Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 04-11-2021, 08:55 PM   #2206
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
Also clicking on Help in the Update ToC window made an error

Code:
calibre, version 5.14.0
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>AttributeError</b>:'UpdateBooksToCDialog' object has no attribute 'plugin_action'

calibre 5.14* [64bit]  embedded-python: True is64bit: True
Windows-10-10.0.19041 Windows ('64bit', 'WindowsPE')
('Windows', '10', '10.0.19041')
Python 3.8.5
Windows: ('10', '10.0.19041', '', 'Multiprocessor Free')
Interface language: None
Successfully initialized third party plugins: DeDRM (7, 1, 0) && Action Chains (1, 6, 2) && Audit Log (1, 0, 16) && Barnes & Noble (1, 2, 16) && Calibre Power Search Plugin (2, 0, 0) && Comments Cleaner (1, 3, 2) && Count Pages (1, 11, 0) && Embed Comic Metadata (1, 6, 1) && EpubCheck (0, 2, 3) && EpubMerge (2, 11, 0) && Extract ISBN (1, 5, 0) && FanFicFare (4, 1, 0) && Fantastic Fiction (1, 4, 0) && Favourites Menu (1, 0, 5) && Find Duplicates (1, 8, 5) && Generate Cover (2, 0, 2) && GetFileName (0, 1, 1) && Goodreads (1, 5, 1) && Import List (1, 5, 4) && Job Spy (1, 0, 190) && Kindle hi-res covers (0, 5, 0) && Kobo Books (1, 8, 2) && Kobo Utilities (2, 13, 2) && KoboTouchExtended (3, 4, 4) && Library Codes (1, 0, 50) && Manage Series (1, 2, 11) && Modify ePub (1, 6, 2) && Open With (1, 5, 13) && Quality Check (1, 11, 2) && Reading List (1, 7, 2) && Search The Internet (1, 8, 1) && SmartEject (2, 3, 0) && Standard Ebooks (1, 0, 0) && Sum Column (0, 3, 1) && View Manager (1, 6, 0) && Walk Search History (1, 3, 2)
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "calibre_plugins.koboutilities.common_utils", line 282, in help_link_activated
AttributeError: 'UpdateBooksToCDialog' object has no attribute 'plugin_action'
ownedbycats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2021, 09:32 PM   #2207
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Does this require the book have an Inline (HTML) TOC or does it work with the NCX or NAV?
It is using whatever calibre and the device has an a ToC. Which will be either the NCX or NAV. And I don't check, or care for that matter. I use calibre functions to get the ToC from the books and that gets it from wherever it gets it from.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-11-2021, 09:44 PM   #2208
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ownedbycats View Post
I also noticed that the help file doesn't even seem to say anything about the ToC update, though I guess that will be added before the next stable.
Old 04-11-2021, 11:14 PM   #2209
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:

Code:
calibre, version 5.14.0
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>AttributeError</b>:'UpdateBooksToCDialog' object has no attribute 'plugin_action'

Python 3.8.5
Successfully initialized third party plugins: DeDRM (7, 1, 0) && Action Chains (1, 6, 2) && Audit Log (1, 0, 16) && Barnes & Noble (1, 2, 16) && Calibre Power Search Plugin (2, 0, 0) && Comments Cleaner (1, 3, 2) && Count Pages (1, 11, 0) && Embed Comic Metadata (1, 6, 1) && EpubCheck (0, 2, 3) && EpubMerge (2, 11, 0) && Extract ISBN (1, 5, 0) && FanFicFare (4, 1, 0) && Fantastic Fiction (1, 4, 0) && Favourites Menu (1, 0, 5) && Find Duplicates (1, 8, 5) && Generate Cover (2, 0, 2) && GetFileName (0, 1, 1) && Goodreads (1, 5, 1) && Import List (1, 5, 4) && Job Spy (1, 0, 190) && Kindle hi-res covers (0, 5, 0) && Kobo Books (1, 8, 2) && Kobo Utilities (2, 13, 2) && KoboTouchExtended (3, 4, 4) && Library Codes (1, 0, 50) && Manage Series (1, 2, 11) && Modify ePub (1, 6, 2) && Open With (1, 5, 13) && Quality Check (1, 11, 2) && Reading List (1, 7, 2) && Search The Internet (1, 8, 1) && SmartEject (2, 3, 0) && Standard Ebooks (1, 0, 0) && Sum Column (0, 3, 1) && View Manager (1, 6, 0) && Walk Search History (1, 3, 2)
  File "calibre_plugins.koboutilities.common_utils", line 282, in help_link_activated
AttributeError: 'UpdateBooksToCDialog' object has no attribute 'plugin_action'
As I hadn't written any help...
Old 04-12-2021, 07:35 AM   #2210
Aramir
Enthusiast
Aramir began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O & Glo & Glo HD
Sorry if this has already been asked but I have problems with my Libra H2O.
Whenever I try to update a book's metadata on my device throught KoboUtilities -> Update metadata on device (approximate translation as I have calibre set to french) it seems to work fine, no errors whatsoever. But then I disconnect the h2o, observe that nothing got updated, reconnect it to calibre and voila "corrupted database"

