Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 07-08-2023, 02:35 AM   #1681
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by peterpeter View Post
Thank you, that did the trick! If the plugin was successfully authorized previously, can it lose its authorization on the goodreads account?
Yeah authorization will (guessing here) create a cookie local to your browser/machine. So if you have done anything like change machines, change browsers or cleared out your cookies those would all affect it. It also may be that authorization cookie has an expiry period on it so the website will expect you to have to reauthenticate from time to time.

I will put on the todo list to give a better message in that circumstance - it is stated in the details of the response "why" the request failed, I should just detect that and give some better info in this circumstance. I have no idea as it was so long ago whether the other reason why requests fail that you were given a message about (hitting request limits) gives the same inner response message or not, so probably safest just to give two messages to the user of things they can try to do.
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2023, 08:55 AM   #1682
peterpeter
peterpeter began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwidude View Post
Yeah authorization will (guessing here) create a cookie local to your browser/machine. So if you have done anything like change machines, change browsers or cleared out your cookies those would all affect it. It also may be that authorization cookie has an expiry period on it so the website will expect you to have to reauthenticate from time to time.

I will put on the todo list to give a better message in that circumstance - it is stated in the details of the response "why" the request failed, I should just detect that and give some better info in this circumstance. I have no idea as it was so long ago whether the other reason why requests fail that you were given a message about (hitting request limits) gives the same inner response message or not, so probably safest just to give two messages to the user of things they can try to do.
Understood, thanks for the clarification. In this case, it must have to do with expiry period since my machine hasn't changed and I haven't changed browsers or cleared cookies.
peterpeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-24-2023, 06:58 PM   #1683
Rellwood
Library Breeder (She/Her)
Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD (1) PW3 (4) PW3 2019 new edition (1)
Is there anyway to export the rules in a human read copy so it's easier to find problems? I have a ton of shelves and a ton of rules, but I can't easily find where I made mistakes or have outdated or redundant rules. Going into the plugin itself for each rule is a pain, and the only time I can see the rules is when I am activly syncing shelves. Then it's only syncing but not adding. That dialog that pops up for each shelf sync that indicates that associated actions with it would be great to read for each rule on it's own outside of the plugin. I have had too many sync rules add,remove tags to the wrong shelf because I made an error in choosing which shelves in the dropdown. I have no way of telling which add rules I have becuse adding to a shelf doesn't open the dialogue. If you can't do this, can you advice me of a program that will take the .json file and make it into a human read version?
Rellwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2023, 06:41 AM   #1684
kiwidude
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rellwood View Post
Is there anyway to export the rules in a human read copy so it's easier to find problems?
The actions for all shelves are visible in a column to the right in the Preferences dialog in the User Shelves section to be able to a look across your shelves.

I know that data is not currently "exportable" to be used outside the plugin. And I also know that it doesn't include "everything" about the actions for that shelf (it has the actions, but does not include the additional granular detail of what additional metadata it uploads such as rating, date read and review text).

The Add to shelf dialog shows does not show the actions for the selected shelf, but it does show the additional metadata details being updated.

The Sync from Shelf dialog shows the actions for the selected shelf, but it does not show the additional metadata details being synced.

So I agree there is a little inconsistency there but I'm still not quite sure what it is you are asking for? Tell me exactly which of the above isn't sufficient and I will have a think about whether I can change it or not. The simplest answer may well be an export to csv option of the data from the Preferences dialog...
Old 08-18-2023, 10:16 PM   #1685
Rellwood
Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Yes. A feature to copy to clipboard, then I can open it in excel. I can easily take note of the sync and add rules to make sure that I am not making any contradictions or having spelling mistakes.

Thats all I want. Please and Thank You!
Advert
Old 08-19-2023, 08:52 AM   #1686
nixholetta
nixholetta began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle paperwhite
Hi everyone, I want to flag an issue I'm having with the plugin since I installed the new version of Calibre (not sure if it is connected or not). When I click the button to open the dropdown nothing happens, it doesn't trigger the dropdown nor anything else.

I deleted and re-installed both calibre and the plugin but nothing has changed.
Thanks in advance.
nixholetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2023, 10:25 PM   #1687
dunhill
Guru
dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: moon+ reader, kindle paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by nixholetta View Post
Hi everyone, I want to flag an issue I'm having with the plugin since I installed the new version of Calibre (not sure if it is connected or not). When I click the button to open the dropdown nothing happens, it doesn't trigger the dropdown nor anything else.

I deleted and re-installed both calibre and the plugin but nothing has changed.
Thanks in advance.
It's a strange behaviour, it works fine for me.
As a query, do you have the other plugins updated for the latest version of Calibre?
Have you run debug mode to see possible errors ?
dunhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2023, 03:18 AM   #1688
nixholetta
nixholetta began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunhill View Post
It's a strange behaviour, it works fine for me.
As a query, do you have the other plugins updated for the latest version of Calibre?
Have you run debug mode to see possible errors ?
Hi Dunhill, thanks for your reply.
All the plugins are updated, I don't know how to get to debug mode but will research and try do that.
The only new thing I discovered is the following error when I click "Customise plugin", I don't know what it means, I did some googling but the answer are unrelated.

