Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 11-19-2011, 03:32 PM   #181
LesRS
Enthusiast
LesRS for a long time would go to bed early.LesRS for a long time would go to bed early.LesRS for a long time would go to bed early.LesRS for a long time would go to bed early.LesRS for a long time would go to bed early.LesRS for a long time would go to bed early.LesRS for a long time would go to bed early.LesRS for a long time would go to bed early.LesRS for a long time would go to bed early.LesRS for a long time would go to bed early.LesRS for a long time would go to bed early.

Device: Lenovo A1 Tablet
Thanks! That's it!
LesRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 04:48 AM   #182
djulian
Evangelist
djulian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djulian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djulian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djulian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djulian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djulian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djulian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djulian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djulian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djulian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djulian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
@LesRS: If you have Amazon Prime, can you stream to the A1?
djulian is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-21-2011, 12:25 PM   #183
emilikins
Short One in the Stacks
emilikins can program the VCR without an owner's manual.emilikins can program the VCR without an owner's manual.emilikins can program the VCR without an owner's manual.emilikins can program the VCR without an owner's manual.emilikins can program the VCR without an owner's manual.emilikins can program the VCR without an owner's manual.emilikins can program the VCR without an owner's manual.emilikins can program the VCR without an owner's manual.emilikins can program the VCR without an owner's manual.emilikins can program the VCR without an owner's manual.emilikins can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: HTC Flyer; Kobo WiFi
Quote:
@LesRS: If you have Amazon Prime, can you stream to the A1?
I can stream very nicely on my Flyer off Amazon (and Netflix through the app). Netflix looked to be better quality, but probably because I went through the app instead of the browser.
emilikins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 03:48 PM   #184
tequila0341
Enthusiast
tequila0341 for a long time would go to bed early.tequila0341 for a long time would go to bed early.tequila0341 for a long time would go to bed early.tequila0341 for a long time would go to bed early.tequila0341 for a long time would go to bed early.tequila0341 for a long time would go to bed early.tequila0341 for a long time would go to bed early.tequila0341 for a long time would go to bed early.tequila0341 for a long time would go to bed early.tequila0341 for a long time would go to bed early.tequila0341 for a long time would go to bed early.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9, Kobo Glo HD
How would you Lenovo A1 owners rate the screen of the A1? I looked at the Nook Tablet's screen today and it was quite nice - my fiancee's Ipad 2 screen is pretty luscious as well. I used to own an Archos 101 which I returned because the screen was frankly ugly and hard to look at. Is the Lenovo's screen close to the Ipad?
tequila0341 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 06:27 PM   #185
djulian
Evangelist
djulian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djulian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djulian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djulian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djulian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djulian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djulian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djulian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djulian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djulian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djulian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by emilikins View Post
I can stream very nicely on my Flyer off Amazon (and Netflix through the app). Netflix looked to be better quality, but probably because I went through the app instead of the browser.
Thanks, Emilikins! I got an e-mail from Amazon saying that Prime Instant Video was only available for streaming on the Fire, but that sounded incorrect.
Advert
Old 11-21-2011, 06:55 PM   #186
DreamWriter
Books are brain food.
DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite · Fire HD6/HD8/HD10 · Galaxy Tab A7
Quote:
Originally Posted by djulian View Post
Thanks, Emilikins! I got an e-mail from Amazon saying that Prime Instant Video was only available for streaming on the Fire, but that sounded incorrect.
I'm interested in the Fire, but I've also been looking at other tablets. On Amazon's website the only mobile device that's listed as being compatible with Amazon Instant Video is the Kindle Fire. I wish there was a way to know which other tablets can actually do that so I can narrow down my list!
DreamWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 10:33 PM   #187
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamWriter View Post
I'm interested in the Fire, but I've also been looking at other tablets. On Amazon's website the only mobile device that's listed as being compatible with Amazon Instant Video is the Kindle Fire. I wish there was a way to know which other tablets can actually do that so I can narrow down my list!
You can stream using the browser on your tablet. Some are more capable than others if you're looking for smooth playback.
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 10:35 PM   #188
SeaKing
Frequent Flier
SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KB kindle aboard, Galx Tab 7.0 Plus, trying out Droid 1 as mini-tab
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamWriter View Post
I am not sure what "instant video" is but I am a Prime member and can stream Amazon movies to my computer.
SeaKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 12:05 AM   #189
djulian
Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaKing View Post
I am not sure what "instant video" is but I am a Prime member and can stream Amazon movies to my computer.
That's the same thing, I think. There's "Prime Instant Video" which is free for Amazon Prime Users, and then there's the "Amazon Instant Video Store" which is for anyone at a per-video charge.
Old 11-22-2011, 01:51 AM   #190
JxK
Enthusiast
JxK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JxK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JxK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JxK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JxK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JxK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JxK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JxK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JxK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JxK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JxK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, NC CM 7.2
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCION View Post
You can stream using the browser on your tablet. Some are more capable than others if you're looking for smooth playback.
And by the looks of things, pretty soon you'll be able to use the Kindle Fire software/launcher on your android tablet of choice.
JxK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 09:39 AM   #191
emilikins
Short One in the Stacks
emilikins can program the VCR without an owner's manual.emilikins can program the VCR without an owner's manual.emilikins can program the VCR without an owner's manual.emilikins can program the VCR without an owner's manual.emilikins can program the VCR without an owner's manual.emilikins can program the VCR without an owner's manual.emilikins can program the VCR without an owner's manual.emilikins can program the VCR without an owner's manual.emilikins can program the VCR without an owner's manual.emilikins can program the VCR without an owner's manual.emilikins can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: HTC Flyer; Kobo WiFi
You can do the Prime Instant (the free, I haven't paid for a video yet on Amazon) through the browser, not an app. Browsers like Dolphin and Opera are pretty good about going to the "real" sites, so you don't have to worry about getting mobile-only stuff. It's probably a Fire-only app that's giving you the compatibility error, or Amazon is being just vague enough on their wording of what the streaming service is to make you think you have to buy a Fire to get it.

