Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 11-15-2011, 08:00 PM   #166
Batman Jr.
Unstoppably Curious
Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Kindle 3/Fire; BB Z10; enTourage eDGe/Pocket eDGe; iPad4/iPod touch 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by jswinden View Post
Still waiting at 6:50pm. My normal delivery time is between noon and mid-afternoon.
Sincere question - Have you checked to make sure they didn't leave it on the porch or side of the house (it's happened to me)?
Batman Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 08:16 PM   #167
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
Quote:
Still waiting at 6:50pm. My normal delivery time is between noon and mid-afternoon.
Probably bogged down with Fire deliveries!
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-15-2011, 08:24 PM   #168
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCION View Post
Probably bogged down with Fire deliveries!
That is what I'm thinking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman Jr. View Post
Sincere question - Have you checked to make sure they didn't leave it on the porch or side of the house (it's happened to me)?
I hope not as I live in an apartment. It wasn't delivered to the front office, and the UPS tracking still shows Out for Delivery. Plus I've been home all day.
Old 11-15-2011, 08:44 PM   #169
Batman Jr.
Unstoppably Curious
Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Kindle 3/Fire; BB Z10; enTourage eDGe/Pocket eDGe; iPad4/iPod touch 5
Quote:
I hope not as I live in an apartment. It wasn't delivered to the front office, and the UPS tracking still shows Out for Delivery. Plus I've been home all day.
Ah well, sorry then. I was just feeling empathy for your waiting - I hate that late-day delivery, especially for a first-generation device. I get to do the post-sundown stakeout tomorrow . Good luck.
Batman Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 08:47 PM   #170
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
That is what I'm thinking.

If they do not get there by 10pm Call UPS and give them the tracking number. They can check for problems that may not show up on the tracking site.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-15-2011, 09:19 PM   #171
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
If they do not get there by 10pm Call UPS and give them the tracking number. They can check for problems that may not show up on the tracking site.
It arrived at 8:07pm! Just registered it and it is downloading/installing 6.1. I had wished to look at the reading app before it installed 6.1 to have a comparison, but no such luck as it immediately started updating once I entered my WiFi PW.

BTW @Blossom, the AC power adapter has a cable built in so no need to find a USB cable for charging. Unlike the K3 charger which needs a separate cable, this one is permanently attached.

Last edited by jswinden; 11-15-2011 at 09:22 PM.
Old 11-15-2011, 09:27 PM   #172
weasty
Enthusiast
weasty has become one with the cosmosweasty has become one with the cosmosweasty has become one with the cosmosweasty has become one with the cosmosweasty has become one with the cosmosweasty has become one with the cosmosweasty has become one with the cosmosweasty has become one with the cosmosweasty has become one with the cosmosweasty has become one with the cosmosweasty has become one with the cosmos

Device: Kindle paper white, kobo mini, nook glo, iPad 3
Mine shipped today and will be here tomorrow. I selected overnight shipping. yay!!
weasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 09:34 PM   #173
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
It arrived at 8:07pm! Just registered it and it is downloading/installing 6.1. I had wished to look at the reading app before it installed 6.1 to have a comparison, but no such luck as it immediately started updating once I entered my WiFi PW.

BTW @Blossom, the AC power adapter has a cable built in so no need to find a USB cable for charging. Unlike the K3 charger which needs a separate cable, this one is permanently attached.
Yay! Enjoy your Fire! Mine will be here tomorrow. I somehow got upgraded to overnight shipping instead of 2 day!
Old 11-15-2011, 09:37 PM   #174
TimW
Wizard
TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KK3G, KPW1, Sony PRST1, Sony PRS350, iPod Touch 5G
Quote:
Yay! Enjoy your Fire! Mine will be here tomorrow. I somehow got upgraded to overnight shipping instead of 2 day!
Excellent...yours is coming from NC?
TimW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 09:37 PM   #175
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimW View Post
Excellent...yours is coming from NC?
Yeppers! Amazon has gone even higher in my book now.
Old 11-15-2011, 09:46 PM   #176
TimW
Wizard
TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Yeppers! Amazon has gone even higher in my book now.
They finished the interstate going from Asheville into TN...that helps a lot. I drove from TN into NC through Boone many years ago and the road was so twisty I almost needed Dramamine.
Old 11-15-2011, 09:55 PM   #177
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
They finished the interstate going from Asheville into TN...that helps a lot. I drove from TN into NC through Boone many years ago and the road was so twisty I almost needed Dramamine.
We traveled that early this year when we went to Black Mountain.
I use to live in Boone. Good ole highway 321 or was it 421 you took? Very twisty indeed!

But that's nothing compared to coming down the Blue Ridge parkway from Roanoke to Boone driving a Ryder truck and a car trailer behind it in blizzard conditions with the song Free Falling playing in the background and no shoulder in site just miles and miles of drop offs. Ah the memories...
Old 11-15-2011, 10:17 PM   #178
TimW
Wizard

Quote:
We traveled that early this year when we went to Black Mountain.
I use to live in Boone. Good ole highway 321 or was it 421 you took? Very twisty indeed!

But that's nothing compared to coming down the Blue Ridge parkway from Roanoke to Boone driving a Ryder truck and a car trailer behind it in blizzard conditions with the song Free Falling playing in the background and no shoulder in site just miles and miles of drop offs. Ah the memories...
Yes, 321 from Johnson City and 421 through Boone. I love BR Parkway (not in snow storms!) but my favorite part is:

Because road isn't actually connected to anything (it rests on pilings), you have an odd feeling that you're flying around the mountains. Avoid any mind-altering drugs.
Old 11-15-2011, 10:32 PM   #179
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Yes, 321 from Johnson City and 421 through Boone. I love BR Parkway (not in snow storms!) but my favorite part is:

Because road isn't actually connected to anything (it rests on pilings), you have an odd feeling that you're flying around the mountains. Avoid any mind-altering drugs.
Ah the Linn Cove Viaduct. A wonder in it's making. It's even crazier looking from underneath. I live by J.C. Next you'll tell me you love the mile high swinging bridge! 3 times was enough for me on that bridge but I love driving over the Viaduct or stopping at Price Lake when we go for a drive there. It's not that far really.
Old 11-15-2011, 10:52 PM   #180
hn333
Addict
hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Kindle Fire
I should get mine in the mail around noon.
hn333 is offline   Reply With Quote