Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 06-23-2010, 01:32 PM   #1
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
FOR FUN THREAD: What Collection Titles are you using for your Kindle?

Tired of the bickering and immaturity that goes on in some of the other Threads? If so, then let's share our collection names. (If you aren't tired of the bickering, then please leave this Thread alone. )

I have:
  1. Non-Fiction
  2. Fantasy
  3. Science Fiction
  4. Mystery
  5. Works Of Collections [Note: These are MobileReference Collections, of which I've bought 5. They're great bargains.]
  6. Horror
  7. Fiction

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 02:19 PM   #2
JaneD
Addict
JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2013
Mine are short and sweet:
Unread
Fiction
Non-fiction
Science Fiction
Work
Reference

And that's it. I add new titles to both Unread and their ultimate destination (ex. Fiction) and then when I've read them I just delete from the Unread collection and they're still in the Fiction section. (Unless I hated it and want to delete from both.)
JaneD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 02:41 PM   #3
darthjoey
Enthusiast
darthjoey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.darthjoey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.darthjoey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.darthjoey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle 2 - International
My crazy, creative collection titles:

In Media Res - Books that I'm somewhere in the middle of and am actively trying to finish.
The Opium of the People - Religious books ranging from Left Behind to The God Delusion to the Koran
Stranger than Fiction - Nonfiction
A Wizard Did It - Fantasy
POKEMON! Gotta Catch 'Em All - Pokemon Manga
A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away - Star Wars
Touch-a, Touch-a, Touch Me - My Dead Tree Books
To Infinity and Beyond! - Sci-Fi
All You Need is Love - Romance books
Ye Olde Classics - PD and should be PD stuff like To Kill a Mockingbird, 1984, Night, etc.
Colonel Mustard in the Study with the Candlestick! - Mysteries

And my uncreative titles:
Samples
Shorts
Night Audiobook
Books I've Read
Kindle Help
Freebies
Sheet Music

I'd really love to rename some of my collection names, like for Fantasy and Nonfiction, as well as all the uncreative ones I've got.
darthjoey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 02:47 PM   #4
Sydney's Mom
Wizard
Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Fire 3d Gen and 5th Gen and Samsung Tab S
Nothing exciting

Currently Reading
Contemporary Romance
Anthologies
Mystery and Thrillers
Paranormal Romance
Historical Romance
Baseball
Nonfiction
Self-Help
Classics
Fiction
Sydney's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 03:51 PM   #5
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Right now I have...

Science Fiction
Fantasy
Historical Fiction
Classics
Mystery/Thriller/Suspense
Urban Fantasy/Paranormal
Nonfiction
General Fiction
To Be Read

...and then for authors where I have lots of books I gave them their own category. So for example instead of David Weber being under SciFi and adding two or three extra pages to that category his books are all under their own category.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 03:58 PM   #6
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
Investment
Fantasy
Science Fiction
Fiction
Reference & Manuals
Self Improvement
Psychology
Religion & Myths

@JaineD "Unread"
@Sydney's Mom "Currently Reading"
Great categories, thx

=X=
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 05:06 PM   #7
NogDog
Noggin (1998-2011)
NogDog began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
So far I've limited myself to a handful or so, and I've prepended each with a "." so that the categories sort to the top if I sort my home page by title:
  • .sic-fi
  • .fantasy
  • .other fiction
  • .nonfiction
  • .samples
I'm still trying to decide if I want/need "read" and/or "unread" categories.
NogDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 05:40 PM   #8
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaneD View Post
Mine are short and sweet:
Unread
Fiction
Non-fiction
Science Fiction
Work
Reference

And that's it. I add new titles to both Unread and their ultimate destination (ex. Fiction) and then when I've read them I just delete from the Unread collection and they're still in the Fiction section. (Unless I hated it and want to delete from both.)

Although I personally like the idea of "Unread," if I did that then every one of my titles [books] would be under one category! --- sort of like it was before 2.5.2 came out.

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 05:42 PM   #9
whitearrow
Guru
whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2
Fantasy
Urban Fantasy
SciFi
Mystery/Thriller/Spy
Historical Fiction
Classics
Alternate History
Nonfiction
Personal Docs
Unread
Samples & Catalogs

I'm using the collections sort as a default, so I leave the book I'm currently reading un-collectioned so its always easily accessible.
whitearrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 05:56 PM   #10
Sydney's Mom
Wizard
Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I am usually reading several books, so I found categorizing them in a current reading spot as well as their genre categories, works well. I guess some have all their books on their kindles. I only add the top 10 or 50 in each category. Once I read/delete from my kindle, and mark read in Calibre, I just search for another.
Old 06-23-2010, 06:25 PM   #11
TallMomof2
Kindlephilia
TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count
History & Biography
Computers & Technology
Romance
Science Fiction
Fantasy
Alternative History
Writing
Needlecraft
Fiction (for the fiction that doesn't fit into the other categories)

Plus I have around a dozen series under their own collection heading.
TallMomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 10:20 PM   #12
NavyDad6
Reading is FUNdamental
NavyDad6 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.NavyDad6 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.NavyDad6 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.NavyDad6 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.NavyDad6 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.NavyDad6 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.NavyDad6 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.NavyDad6 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.NavyDad6 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.NavyDad6 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.NavyDad6 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kindle 2
Mine are similar to previous posts:

Classics
Sci-Fi
Contemporary Fiction
Fantasy
Monsters
History
Military/Political
Religious Fiction
Reference

These have all my unread books in them. The books that have been read are in Archived Items or on the computer.
NavyDad6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 12:17 PM   #13
Balerion
Connoisseur
Balerion began at the beginning.

Device: K2i K3w
I have 3 pages of collections...

* one for each author that I have more than one book for (the one hit wonders go in a "general" collection)... and even then, the books inside them are sometimes prefixed if there are different series done by the same author (SS 01 Ice Station, SS 02 Area 7, JW 01 Seven Ancient Wonders, JW 02 Six Sacred Stones... for books by Matthew Reilly... to discern between his Shane "Scarecrow" Schofield novels, and the Jack West Jr novels and so on)

my other collections include...

. Transport Timetables .
. General .
. z Unsorted . (the "z" so that when in alphabetical order (thanks to the ".") any folders like Unsorted are always at the end)

Notice the [period](space)collection name(space)[period] format?
I've done that so that I can have them in alphabetical order and at the front in sort by title view, and the extra at the end is so that the titles look neater when the collection is open... started a thread on these sorts of ideas here https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=88077
Balerion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 12:56 PM   #14
Pickering
Connoisseur
Pickering is faster than slow light.Pickering is faster than slow light.Pickering is faster than slow light.Pickering is faster than slow light.Pickering is faster than slow light.Pickering is faster than slow light.Pickering is faster than slow light.Pickering is faster than slow light.Pickering is faster than slow light.Pickering is faster than slow light.Pickering is faster than slow light.

Device: Kindle 2, Kindle 3
I like having a "read" folder so I can keep track of the number of books I've completed on my Kindle.
Pickering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 06:56 PM   #15
Sydney's Mom
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pickering View Post
I like having a "read" folder so I can keep track of the number of books I've completed on my Kindle.
Calibre lets you tag the books read, and search by tags, including ratings. I love it! I have 1400 books on Calibre, and about 200 on my Kindle.