Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Announcements

Notices

Old 07-08-2010, 02:51 PM   #1036
Mare of Earth
Leaver of Hoofmarks
Mare of Earth can name that song in three notesMare of Earth can name that song in three notesMare of Earth can name that song in three notesMare of Earth can name that song in three notesMare of Earth can name that song in three notesMare of Earth can name that song in three notesMare of Earth can name that song in three notesMare of Earth can name that song in three notesMare of Earth can name that song in three notesMare of Earth can name that song in three notesMare of Earth can name that song in three notes

Device: Kindle Scribe, Kindle Paperwhite 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by badgoodDeb View Post
Recluse -- when I said "No, I don't have a 3. Go fish" I didn't really mean for you to grab a pole and head for the nearest river!

*hurriedly wipes Dr. Pepper off computer screen before co-irkers notice*

.....I sneezed. Really. Laughter? Me? ....no...... *is silent*

Last edited by Mare of Earth; 07-08-2010 at 02:55 PM.
Mare of Earth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 03:05 PM   #1037
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by recluse View Post
I gotta put up with a lot around here, but I'll be damned if I'm gonna be disrespected by some mutt!
Disrespected? I thought I was complimenting (complementing?) you.

Some mutt?!!?
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 03:25 PM   #1038
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
I wonder ..... ya know, if Recluse views only on his Kindle, he may forget that his way cool avatar is such a great green. He only sees it in black & white. But it *is* a great shade of neony green.
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 03:39 PM   #1039
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mare of Earth View Post

*hurriedly wipes Dr. Pepper off computer screen before co-irkers notice*

.....I sneezed. Really. Laughter? Me? ....no...... *is silent*
co-irkers? was that Fruedian?
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 04:50 PM   #1040
recluse
Banned
recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2
Me forget?
Impossible.
My mind is vast, awe inspiring and badly lit.

I need to kidnap Alex Trebek to keep my mind occupied.

And you people need to turn on your spellchecks.
The posts have been barely legible of late.

Damn it!
I'm bleeding all over my Kindle!
recluse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 04:57 PM   #1041
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Quote:
Originally Posted by recluse View Post
Me forget?
Impossible.
My mind is vast, awe inspiring and badly lit.

I need to kidnap Alex Trebek to keep my mind occupied.

And you people need to turn on your spellchecks.
The posts have been barely legible of late.

Damn it!
I'm bleeding all over my Kindle!
From our sharp wit? Or your own. I like the "badly lit" bit ...
I can just picture it!
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 04:58 PM   #1042
happy_terd
Banned
happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS 420
Who won?
happy_terd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 05:17 PM   #1043
recluse
Banned
recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

If you believe the sportscasters, Miami.
Lebron James is going to play for the Heat.

I cut my hands up removing a tree for my sister.
Old 07-08-2010, 05:28 PM   #1044
happy_terd
Banned
happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS 420
I am from Akron. The guy isnt going to be allowed back in.
happy_terd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 08:55 PM   #1045
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
HIGH NOON

THE WAGES OF SIN

The Oz-Injun camp began to mobilize for the coming battle. Weapons were found and polished. Horses were groomed and fitted with battle saddles. Colorful, attractive clothing was chosen to be photographed in! The Oz-Indians were stylish as well as strategical!

Queen Katti'sCat rode out to review the preparations, along with MOTT. "Don't worry or hurry," she called out, "there's plenty of time to put the shrimp on the barbee! And maybe Alex too if he doesn't cough up the password for the iPad!" Then she glared at SS and continued "But I'm afraid there won't be any BBQ chicken tonight!"

"The rangers will ride first to the Chicken Ranch, where THEY will have chicken BBQ!" SS continued to slither away from the Queen's withering glare. You see, Queen KC just loved a nice drumstick smothered in spicy BBQ sauce. But it was not to be!

Meanwhile, back at the Chicken Ranch, look-outs posted on the roof began to shout and excitedly point towards the desert! "Look! There! Someone's coming!"

KennyC(hicken) ran out and shaded his eyes from the rising sun's deadly rays. "Shucks, that's not the rangers. It's only a single horseman. Wonder who's out by hisself in the middle of nowhere."

As the horseman approached, they began to hear a high shout bordering on the beginnings of hysterical screaming.
"Look," cried IAm(notAChicken) "It's that prospector fellow, Seasonings, riding hell-bent to leather as if the devil's on his trail!"

Seasonings rode his lathered knackered horse into the Chicken Ranch's corral and fell off onto the ground, shaking as if with ague!
"Worse than a devil on my trail" he wheezed, "five she-devils and a demon himself!"

