, I've got a lot of other suggestions on how to select the target

Thanks for your time and the wonderful work with the homescreen.

Cheers.
Mem
Closed Thread