Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 06-15-2010, 01:23 AM   #31
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitch View Post
the spans create a scenario in which the spaces between words are omitted. This is a frequent occurrence--many times in each paragraph--so I cannot output the final file like this.
I've run into this scenario quite a few times and using Sigil's find and replace to replace each <span> with a space as worked for me. I know in your case it may not be this simple but I love the fact that Sigil knows to get rid of all closing tags for me.
DoctorOhh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 03:30 AM   #32
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2, iPad, KindleFire and NookColor
Quote:
I've run into this scenario quite a few times and using Sigil's find and replace to replace each <span> with a space as worked for me. I know in your case it may not be this simple but I love the fact that Sigil knows to get rid of all closing tags for me.
Hi, Walt: I've not been able to get that to work for me so far, but I have a new book in that I'm going to work on tonight, using the BD-to-Sigil method, so we'll see how that goes. Thanks!

Hitch
Hitch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 09:00 PM   #33
capidamonte
Not who you think I am...
capidamonte , Klaatu Barada Niktu!capidamonte , Klaatu Barada Niktu!capidamonte , Klaatu Barada Niktu!capidamonte , Klaatu Barada Niktu!capidamonte , Klaatu Barada Niktu!capidamonte , Klaatu Barada Niktu!capidamonte , Klaatu Barada Niktu!capidamonte , Klaatu Barada Niktu!capidamonte , Klaatu Barada Niktu!capidamonte , Klaatu Barada Niktu!capidamonte , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Sony PRS-350
@Hitch:

I use Notetab. It's awesome.

If you migrate to it, I'd be glad to share my clips. The Lite version is free and is very close to the Pro version in terms of capability.

PM me if you want to discuss it. Or if you'd be willing to discuss how you got these gigs -- I'd love to do something similar.

cap
capidamonte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 07:17 AM   #34
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2, iPad, KindleFire and NookColor
PM'ed.

cap: did you get that PM from me? I haven't sent one on this particular forum before, and it's not in my "sent" messages in the user CP, so...dang, it was lengthy, too! Please let me know if you received. - Hitch

Last edited by Hitch; 06-16-2010 at 06:16 PM. Reason: Trying to see if my PM went where it was supposed to...
Hitch is online now   Reply With Quote