CorruptError: database disk image is malformed

File "calibre\gui2\device.py", line 89, in run
File "calibre\gui2\device.py", line 515, in _books
File "calibre\devices\kobo\driver.py", line 1872, in books
File "calibre\devices\kobo\driver.py", line 192, in get_database_version
apsw.CorruptError: CorruptError: database disk image is malformed

I tried the "repair kobo" option twice and got the same result.
ps : Calibre 5.14, kobo firmware 4.26.16704, Kobo Utilities 2.13.1 (no beta)

EDIT : I had to to do a full reset of the ereader for calibre to not consider it broken anymore

Last edited by Aramir; 04-12-2021 at 09:44 AM.
Aramir is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-12-2021, 09:24 AM   #2211
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aramir View Post
Sorry if this has already been asked but I have problems with my Libra H2O.
Whenever I try to update a book's metadata on my device throught KoboUtilities -> Update metadata on device (approximate translation as I have calibre set to french) it seems to work fine, no errors whatsoever. But then I disconnect the h2o, observe that nothing got updated, reconnect it to calibre and voila "corrupted database"

CorruptError: database disk image is malformed

File "calibre\gui2\device.py", line 89, in run
File "calibre\gui2\device.py", line 515, in _books
File "calibre\devices\kobo\driver.py", line 1872, in books
File "calibre\devices\kobo\driver.py", line 192, in get_database_version
apsw.CorruptError: CorruptError: database disk image is malformed

I tried the "repair kobo" option twice and got the same result.
ps : Calibre 5.14, kobo firmware 4.26.16704, Kobo Utilities 2.13.1 (no beta)
You will have to either copy over a recent uncorrupted database or you'll have to log out and log in to reset the database. The second option will make you start over and have to put all of your eBooks back on your Kobo.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2021, 06:22 AM   #2212
DrChiper
Bookish
DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PC, t1, t2, t3, aura 2 v1, clara HD, Libra 2, Nxtpaper 11
I had a communication error with my Kobo Clara during connection with calibre. I did a safe eject and reconnected.
No problems thereafter, only that calibre now reported no ebooks "on device" anymore, which is strange.

DB checks on calibre and Kobo did not reported any problems whatsoever, while Kobo reported, showed and accessed all previous loaded ebooks, and calibre insisted they were not (found) on the device.
I could add new ebooks, which showed up on the Clara, and calibre marked these as "on device" as expected.
As a check I did let calibre rediscover all ebooks on Kobo, by renaming the "metadata.calibre" file so it was rebuild. But calibre still insisted there were no ebooks on the Kobo.

I solved it by removing all ebooks on the Clara, rentered them via calibre, and the Clara and calibre were in sync again with all the newly added ebooks shown as "on device".

For the moment I'm fine, but is there a better solution to solve this kind of situation might it happen again in the near future?
DrChiper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2021, 06:30 AM   #2213
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrChiper View Post
I had a communication error with my Kobo Clara during connection with calibre. I did a safe eject and reconnected.
No problems thereafter, only that calibre now reported no ebooks "on device" anymore, which is strange.

DB checks on calibre and Kobo did not reported any problems whatsoever, while Kobo reported, showed and accessed all previous loaded ebooks, and calibre insisted they were not (found) on the device.
I could add new ebooks, which showed up on the Clara, and calibre marked these as "on device" as expected.
As a check I did let calibre rediscover all ebooks on Kobo, by renaming the "metadata.calibre" file so it was rebuild. But calibre still insisted there were no ebooks on the Kobo.

I solved it by removing all ebooks on the Clara, rentered them via calibre, and the Clara and calibre were in sync again with all the newly added ebooks shown as "on device".

For the moment I'm fine, but is there a better solution to solve this kind of situation might it happen again in the near future?
For any weird problem like this, run calibre in debug mode and post the debug log in the appropriate thread. With a description of the problem.

