Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe > enTourage Archive

Notices

Old 03-16-2011, 01:52 AM   #166
aidren
Edge User

I am also glad to hear you're all right, alefor.

Old 03-16-2011, 05:21 AM   #167
alefor
Edge User

Thank you both for the above thoughts. I live 90 miles south of the reactor (and about 60 miles north of Tokyo) and things around here are remarkably normal in most ways. It is extremely hard to buy gasoline, and many grocery stores are closed or have empty shelves. But otherwise, in this area, life seems mostly normal, with a few aftershocks every day and occasional loss of electricity. These are mere inconveniences. I say this in all honesty, but also with a great deal of humility, knowing that I am so close to devastation of epic proportions. The pictures that I see on TV are just heart breaking.

Advert
Old 03-16-2011, 08:06 AM   #168
paula-t
Edge User

I am glad you are all right, Alefor. Please extreme measures against radiation. This is the real problem, not the earthquake. Radiation is silent, invisible and pervasive, but the best advice is to act as if all the things the government says are not happening are actually happening, for the sake of preventing damage, taking care of everyone's precious lives and being ahead of calamities. Please take good care! We wish you the best, while we all pray so that Japan may overcome this hard situation and recover as soon as possible. Something happens in one place of the Earth, and in fact is happening to all of us, isn't it... (Sigh...) Please keep us updated, and stay well!

Old 03-16-2011, 09:21 AM   #169
JBrondos
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmoc View Post
While I am hoping for the end of February, I believe it will be ready the middle of March and none is more disappointed in that than I am. Thanks for your support and patience.
bmoc,

I love the hardware. What about the software updates? It's now the middle of March. What's the latest on Android 2.2? And can one look beyond that to Android 3.0?

Can you toss us another crumb, please?

Old 03-16-2011, 10:15 AM   #170
borisb
Edge User

Here's your crumb:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snow
Hey everyone,

I know I said bmoc is who you should look for to provide official announcements, and you still should, however everyone here is often quite busy. I can say that the Ermine build with Froyo on it is still being developed. I know there have been several internal releases with it on for testing purposes. Please don't ask for a release date, we're way behind on the original goal and when we're ready we make an announcement. Thanks
Give them until middle of April at the earliest for the next update and/or delivery of Android 2.2.

Advert
Old 03-16-2011, 10:17 AM   #171
alefor
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by paula-t View Post
I am glad you are all right, Alefor. Please extreme measures against radiation. ....... (Sigh...) Please keep us updated, and stay well!
Many thanks Paula. I really appreciate the thoughts. The best guards against radiation of all kinds is distance and shielding. I am 90 miles away, and unless there is some major calamity, I am confident that any exposure will be minimal. But, that could change any time if something terrible happens.

Old 03-16-2011, 12:47 PM   #172
Corpulent One
Edge User

I don't mean this in an insensitive way, but perhaps we could start a separate thread for the Japan catastrophe well-wishing? I'm always checking back when the firmware thread and this one are updated, but 95% of the time recently it's had nothing to do with updates or firmware.

Or PM alefor directly if you're willing to forego the opportunity of advertising what a nice wholesome person you are.

Old 03-16-2011, 06:11 PM   #173
alefor
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corpulent One View Post
I don't mean this in an insensitive way, but perhaps we could start a separate thread for the Japan catastrophe well-wishing? I'm always checking back when the firmware thread and this one are updated, but 95% of the time recently it's had nothing to do with updates or firmware.

Or PM alefor directly if you're willing to forego the opportunity of advertising what a nice wholesome person you are.

I fully agree. However, what is perhaps most unfortunate is that there is NOTHING to report about updates. I would modify your message to say that 100% of the time recently (in months actually) there is nothing about updates. NOTHING! So, just like TV news, things migrate when there is no other news.

Old 03-17-2011, 11:23 PM   #174
guyjack
Edge User

Also, alefor, I hope that all is well with you over there in Japan. Please be safe!

Old 03-23-2011, 08:41 AM   #175
alefor
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBrondos View Post
I think I have it on good authority that we are going to see the Android 2.2 update for our eDGes before March 31.
With all due respect, "on good authority" just doesnt cut it.

Old 03-23-2011, 08:41 AM   #176
fgruber
Edge User

You mean you heard this from a Entourage employee??? Recently??

Quote:
I think I have it on good authority that we are going to see the Android 2.2 update for our eDGes before March 31. I'm not just talking about a rumor . . . but I think I can wait that long. And then I'll be wondering when we'll see the Android 3 upgrade.

Old 03-23-2011, 08:52 AM   #177
gecko
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by alefor View Post
With all due respect, "on good authority" just doesnt cut it.
It's better than "On crappy authority," isn't it, especially if that's meant literally, and the rumor was extruded from his-or-her where-the-sun-don't-shine. Oh, sorry, it's a not-rumor, whatever that is.

Old 03-23-2011, 09:02 AM   #178
alefor
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by gecko View Post
It's better than "On crappy authority," isn't it, especially if that's meant literally, and the rumor was extruded from his-or-her where-the-sun-don't-shine. Oh, sorry, it's a not-rumor, whatever that is.
Actually, I think making a post like that with a meaningless and cryptic phrase like "on good authority" is more destructive than a rumor, because it leads to false hope. In my opinion, we need facts and even better, as borisb suggested, we need screen shots etc. If someone really has information "on good authority" then it would be far better to be forthcoming and tell us all where it came from instead of a cryptic phrase like that.

In any case, only time will tell as there is no factual information available. If we get the update by March 31st, as "good authority" suggests, thats fine. Even if that happens, in my opinion, it says nothing about the future of Entourage.

Old 03-23-2011, 09:11 AM   #179
borisb
Edge User

Quote:
on good authority
Correct us if we're wrong, but you're not an enTourage employee. As such, you have no authority and any statement you make is hearsay.

If perchance you actually are a secret beta tester, then you're under an NDA, and, again, you have no authority to make such statements.

Old 03-23-2011, 09:23 AM   #180
paula-t
Edge User

Very sorry, Corpulent One, on behalf of those who have posted in this thread good wishes to fellow forum members who are in a disaster-affected area.
Yes, you are right, we should have posted these in a separate thread.

Concomitantly, if you think that human beings express sympathy and concern because they want to "advertise what a nice wholesome person they are",
and you want to "advertise in the forum what a skeptical person you are", perhaps you should set the example and comment that
in a separate thread.

I mean, asking to stick to the thread is one thing, but your judgment about other people's intentions neither has to do with updates, hasn't it?