Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 06-26-2010, 02:16 PM   #1
JaneFancher
Zealot
JaneFancher has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.JaneFancher has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.JaneFancher has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.JaneFancher has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.JaneFancher has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle2
Disappearing txt files?!?

I've got a weird one. I've been using Sigil happily for several months now. I've got a new file I'm trying to convert as I've done many others, but have suddenly encountered a very strange problem.

In order to get the files I like I go through a several step process.

1) File creation in Word Perfect.
2) Publish to html which I edit into very clean file in Namo web editor, extracting the default font codes WP puts into the html file and fixing some image formatting WP screws up. Nothing major. Just cleanup so my style sheet is nice and clean for easy adjustments to formatting.
3) Import into Calibre to produce split epub file and TOC.
4) import into Sigil to add fonts and ultimately massage for conversion to other formats.

this has worked beautifully for several projects. Suddenly, a sparkling clean Calibre epub file imported into Sigil, and just saved down with no changes is giving me an epub file with only the first and last of the txt files!?! (Out of 50---all sections and chapters get their own file...big book.)

Reopening the file in Sigil, I can access only the first txt file (the cover) and the last. The others are just...gone.

I open the Sigil-saved epub file in Calibre, and it seems to open fine in Calibre, but when I click on a chapter in the TOC...it opens the file in firefox!

This is approaching the too weird for words.

I've imported other epub files I've created the same way into Sigil and saved down with no problem just to see if it was something in the installation or a default that had been tweaked, but...nothing.

Does anyone have any idea what could be going on?

As always, many thanks in advance.
JaneFancher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 02:24 PM   #2
Valloric
Created Sigil, FlightCrew
Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Create a new issue on the tracker, attach the epub file.
Valloric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 02:55 PM   #3
JaneFancher
Zealot
JaneFancher has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.JaneFancher has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.JaneFancher has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.JaneFancher has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.JaneFancher has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle2
Thanks, Valoric.

Update to total out the weirdness:

I had WP create a new html file, cut and pasted the complete body of the old file into the new file. To all appearances, the files are the same...but now, no disappearing files!

I think I have both epub files in question. I'll send them both to you, just for giggles.
JaneFancher is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lost txt files, save problems, weirdness