Quote:
calibre, version 6.25.0
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>AttributeError</b>:'NoneType' object has no attribute 'PROXY_TYPE_HTTP_NO_TUNNEL'

calibre 6.25 embedded-python: True
macOS-13.4.1-x86_64-i386-64bit Darwin ('64bit', '')
('Darwin', '22.5.0', 'Darwin Kernel Version 22.5.0: Thu Jun 8 22:22:22 PDT 2023; root:xnu-8796.121.3~7/RELEASE_X86_64')
Python 3.10.1
OSX: ('13.4.1', ('', '', ''), 'x86_64')
Interface language: en_GB
Successfully initialized third party plugins: Count Pages (1, 13, 0) && Goodreads (1, 7, 9) && Goodreads Sync (1, 16, 3) && Manage Series (1, 5, 1) && Quality Check (1, 13, 6)
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre/gui2/preferences/plugins.py", line 301, in customize_plugin
File "calibre/gui2/preferences/plugins.py", line 378, in modify_plugin
File "calibre/customize/__init__.py", line 156, in do_user_config
File "calibre_plugins.goodreads_sync.__init__", line 60, in config_widget
grhttp = HttpHelper(self.actual_plugin_.gui)
File "calibre_plugins.goodreads_sync.core", line 93, in __init__
proxy_type = httplib2.socks.PROXY_TYPE_HTTP_NO_TUNNEL
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'PROXY_TYPE_HTTP_NO_TUNNEL'
nixholetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2023, 12:29 AM   #1689
Rellwood

Something happened between September 19th and now to where any book re-read or updated on the site will no longer download the last read date. The Goodreads date read will be the first date read - or no date read at all if it is the only time it was read and the read date was updated via the website.

This sucks.
Old 10-06-2023, 11:10 PM   #1690
kiwidude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rellwood View Post
Something happened between September 19th and now to where any book re-read or updated on the site will no longer download the last read date. The Goodreads date read will be the first date read - or no date read at all if it is the only time it was read and the read date was updated via the website.

This sucks.
Working fine for me @Rellwood - I just added a fake more recent additional date read for one of my books on Goodreads and it showed up in the sync dialog and applied itself to the book in calibre.
Old 10-18-2023, 03:17 AM   #1691
Rellwood

I don't know what happened but it sorted itself out just tonight. I didn't do anything but it just decided to fix. I have no clue.

I came here to see if it was fixed, but whatever, Im happy! I know that it may seem like I did something to make it not work, and then did something to make it word (inadvertantly) but I didn't. I have no clue.

The thing I hate the most is that Goodreads refuses to let dates that were updated on the website to show up as the most recent read date. If you were able to do it, I would really like to know, because even if I download the .csv the dates read are the last date that was updated/uploaded via Kindle or Calibre.
Old 10-26-2023, 01:17 PM   #1692
klieber
klieber began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
So I just started using this plugin and love it so far. I spent a considerable amount of time linking all my books with Goodreads and have a fairly well-curated library at this point.

The last thing I want is to have to re-do all of that work. Is there anything outside of my library directory that I need to back up? If I were to install Calibre on a new computer and install the Goodreads sync plugin, what additional steps would I need to take (other than copying my library directory) to have everything show up correctly linked, etc?

Thanks.
klieber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2023, 11:35 PM   #1693
kiwidude

Quote:
Originally Posted by klieber View Post
So I just started using this plugin and love it so far. I spent a considerable amount of time linking all my books with Goodreads and have a fairly well-curated library at this point.

The last thing I want is to have to re-do all of that work. Is there anything outside of my library directory that I need to back up? If I were to install Calibre on a new computer and install the Goodreads sync plugin, what additional steps would I need to take (other than copying my library directory) to have everything show up correctly linked, etc?

Thanks.
Outside of your library the only other thing is the plugins folder that will contain a Goodreads Sync.json file. You will want to back that up too. You can see the location in Preferences -> Miscellaneous -> Open calibre configuration folder -> Plugins subfolder
Old 10-31-2023, 03:18 PM   #1694
1024mb
1024mb began at the beginning.

Device: none
I see the plugin allows to set up multiple profiles but is it possible to select different columns for different profiles? I'm talking about the columns for rating and readdate. For profile A I use the default columns but for Profile B I use other custom columns and when I change between profiles the selections don't change so I'm guessing it's the same for every profile?
1024mb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2023, 06:23 AM   #1695
kiwidude

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1024mb View Post
I see the plugin allows to set up multiple profiles but is it possible to select different columns for different profiles? I'm talking about the columns for rating and readdate. For profile A I use the default columns but for Profile B I use other custom columns and when I change between profiles the selections don't change so I'm guessing it's the same for every profile?
Profiles currently are about the user specific information of the goodreads account, their shelves, and any actions associated with those shelves. But anything that is a checkbox on those shelf action dialogs like "upload rating" etc refers back to the shared set of configured columns which is the "Synchronisable Custom Columns" section on the main dialog.

No-one has ever asked for anything different before this. TBH I'm not sure how many users actually use that multi-user functionality (I don't use it myself).

Should it be changed? Thinking about it now I think probably it should. After all if the goal is to allow different family members to have their own date read and rating for a book (and hence unique columns) all managed from one calibre library then I can see that being desirable. Otherwise the multi-user aspect of this plugin really only works for people whose family members all read a unique set of books.

However finding the time to change it - that is another thing altogether

Tags
calibre, goodreads