And for the record, this is not the appropriate thread. The above will be a problem with the driver. A strange problem, but, it is with calibre communicating with the device and does not involve this plugin.
Old 04-13-2021, 08:11 AM   #2214
DrChiper
Bookish
DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PC, t1, t2, t3, aura 2 v1, clara HD, Libra 2, Nxtpaper 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
And for the record, this is not the appropriate thread. The above will be a problem with the driver. A strange problem, but, it is with calibre communicating with the device and does not involve this plugin.
Good to know. Well, I had the choice of Kobo, calibre, plugin, so obviously I used the wrong one. Perhaps a moderator can move this to the proper location?

Anyway, running calibre in debug mode would not reveal much as the communication problem did not occur anymore: only the resulting unsynced situation.

To test the communication, I pumped twice the original amount of ebooks to the Clara: no problems at all. I hope it was just some glitch.
DrChiper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2021, 10:54 PM   #2215
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrChiper View Post
Good to know. Well, I had the choice of Kobo, calibre, plugin, so obviously I used the wrong one. Perhaps a moderator can move this to the proper location?
I get that and am not surprised by it. In general, it isn't worth moving. But, occasionally, I get problems were someone blames one thing and won't accept when I say that is not where the problem is.
Quote:
Anyway, running calibre in debug mode would not reveal much as the communication problem did not occur anymore: only the resulting unsynced situation.
But, for some reason calibre wasn't seeing the books. There might have been an error that was being trapped and not raised higher. Whatever the cause, the log would have told me what was happening, so I might have been able to see where it was going wrong. And sometimes I'm just curious to see what is happening.
Old 04-15-2021, 01:52 PM   #2216
ownedbycats
Custom User Title

Code:
calibre, version 5.14.0
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>ValueError</b>:Not a ZIP file

Python 3.8.5
Successfully initialized third party plugins: DeDRM (7, 2, 1) && Action Chains (1, 7, 2) && Audit Log (1, 0, 16) && Barnes & Noble (1, 2, 16) && Calibre Power Search Plugin (2, 0, 0) && Comments Cleaner (1, 3, 2) && Count Pages (1, 11, 0) && Embed Comic Metadata (1, 6, 1) && EpubCheck (0, 2, 3) && EpubMerge (2, 11, 0) && Extract ISBN (1, 5, 0) && FanFicFare (4, 1, 0) && Fantastic Fiction (1, 4, 0) && Favourites Menu (1, 0, 5) && Find Duplicates (1, 8, 5) && Generate Cover (2, 0, 2) && GetFileName (0, 1, 1) && Goodreads (1, 5, 1) && Import List (1, 5, 4) && Job Spy (1, 0, 190) && Kindle hi-res covers (0, 5, 0) && Kobo Books (1, 8, 2) && Kobo Utilities (2, 13, 2) && KoboTouchExtended (3, 4, 4) && Library Codes (1, 0, 50) && Manage Series (1, 2, 11) && Modify ePub (1, 6, 2) && Obok DeDRM (7, 2, 1) && Open With (1, 5, 13) && Quality Check (1, 11, 2) && Reading List (1, 7, 6) && Search The Internet (1, 8, 1) && SmartEject (2, 3, 0) && Standard Ebooks (1, 0, 0) && Sum Column (0, 3, 1) && View Manager (1, 6, 0) && Walk Search History (1, 3, 2)
  File "D:\Documents\git\calibre\src\calibre\ebooks\oeb\polish\container.py", line 1183, in __init__
  File "D:\Documents\git\calibre\src\calibre\utils\zipfile.py", line 775, in __init__
  File "D:\Documents\git\calibre\src\calibre\utils\zipfile.py", line 810, in _GetContents
  File "D:\Documents\git\calibre\src\calibre\utils\zipfile.py", line 825, in _RealGetContents
calibre.utils.zipfile.BadZipfile: File is not a zip file

During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:

File "calibre_plugins.koboutilities.action", line 5310, in update_book_toc_on_device
  File "calibre_plugins.koboutilities.action", line 5483, in _get_chapter_status
  File "calibre_plugins.koboutilities.action", line 5399, in _get_chapter_list
  File "calibre_plugins.koboutilities.action", line 5341, in load_ebook
  File "D:\Documents\git\calibre\src\calibre\ebooks\oeb\polish\container.py", line 1190, in __init__
  File "D:\Documents\git\calibre\src\calibre\utils\localunzip.py", line 253, in extractall
  File "D:\Documents\git\calibre\src\calibre\utils\localunzip.py", line 240, in _extractall
ValueError: Not a ZIP file
I got this error while updating the TOC for a handful of fics. Any idea what's going on?