The ranch hands began to back away, holding their noses, and saying "Sheesh, what's that god-awful smell. You smell like you've been wrassling with a polecat! And lost!"

"Please let me wash off," cried Seasonings, "I'm beginning to attract coyotes now!"

"What happened to you, handsome stranger?" simpered the two daughters, strangely attracted by Seasonings musky aroma.

"Well, it happened like this. I was carried out of MR-Rock by a band of leather-wearing vigilantes of the female persuasion. And some green-glowing guy carrying a kitten! It was like having one of your worst nightmares with your eyes open!"

"We made camp to rest the horses, and all five of those bi....s, errr, ladies skinned off their leathers and began to oil them up with mink oil. Didn't seem to bother them! But I thought my sinuses would explode. The green guy just kept trying to lick it off the leather, until KK smacked him with a whip. He liked that!"

"Then they started to look at me, kind of how an owl eyes up a mouse. Licking their lips and winking at me. I snuck out to relieve myself, grabbed my horse, and have been galloping through the dark ever since. The last thing I heard was the green guy calling 'Here kitty kindlish kitten' - I'm not sure if he was calling the woman or her cat."
"Can I please have a shower?"
"And, by the way, is Alex here?"

A profound hush fell over the ranch, as Pshellyrose and Psweetpea vied to tell him the tale of the Oz-Injun raid and the loss of Alex and his iPad.

"Dang," muttered Seasonings, "foiled again."

"Oh no" cried IAm(NotAChicken) "they took our cook too so we can't use the foil to cook our chickens! We had to order pizza, but it hasn't been delivered yet! We thought you might be the delivery boy!"

Far away in the desert, a lone man on a burro rode slowly into a slumbering camp reeking of angry civet cat. A green moon seemed to glow in the trees, and the creaking of leather bustiers filled the dawn light. Suddenly a voice demanded "Halt! Who goes there?"
Lawyer Tom doffed his hat and replied "It's me ... Lawyer Tom riding to defend the innocent, right the wrongs, and collect my fees. This little fellow is my burro moejose."
"Say, aren't you the feline posse that rode out from town with Vintage Seasonings? Where is he? And why is the moon green?"

Zelda strode forward and shrilled, her overpowering emotions making her French accent almost sound real: "Zee dirty scoundrel ran away! Abandoned us poor defenseless vomen volk in the middle of the nasty desert. Do we haff a case against heeem?"

"Hmmm," pondered Tom as he pulled out a weighty tome from his saddlebags, "Let's see: abandonment, breach of promise, reckless endangerment ... why the list of charges is almost endless. Ladies .... we have a winner." "Errm, about that green moon?"

"Oh, that's just recluse, he gets real antsy unless he's in his belfry, and hoisting him up into that tree was the closest we could get to a belfry out here." replied Kindlish. "And yes, that's his kitten with him."

(To Be Continued)

(Will Lawyer Tom commit habeus corpus with the lovely ladies?)
(Will Seasonings stop shaking and lose his allure for wildlife?)
(Will those dang Rangers EVER arrive?)
(And don't forget - Alex and the jimjams!)
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 09:10 PM   #1046
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
bwahahahahaha!!!!!! and mink oil IS nasty! green moons and battle saddles!!!!! who'da thunk it!?
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 09:23 PM   #1047
recluse
Banned

So Poultry Seasoning bolts before I can hit him with a horse AND you've got me licking mink oiled leather?!

You got to the count of 5 to run.....
Old 07-08-2010, 09:39 PM   #1048
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Habeus corpus with the ladies! Sweet!
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 09:56 PM   #1049
Vintage Season
Pulps and dime novels...
Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura/Kobo Aura One LE/iPad Air
Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
"We made camp to rest the horses, and all five of those bi....s, errr, ladies skinned off their leathers and began to oil them up with mink oil.
"Then they started to look at me, kind of how an owl eyes up a mouse. Licking their lips and winking at me.
Good thing this is fiction! I'm almost afraid to let my wife read the thread anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
"Hmmm," pondered Tom as he pulled out a weighty tome from his saddlebags, "Let's see: abandonment, breach of promise, reckless endangerment ... why the list of charges is almost endless. Ladies .... we have a winner."
I can't say I'm crazy about those charges Tom is contemplating, but I do like the sound of ".... we have a winner." Does that mean Seasonings can keep the iPad if he locates Alex in time for a rescue?

- M.
Vintage Season is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 10:09 PM   #1050
recluse
Banned

No, but they will let you see it before they hang you.
It's not so bad.
They'll hang Tom, too. He's a lawyer.

Code of the West.