Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 10-23-2013, 11:42 AM   #2566
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles K-2, K-KB, PW 1 & 2, Voyage, Fire 2, 5 & HD 8, Surface 3, iPad
Cool Desktops

Quote:
Originally Posted by red_phoenix View Post
The desktop icons have to sit somewhere.
Quote:
Originally Posted by leanansidhe View Post
I have it centered with black bars on either side so my icons line the sides of the picture. It's not perfect but it still looks cool.
They don't have to sit anywhere if you don't have any desktop icons. I've even removed the Recycle bin and also have the Taskbar set to retract when I'm not accessing it.

alansplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 02:15 PM   #2567
steven522
binomial: homo legentem
steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iriver Story HD; Archos 80 G9
Quote:
Originally Posted by alansplace View Post
They don't have to sit anywhere if you don't have any desktop icons.

Exactly! Most everyone thinks I'm crazy because my PC desktop is clean. The few programs I use are pinned to the start menu or come up automatically when you double click the associated file type.
steven522 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-23-2013, 02:23 PM   #2568
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist
CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Meebook M7, Paperwhite 2021, Fire HD 8+, Fire HD 10+, Lenovo Tab P12
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven522 View Post
Exactly! Most everyone thinks I'm crazy because my PC desktop is clean. The few programs I use are pinned to the start menu or come up automatically when you double click the associated file type.
Mine is clean most of the time. If I'm working on a project, I'll have a few folders on the desktop for easy access, but once it's done they get moved elsewhere. My laptop has a small dock at the top that autohides, and my desktop has my most-used pinned to the start menu.
CWatkinsNash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 02:33 PM   #2569
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Cool Clean Desktops...!

Quote:
They don't have to sit anywhere if you don't have any desktop icons. I've even removed the Recycle bin and also have the Taskbar set to retract when I'm not accessing it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven522 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by CWatkinsNash View Post
Mine is clean most of the time. If I'm working on a project, I'll have a few folders on the desktop for easy access, but once it's done they get moved elsewhere. My laptop has a small dock at the top that autohides, and my desktop has my most-used pinned to the start menu.
How cool is that!? We three are of the same, or at least of a very similar mind!

Old 10-23-2013, 03:21 PM   #2570
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist
CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
How cool is that!? We three are of the same, or at least of a very similar mind!

Must be a sign of awesomeness.

At least, that's the logical implication, considering the sample demographics.

Advert
Old 10-23-2013, 04:17 PM   #2571
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Skin Game release date countdown:
41 DAYS!
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 04:44 PM   #2572
AlbertaCowboy
Guru
AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-350, PRS-650, iPhone 6, NVIDIA Shield K1
Quote:

I'm afraid to admit that my desktop is a jumble of random folders, shortcuts, jpg's, pdf's and various icons. It's so bad that if I want to find something, I usually open up the Desktop explorer window instead of navigating the mess.

I hope that this admission does not rule me out of awesomeness eligibility!
AlbertaCowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 04:48 PM   #2573
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlbertaCowboy View Post
I'm afraid to admit that my desktop is a jumble of random folders, shortcuts, jpg's, pdf's and various icons. It's so bad that if I want to find something, I usually open up the Desktop explorer window instead of navigating the mess.

No. Rather, you invalidated my theory. Desktop cleanliness is apparently not a clear indicator of awesomeness.

Because it's glaringly obvious that you are awesome - you're in the Dresden thread.
Old 10-23-2013, 04:49 PM   #2574
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer

Cool stuff...

Quote:

Huh? Demographics!!? Kind of a small sampling and quite geographically diverse as well, Tennessee, Alabama and California. I'm not getting the logic!

On another note, I see I was wrong when I said to you (somewhere, sometime) that the December 3rd release date was attributable to both The Undead Pool (actually due for February 25th 2014) as well as Skin Game. The book I was confusing it with was Dangerous Women by George R.R. Martin & Gardner R. Dozois (Editors) and is an anthology containing Jim Butcher's Molly Carpenter short story (told from Molly's point of view), Bombshells. Read an excerpt here.

Old 10-23-2013, 04:53 PM   #2575
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer

Cool awesomeness

Quote:
No. Rather, you invalidated my theory. Desktop cleanliness is apparently not a clear indicator of awesomeness.

Because it's glaringly obvious that you are awesome - you're in the Dresden thread.
Quote:
Huh? Demographics!!? Kind of a small sampling and quite geographically diverse as well, Tennessee, Alabama and California. I'm not getting the logic! ...
OK, now I get the Logic --- DUH!

Old 10-23-2013, 04:55 PM   #2576
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist

Quote:
Huh? Demographics!!? Kind of a small sampling and quite geographically diverse as well, Tennessee, Alabama and California. I'm not getting the logic!

On another note, I see I was wrong when I said to you (somewhere, sometime) that the December 3rd release date was attributable to both The Undead Pool (actually due for February 25th 2014) as well as Skin Game. The book I was confusing it with was Dangerous Women by George R.R. Martin & Gardner R. Dozois (Editors) and is an anthology containing Jim Butcher's Molly Carpenter short story (told from Molly's point of view), Bombshells. Read an excerpt here.

The sample demographics I was referring to was "three people in the Dresden thread".

I never said I was being scientific about it.

Outside of Skin Game, I don't even know why I try to keep up with release dates. I've got three series I'm working on (besides Dresden) and about 1000 other books in my TBR.
Old 10-23-2013, 05:00 PM   #2577
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer

Cool awesome people

Quote:
The sample demographics I was referring to was "three people in the Dresden thread".

I never said I was being scientific about it.

Outside of Skin Game, I don't even know why I try to keep up with release dates. I've got three series I'm working on (besides Dresden) and about 1000 other books in my TBR.
That's three awesome people in the Dresden thread!

Old 10-23-2013, 05:37 PM   #2578
red_phoenix
Grand Sorcerer
red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlbertaCowboy View Post

If anyone questions your awesomeness just show them a picture of Molly.
red_phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 06:46 PM   #2579
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:

Or as has been said many many times...

Sick minds think alike.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 06:49 PM   #2580
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Goodreas really needs to change their policy. The ratings are worthless crap. 116 people have rated Skin Game and not one of them has read it.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fantasy series, magic, supernatural, the dresden files, urban fantasy