Update: Liliputing reports that the Amazon Video app on the Fire can be loaded onto other Android devices.

Last edited by emilikins; 11-22-2011 at 10:54 AM.
emilikins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 04:36 PM   #192
LesRS
Enthusiast
LesRS for a long time would go to bed early.LesRS for a long time would go to bed early.LesRS for a long time would go to bed early.LesRS for a long time would go to bed early.LesRS for a long time would go to bed early.LesRS for a long time would go to bed early.LesRS for a long time would go to bed early.LesRS for a long time would go to bed early.LesRS for a long time would go to bed early.LesRS for a long time would go to bed early.LesRS for a long time would go to bed early.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tequila0341 View Post
How would you Lenovo A1 owners rate the screen of the A1? I looked at the Nook Tablet's screen today and it was quite nice - my fiancee's Ipad 2 screen is pretty luscious as well. I used to own an Archos 101 which I returned because the screen was frankly ugly and hard to look at. Is the Lenovo's screen close to the Ipad?
The screen is gorgeous! On par with the Kindle Fire and Nook Tablet! I am finding a few annoying things about it (i.e. the back button is hidden in the black mate finish of the bezel, so it's hard to find). All & all, I am happy about the purchase. I like having access to the Android Market and Amazon App store. It came with a Lenovo app store, but its pretty bare and very few apps there are free. I haven't try doing the Amazon Instant video yet.
Old 11-25-2011, 10:11 PM   #193
SeaKing
Frequent Flier
SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I noticed that you can get a month of Prime for free and try out everything.
Old 11-27-2011, 10:47 PM   #194
LesRS
Enthusiast

Yes, this is true!!
Old 11-29-2011, 08:16 AM   #195
SeaKing
Frequent Flier

I think I have been pretty patient, but Amazon still hasn't sent me an email saying the Lenovo A1 was my for the asking. They better not try my patience.