Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 05-28-2010, 08:47 PM   #1
sherman
Guru
sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Forma
Possible to have default view as code view?

Hi, I've started using Sigil a bit and I'm liking it quite a bit.

However, as you have already said on a number of occasions, QtWebKit is SLOW. Now book view usually isn't too much of a problem in most cases. However when editing/creating a book with very LONG chapters (although still well under 300K), opening each chapter to work on them is painful.

Therefore, I ask is it possible to add an option to open a xhtml flow in code view by default?

Cheers, Sherman
sherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 10:05 PM   #2
Valloric
Created Sigil, FlightCrew
Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by sherman View Post
Therefore, I ask is it possible to add an option to open a xhtml flow in code view by default?
It's an often requested feature. It will come with the options screen, for which I've yet to find the time.
Valloric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 10:30 PM   #3
sherman
Guru
sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Forma
Thanks.

BTW, how on earth do the developers of QtWebKit manage to stuff up a perfectly good web renderer/backend (WebKit) so badly?

Last edited by sherman; 05-28-2010 at 10:33 PM.
sherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 06:37 AM   #4
Valloric
Created Sigil, FlightCrew
Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by sherman View Post
BTW, how on earth do the developers of QtWebKit manage to stuff up a perfectly good web renderer/backend (WebKit) so badly?
I ask myself that every day. Still haven't found the answer.
Valloric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 12:19 AM   #5
tonyx3
Connoisseur
tonyx3 began at the beginning.

Device: Nexus One
As a temporary workaround, if you open Sigil first, then switch to code view in the blank document, then open your epub, it goes straight to code view on that book.

Still takes what seems like a long time. It took me almost a minute to open a 1.1MB epub in code view just now to test this.

Is it still trying to
tonyx3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 01:47 AM   #6
rcgordon
rcgordon began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyx3 View Post
As a temporary workaround, if you open Sigil first, then switch to code view in the blank document, then open your epub, it goes straight to code view on that book.
It's not working for me (running Sigil 0.2 on OS X 10.5.8). And what makes it so frustrating, is that as soon as a text element in my epub is rendered in Book View, it gets rewritten and sometimes irrerovcably altered. For instance, I had added a large number of soft hyphens (­) into a document, and they were all removed from the document.

Fortunately, I was able to find the previous scratch copy in a folder path within ~/.Sigil/scratchpad/.

Last edited by rcgordon; 06-15-2010 at 01:55 AM. Reason: Bad formatting of entity
rcgordon is offline   Reply With Quote