|06-01-2010, 12:39 PM||#1|
Join Date: Jun 2010
Fix for kobo not syncing
I just spent a whole day frustrated with a Kobo which contained the preinstalled books, but any time I tried to sync it (with the Kobo Desktop Application or ADE, Windows or Mac), it would say it would sync, but any new books would never show up.
After calling customer service, they were essentially useless, told me to factory reset, and that they would get back to me in a few days.
Anyways, I found the thread for Koboko and working with the database, and found the database file (KoboReader.sqlite) was corrupt.
The solution to this is:
1. This involves altering files on the Kobo which may screw your Kobo up, USE AT YOUR OWN RISK!
2. This deleted all of the preinstalled books, so beware. If anyone knows an easy way of getting those back, please let me know.
1. Open the mounted Kobo drive, and open the .kobo folder
2. Try opening the KoboReader.sqlite file with a sqlite editor (I used SQLite Expert) (File is hidden, so make sure you have "Show hidden files and folders" on)
3. If it says the file was corrupt, then continue. If not, then this guide is not for you
4. In the kobo drive, change the filename of KoboReader.sqlite to something different (I used "KoboReader.sqlite.old").
5. Eject the Kobo, and do a factory reset through the settings. This will make a new KoboReader.sqlite database file that will work fine
6. Try syncing now, it should work!!
Hopefully this will save at least one person some frustration, if anyone knows of a better/easier way of doing this, feel free to say so.
|06-01-2010, 03:29 PM||#2|
Join Date: Dec 2009
This is slightly off topic, but am I the only one having problems with Abode. I can`t get it to tranfur anything over to the Kobo. Sometomes I can`t even get it to stay open for a few moments.
|corrupt, database, kobo, sqlite, sync|
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Kobo Keeps Syncing Closed Books Back to Open||dashto||Kobo Reader||13||11-02-2011 04:18 PM|
|Bluetooth syncing with Kobo and desktop||4Foot||Kobo Reader||7||02-07-2011 10:37 PM|
|Kobo eReader syncing problems||triffids||Kobo Reader||7||08-15-2010 11:26 AM|
|Help me fix my mom's Kobo please!||ficbot||Kobo Reader||11||06-24-2010 05:02 PM|
|Kobo reader cannot parse html file names with space/apostrophes. Can calibre fix this||Bismar||Calibre||1||05-20-2010 01:12 PM|