Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 11-30-2011, 01:34 PM   #196
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by carld View Post
It looks interesting, but the download link takes me to the Android Market install screen. Is there a download for the standalone apk?
You can get it here
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 01:38 PM   #197
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyluis View Post
Good RSS reader? I got EasyRSS right now. Not sure how I like it. Google Reader is my RSS reader of choice, but for some reason I always try to find an app. But the Google Reader interface is always the best interface. Lol. Ugh, 1st world problems.
I am using Pulse as my Google Reader.
Advert
Old 11-30-2011, 03:01 PM   #198
monkeyluis
Banned
monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad "3", Kindle Touch, Kindle Fire, iPhone 4S
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
I am using Pulse as my Google Reader.
I love pulse. But it doesn't support all of my feeds.
monkeyluis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 03:35 PM   #199
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
You mean like podcast feeds? I noticed that. I am currently testing two apps for podcasts. One is paid and one is free. Beyondpod and Doggcatcher.
Old 11-30-2011, 03:40 PM   #200
volwrath
Guru
volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SGS3/PW2/Nexus72
Quote:
I use NewsRob and it works great with Google Reader integration and ALOT OF FEEDS

Quote:
You mean like podcast feeds? I noticed that. I am currently testing two apps for podcasts. One is paid and one is free. Beyondpod and Doggcatcher.
I really like doggcatcher and the developer is constantly tweaking it making it better, although that makes it a bit of a hassle since I sideloaded it from my phone
volwrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-30-2011, 04:34 PM   #201
carld
Wizard
carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by jswinden View Post
Oops, sorry, I didn't realize they merely linked to the Android Market. I actually got it for my phone via the Android Market then backed it up into an apk file and installed it on my Fire. I later found their website and assumed the link was a direct download.
Thanks. I just worked through the backup & install procedure, and got Moboplayer installed on my Fire. Works great.
carld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 04:44 PM   #202
obsessed2
Wizard
obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocket Edge X 2 , Edge, gTab, Kindle Fire, Nextbook 7S
Quote:

Here's another free one you may like.

http://slideme.org/application/mypod
obsessed2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 04:48 PM   #203
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by obsessed2 View Post
Here's another free one you may like.

http://slideme.org/application/mypod
One of first one I tried. Uninstall it. It couldn't handle the feed I use for podcast.

Hubby has been using Beyond pod for school so he likes it I am leaning toward doggcatcher at the moment. It's really nice.
Old 11-30-2011, 05:01 PM   #204
obsessed2
Wizard
obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
One of first one I tried. Uninstall it. It couldn't handle the feed I use for podcast.

Hubby has been using Beyond pod for school so he likes it I am leaning toward doggcatcher at the moment. It's really nice.

Thanks. I'll check those out.
Old 11-30-2011, 05:22 PM   #205
gilly78201
gilly78201 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle fire
has anyone had problems downloading apps at pandaapp? I've struck out twice, and trying now with what I thought would be a quick download, but its taking forever. I hope I did everything right
gilly78201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 05:38 PM   #206
obsessed2
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by gilly78201 View Post
has anyone had problems downloading apps at pandaapp? I've struck out twice, and trying now with what I thought would be a quick download, but its taking forever. I hope I did everything right
I haven't had any problems. Although I haven't tried it today. Is your Fire setup to Install Apps from Unknown Sources? Touch Quick Settings, More, Device, and enable Allow Installation of Applications from Unknown Sources.

When you select Fast Download do you see a little icon pop up in the Fire's Notification Bar? When downloading Apps outside of the Amazon App Store, you will see a small pop-up in the Notification Area of the Status Bar at the Top of the Fire. If you touch the Notification you will see the download in progress. After the download is complete, touch it to launch the App installation package.

Also, you can download Apps from Panda App using a PC and then sideload it to the Fire. Panda App has a Store App as well. Try downloading and installing it and see if it works better. Perhaps they are just having server problems right now. I'll check it and get back to you.

UPDATE: I just downloaded Doodle Dash (link is in post # 20 of this thread) and it worked fine. What browser are you using?

Last edited by obsessed2; 11-30-2011 at 05:49 PM.
Old 11-30-2011, 06:13 PM   #207
monkeyluis
Banned
monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad "3", Kindle Touch, Kindle Fire, iPhone 4S
Quote:
No. Like hundreds of feeds. LOL... I can't remember but it only supports up to a certain limit.
monkeyluis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 06:13 PM   #208
gilly78201
gilly78201 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by obsessed2 View Post
I haven't had any problems. Although I haven't tried it today. Is your Fire setup to Install Apps from Unknown Sources? Touch Quick Settings, More, Device, and enable Allow Installation of Applications from Unknown Sources.

When you select Fast Download do you see a little icon pop up in the Fire's Notification Bar? When downloading Apps outside of the Amazon App Store, you will see a small pop-up in the Notification Area of the Status Bar at the Top of the Fire. If you touch the Notification you will see the download in progress. After the download is complete, touch it to launch the App installation package.

Also, you can download Apps from Panda App using a PC and then sideload it to the Fire. Panda App has a Store App as well. Try downloading and installing it and see if it works better. Perhaps they are just having server problems right now. I'll check it and get back to you.

UPDATE: I just downloaded Doodle Dash (link is in post # 20 of this thread) and it worked fine. What browser are you using?
yep, I actually see the download percentage on my kindle fire. the 3rd app I tried was a pix and stix type game, I was watching the download, and it reached 49%, then a pop up said cannot complete.

I will try downloading the panda app, and go through that. I might have better luck. I was using the silk browser
gilly78201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 07:12 PM   #209
obsessed2
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by gilly78201 View Post
yep, I actually see the download percentage on my kindle fire. the 3rd app I tried was a pix and stix type game, I was watching the download, and it reached 49%, then a pop up said cannot complete.

I will try downloading the panda app, and go through that. I might have better luck. I was using the silk browser

Try the Panda App Store App first. That's probably your best route.

Also, the Silk browser is pretty good, but because all traffic goes through Amazon's servers it could cause problems with some sites. Try an alternate browser. A couple suggestions are Dolphin Mini, Opera Mini, Firefox, or Miren.
Old 11-30-2011, 10:07 PM   #210
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

ToDo Task Manager - Lite by Mike's Android Workshop
This is a great nagger app. I would be lost without it!
There is a free version and paid version at the Amazon App Store.

I found this app one night months ago when my hubby was sick and running a high fever. He refused to take anything for it. He wanted to sweat it out. I needed something to remind me every 30 minutes to go take his temperature to make sure he was okay. Since then this app and me have been inseparable. It nags me to do the dishes, It nags at me to put clothes in the dryer, it nags at me to get the bills together and basically anything I tell it to nag at me about.

It's a to-do list app with reminders. Unlike most apps these reminders can be customized to anyway you want to be nagged.

You can tell it in advance when to start nagging you and you can snooze the nagging if need be. You can loop the nagging sound so it sounds like an alarm. I set it to start at a certain time and to nag me every 30 minutes. You can prioritize your tasks and there is an calendar view and alot more but what I use it for is the nagging. You can set the reminders to nag you at any time.

It's like having hubby here all the time nagging me. Seriously with my anemic brain I forget to do alot and if I am caught up in a book... well my whole chore list gets forgotten for the night but this little app wont let me forget it yells and yells till I get off my rear and get whatever it's nagging me about done.

Tonight I bought the Pro version with some of my birthday money. It's well earn its keep and Amazon says it's Fire compatible.