Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 05-25-2015, 07:42 PM   #211
Dopedangel
Wizard
Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boyue
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
This server error is really getting old. I have to reinstall Google Play daily now.
Something wrong with your installation you need to reflash the factory rom.
Dopedangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2015, 09:16 PM   #212
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopedangel View Post
Something wrong with your installation you need to reflash the factory rom.
I'm not rooted but I'm not the only one with this problem. It's some kind of bug that started with the last update.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-25-2015, 11:47 PM   #213
Dopedangel
Wizard
Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boyue
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
I'm not rooted but I'm not the only one with this problem. It's some kind of bug that started with the last update.
Have you tried getting the latest play store compatible with your device and installing it. Instead of letting it update on its own. I have a nexus 5 and Nexus 7 (2012). And don't have the problem you are facing so I still think your google play has got gremlins . Although I am rooted on both but no other modifications. You can try the play store from here.

http://www.apkmirror.com/uploads/?app=google-play-store
Dopedangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2015, 12:29 PM   #214
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Installed apk and this morning it did it again but started working later so it's a small improvement before I have to reinstall.
Old 05-29-2015, 12:37 PM   #215
NSILMike
Guru
NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.

Device: Lenovo Android Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by NSILMike View Post
After a couple of days, I see an improvement in lag (but not a cure... ) in general and specifically with chrome. Mine is an N7 2012 flavor. I also clear cache and/or reboot at least once a day, which I've done since well before the 5.1.1 update.
Wiping the cache partition works well but only for a few days.
http://forums.androidcentral.com/goo...tion-wipe.html
NSILMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-29-2015, 02:33 PM   #216
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Huawei MediaPad M5, LG V30, Boyue T80S, Nexus 7 LTE, K3 3G, Fire HD8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopedangel View Post
Have you tried getting the latest play store compatible with your device and installing it. Instead of letting it update on its own. I have a nexus 5 and Nexus 7 (2012). And don't have the problem you are facing so I still think your google play has got gremlins . Although I am rooted on both but no other modifications. You can try the play store from here.

http://www.apkmirror.com/uploads/?app=google-play-store
My Nexus 7 2012 is completely worthless after the Lollipop update. I did a complete wipe and flashed the factory update for both 5.02 and 5.1. With both I get the device kept awake 100% of the time using 5% cpu or more per hour without any apps except Gsam battery monitor and a wakelock detector installed. A custom kernel reduced cpu usage to 2 - 3% per hour with no use. That is still unusable. There are plenty of others with this problem - you are lucky yours works.
Purple Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 03:37 PM   #217
EowynCarter
Wizard
EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybooks; Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Lady View Post
My Nexus 7 2012 is completely worthless after the Lollipop update. I did a complete wipe and flashed the factory update for both 5.02 and 5.1. With both I get the device kept awake 100% of the time using 5% cpu or more per hour without any apps except Gsam battery monitor and a wakelock detector installed. A custom kernel reduced cpu usage to 2 - 3% per hour with no use. That is still unusable. There are plenty of others with this problem - you are lucky yours works.
5.1 or 5.1.1 ? 5.1.1 helped mine a lot.
EowynCarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 03:52 PM   #218
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EowynCarter View Post
5.1 or 5.1.1 ? 5.1.1 helped mine a lot.
I think 5.1. When did 5.1.1 come out? I have a 2013 as well, so the only thing I use the 2012 for is to check out the upgrades to see if I want them. I find the white backgrounds everywhere difficult so my 2013 is still Kikat.
Old 06-02-2015, 12:11 PM   #219
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by qutais763 View Post
still Kikat ?? Is it good for working?
I like it better than Lollipop. I hope M is better.
Old 06-02-2015, 01:55 PM   #220
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Lady View Post
I like it better than Lollipop. I hope M is better.
Me too I had no problems with Lollipop till 5.1but KitKat I prefer.
Old 06-03-2015, 08:28 PM   #221
diremommy
Zealot
diremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshes

Device: Zenpad S 8, iPad mini 2
I still like KitKat better too, the dark menus were much easier on my eyes!
diremommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 09:36 PM   #222
ddrj
ddrj began at the beginning.

Device: none
I have a nexus 7 2013 wifi with 5.1.1. Never had a single problem with it. I prefer this over kitkat for sure
ddrj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 10:24 PM   #223
diremommy
Zealot
diremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshes

Device: Zenpad S 8, iPad mini 2
Does anyone know if they've worked out whatever bugs caused the Nexus 2012 models to run so poorly? I'm trying to decide if it's worth the trouble of figuring out how to update from my rooted 2012.
diremommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2015, 08:05 AM   #224
NSILMike
Guru
NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.

Device: Lenovo Android Tablet
I cannot say for sure but my performance improved slightly when I upgraded to 5.1.1
But, I still need to do a partition wipe every several days to a week to keep performance from degrading badly.
NSILMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2015, 08:34 AM   #225
K8HW
Connoisseur
K8HW began at the beginning.

Device: Galaxy A03s, Galaxy Tab A, Kindle Paperwhite (10th Gen), Nexus 7
Red face Nexus and my Lollipop experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by NSILMike View Post
I cannot say for sure but my performance improved slightly when I upgraded to 5.1.1
But, I still need to do a partition wipe every several days to a week to keep performance from degrading badly.
My Nexus 7 was on Lollipop 5.1.1 and the performance was totally unacceptable. The slow downs and black screens were exasperating. I flashed it back to KitKat and now my tablet is running as good as when it came out of the box!

I don't know if the problem with the Nexus is hardware related or not. I just bought a Samsung Galaxy Tab that is running Lollipop and the speed is incredible. So now I have the best of both worlds?
K8HW is offline   Reply With Quote