The error didn't reoccur when I tried again and when I put the three books into epub-checker there were only some minor errors about html attributes.

EDIT: Actually, I suspect it might be because I tried to run it before the book had completely finished sending to device.

Last edited by ownedbycats; 04-15-2021 at 01:58 PM.
Old 04-15-2021, 10:59 PM   #2217
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Code:
calibre, version 5.14.0
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>ValueError</b>:Not a ZIP file

Python 3.8.5
Successfully initialized third party plugins: DeDRM (7, 2, 1) && Action Chains (1, 7, 2) && Audit Log (1, 0, 16) && Barnes & Noble (1, 2, 16) && Calibre Power Search Plugin (2, 0, 0) && Comments Cleaner (1, 3, 2) && Count Pages (1, 11, 0) && Embed Comic Metadata (1, 6, 1) && EpubCheck (0, 2, 3) && EpubMerge (2, 11, 0) && Extract ISBN (1, 5, 0) && FanFicFare (4, 1, 0) && Fantastic Fiction (1, 4, 0) && Favourites Menu (1, 0, 5) && Find Duplicates (1, 8, 5) && Generate Cover (2, 0, 2) && GetFileName (0, 1, 1) && Goodreads (1, 5, 1) && Import List (1, 5, 4) && Job Spy (1, 0, 190) && Kindle hi-res covers (0, 5, 0) && Kobo Books (1, 8, 2) && Kobo Utilities (2, 13, 2) && KoboTouchExtended (3, 4, 4) && Library Codes (1, 0, 50) && Manage Series (1, 2, 11) && Modify ePub (1, 6, 2) && Obok DeDRM (7, 2, 1) && Open With (1, 5, 13) && Quality Check (1, 11, 2) && Reading List (1, 7, 6) && Search The Internet (1, 8, 1) && SmartEject (2, 3, 0) && Standard Ebooks (1, 0, 0) && Sum Column (0, 3, 1) && View Manager (1, 6, 0) && Walk Search History (1, 3, 2)
  File "D:\Documents\git\calibre\src\calibre\ebooks\oeb\polish\container.py", line 1183, in __init__
  File "D:\Documents\git\calibre\src\calibre\utils\zipfile.py", line 775, in __init__
  File "D:\Documents\git\calibre\src\calibre\utils\zipfile.py", line 810, in _GetContents
  File "D:\Documents\git\calibre\src\calibre\utils\zipfile.py", line 825, in _RealGetContents
calibre.utils.zipfile.BadZipfile: File is not a zip file

During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:

File "calibre_plugins.koboutilities.action", line 5310, in update_book_toc_on_device
  File "calibre_plugins.koboutilities.action", line 5483, in _get_chapter_status
  File "calibre_plugins.koboutilities.action", line 5399, in _get_chapter_list
  File "calibre_plugins.koboutilities.action", line 5341, in load_ebook
  File "D:\Documents\git\calibre\src\calibre\ebooks\oeb\polish\container.py", line 1190, in __init__
  File "D:\Documents\git\calibre\src\calibre\utils\localunzip.py", line 253, in extractall
  File "D:\Documents\git\calibre\src\calibre\utils\localunzip.py", line 240, in _extractall
ValueError: Not a ZIP file
I got this error while updating the TOC for a handful of fics. Any idea what's going on?

The error didn't reoccur when I tried again and when I put the three books into epub-checker there were only some minor errors about html attributes.

EDIT: Actually, I suspect it might be because I tried to run it before the book had completely finished sending to device.
That would be it. The error is that the book file is not a valid zip file, and if it was in the midst of being copied, to the device, it could cause something like that. I have been thinking of adding a check to see if there were any device jobs in the queue before running this. Your error proves that it is needed And it should have been on a few of the other functions as well.

Are you having any other issues with this? Any suggestions for improvements?
Old 04-15-2021, 11:09 PM   #2218
ownedbycats
Custom User Title

No other issues! The dialog is still a bit over-wide but I think being able to rearrange the columns would help if that's not too difficult to implement.
Old 04-17-2021, 01:51 PM   #2219
ownedbycats
Custom User Title

Also, a minor tyop:

Click image for larger version

Name:	2021-04-17 14_51_16-Window.png
Views:	329
Size:	2.9 KB
ID:	186666
Old 04-18-2021, 06:52 AM   #2220
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Also, a minor tyop:

Attachment 186666
That's not a typo. That's bad English. And one of the reasons I am a programmer.

Tags
calibre, kobo, kobo utilities, kobo-utilities, plugins