Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 06-23-2010, 07:01 AM   #1
nibl
nibl began at the beginning.

Device: none
Non-GUI build for server usage?

Is it possible to use Calibre without installing QT in order to run only from the command line?

I'd like to use Calibre's conversion capabilities on a sever.

Thanks.

Last edited by nibl; 06-23-2010 at 07:03 AM.
nibl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 07:10 AM   #2
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Already exists. See the documentation for the command line interfaces at http://calibre-ebook.com/user_manual/cli/cli-index.html
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 11:09 AM   #3
nibl
nibl began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
Already exists. See the documentation for the command line interfaces
Thanks, I know there's a command line interface. I was asking whether Calibre will run without a GUI (no Qt libs) being installed, since I only want to use the CLI.

I running a Linux server. Which build should I get? I tried the i686 binary from SourceForge but it gave me some errors pointing to "/home/kovid/build/calibre/src/calibre/...", which would be on the developers machine.

Thanks.
nibl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 01:18 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
calibre will not run without Qt. If you want to run it on a headless server use Xvfb
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote