Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 09-29-2019, 09:51 AM   #1666
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil_C View Post
Yes, Order Series Shelves. As you say, there is Series sort on the Clara. But I have to select that manually for each collection the first time I look at it. So I (mistakenly) thought that using the plugin would automatically set all collections to Series sort.

So I seem to have discovered a good side effect of what I did. Running the plugin task seemed to have no effect. But afterward, all I had to do was go to any collection on the Clara and set the sort to Series, whereupon ALL collections were set to Series!

I just tried another power down and this time the Series order did stick. This is after it did not stick several times on two Claras.
OK, I know what is happening. In a lot of places, when you change a setting on a Kobo device, it gets stored for the current item, but also gets stored as the default for the next item you look at, if it doesn't already have that setting. That is what you are seeing. The plugin can set the default sort to "Date added" for each collection it changes and for the default.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2019, 10:59 AM   #1667
Phil_C
Addict
Phil_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phil_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phil_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phil_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phil_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phil_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phil_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phil_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phil_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phil_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phil_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350; Kobo Clara HD; Kobo Clara 2E; Kobo Clara BW
OK, thanks. I like the unexpected benefit. And thanks for your driver, plugin, etc. They make the Kobo experience the best ever.
Phil_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-03-2019, 02:25 PM   #1668
69carat
69carat began at the beginning.

Device: none
Hi,
I am trying to set up Kobo Utilities and did the back up. Set up the column but I am not sure this works.
On the device I can select on the book if it is finished or not. But since I never paid attention before I don’t know if this was there or not.

I am very interested on reading status. Is there a way to have on the screen different statistics “page X to XXX” and the “time left” etc ?
69carat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 05:27 AM   #1669
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69carat View Post
Hi,
I am trying to set up Kobo Utilities and did the back up. Set up the column but I am not sure this works.
On the device I can select on the book if it is finished or not. But since I never paid attention before I don’t know if this was there or not.
Sorry, I don't know what you mean here. As you mentioned "finished", the plugin has ways to fetch the reading status from the device and send it back later. That is what the columns are for. But, you have to start the fetch or setup the automatic fetch. And the way to see if it works is to see if the reading status on the device matches what is in the calibre library.
Quote:
I am very interested on reading status. Is there a way to have on the screen different statistics “page X to XXX” and the “time left” etc ?
If you mean get these from the device and store them in calibre, then no. These are calculated as you read. You can approximate the "page x of y" using the percent read from the device and a page count which can be calculated using the Count Pages plugin.

For the time left, the device does store time spent reading, but, the time remaining isn't. But, it is just an estimate based on where you are in the book and an estimated reading speed. You could calculate that based on the word or page count, percent read and your own estimate of your reading speed. It will probably be just as accurate. There is discussion about doing this somewhere here, possibly in the Count Pages plugin's thread.
Old 10-07-2019, 01:54 PM   #1670
Leonatus
Wizard
Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara 2E, Tolino Shine 3
I have Calibre 4.0 (32 and 64 bit) and on my Kobo Touch (A) firmware version 4.17.13694. I had installed this version manually, but now, each time I open Calibre with the reader attached, there appears a box with the remark that there is a new firmware version for the reader and if I would like to install it. The point is, that it is the very same version that is already installed. Is there a way to show this to the plugin? as I have the Kobo patches installed, I would not be eager to do all once again.
Leonatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-07-2019, 03:11 PM   #1671
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonatus View Post
I have Calibre 4.0 (32 and 64 bit) and on my Kobo Touch (A) firmware version 4.17.13694. I had installed this version manually, but now, each time I open Calibre with the reader attached, there appears a box with the remark that there is a new firmware version for the reader and if I would like to install it. The point is, that it is the very same version that is already installed. Is there a way to show this to the plugin? as I have the Kobo patches installed, I would not be eager to do all once again.
There actually is a new firmware version available. It's version 4.18.x..
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 03:16 PM   #1672
Leonatus
Wizard
Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
There actually is a new firmware version available. It's version 4.18.x..
Well, but this is not (yet) the one offered by the plugin. By the way: The box declares the version present in my reader for unknown.
Old 10-07-2019, 03:41 PM   #1673
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Well, but this is not (yet) the one offered by the plugin. By the way: The box declares the version present in my reader for unknown.
Just tick the box in the driver configuration to (temporarily accept) that there is different firmware
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2019, 01:50 AM   #1674
Leonatus
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Just tick the box in the driver configuration to (temporarily accept) that there is different firmware
Thank you, I'll try this this evening!
Old 10-08-2019, 09:36 AM   #1675
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Thank you, I'll try this this evening!
I just checked mine: The box is still ticked. IIRC That means the driver has not been updated to recognize the new firmware. (when recognized, the tick will be cleared)
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2019, 09:44 AM   #1676
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
I just checked mine: The box is still ticked. IIRC That means the driver has not been updated to recognize the new firmware. (when recognized, the tick will be cleared)
No, that doesn't happen. You have to untick it yourself.

But, it is something I have meant to look at doing.
Old 10-08-2019, 09:48 AM   #1677
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
That is an option in the plugin configuration. It is on the second tab, the options to check for updates. It sounds like you have it configured to check each time the device is connected. Just turn it off.
Old 10-08-2019, 12:13 PM   #1678
Leonatus
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
It sounds like you have it configured to check each time the device is connected.
Yes, this is what I want to do the plugin, and:
Quote:
Just turn it off.
This is not what I would like to do.

What has been the intention for my report is, basically, that 0nce that I upgraded the reader manually, the plugin seems to not be able to recognize which firmware version is actually on the device; hence the offer to download and install a "new" firmware. In previous upgrades, I relied on the plugin to do that for me, and afterwards, it recognized the actual version.

So I wanted to know if there is something irregular.

but now I installed version 4.1 of Calibre (at least on my 64 bit computer), where one of the new features is the support for the new Kobo firmware (whichever may be meant, see the post of JSWolf above), and there is no more acknowledgement. so, everything isfine so far. Thanks all for the helpfulness!
Old 10-08-2019, 12:20 PM   #1679
Urdu
Enthusiast
Urdu is a glorious beacon of lightUrdu is a glorious beacon of lightUrdu is a glorious beacon of lightUrdu is a glorious beacon of lightUrdu is a glorious beacon of lightUrdu is a glorious beacon of lightUrdu is a glorious beacon of lightUrdu is a glorious beacon of lightUrdu is a glorious beacon of lightUrdu is a glorious beacon of lightUrdu is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo Forma
Is there a way for 3.48 Calibre users to update the Kobo plugin/driver?
Urdu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2019, 05:22 PM   #1680
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Urdu View Post
Is there a way for 3.48 Calibre users to update the Kobo plugin/driver?
Nope. You'll need to run Calibre 4.x. Are you stuck with an old OS X that won't run Calibre 4.x?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre, kobo, kobo utilities, kobo-utilities, plugins