Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 05-18-2010, 12:34 PM   #1
DonnaFaz
Connoisseur
DonnaFaz calls his or her ebook reader Vera.DonnaFaz calls his or her ebook reader Vera.DonnaFaz calls his or her ebook reader Vera.DonnaFaz calls his or her ebook reader Vera.DonnaFaz calls his or her ebook reader Vera.DonnaFaz calls his or her ebook reader Vera.DonnaFaz calls his or her ebook reader Vera.DonnaFaz calls his or her ebook reader Vera.DonnaFaz calls his or her ebook reader Vera.DonnaFaz calls his or her ebook reader Vera.DonnaFaz calls his or her ebook reader Vera.

Device: Kindle
Thumbs up Romance, Women's Fiction Fans?

The Merry-Go-Round is a fun, light beach read that's a deal at $1.99. The book is available in the Amazon Kindle Store http://www.amazon.com/dp/B002ZNJL78 and at Smashwords http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/9466. Just found out it's available through B&N and Borders, too.

About the book:
When Lauren goes to court it's usually to defend a client, but now she's divorcing the man whose mistakes have cost her far too much. Little does she know that she'll be awarded a rundown merry-go-round. Maybe restoring the circus menagerie will bring her some normalcy. Or will it spin her in circles and teach her a few lessons before bringing her back to where she started? One thing is certain; Lauren will discover that, when she's willing to open her heart to love and forgiveness, life never fails to offer a wild ride.

I hope you'll check it out. (I love those smilies!)

Edited July 20th: Received a 4+ star review (highly recommended!!) from Red Adept. www.RedAdeptReviews.com

Last edited by DonnaFaz; 07-20-2010 at 07:41 PM. Reason: Review Update
DonnaFaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 02:34 PM   #2
ImogenRose
PORTAL
ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, Kindle 3 (3G), iPhone
Sounds fun!!
ImogenRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 10:15 AM   #3
yankgirl
Connoisseur
yankgirl is on a distinguished road

Device: iPhone, iPad 2, PPP(purple pocket pro) Nook Tablet, K4 & Kindle Fire!
Thanks!!
yankgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 06:58 PM   #4
DonnaFaz
Connoisseur
DonnaFaz calls his or her ebook reader Vera.DonnaFaz calls his or her ebook reader Vera.DonnaFaz calls his or her ebook reader Vera.DonnaFaz calls his or her ebook reader Vera.DonnaFaz calls his or her ebook reader Vera.DonnaFaz calls his or her ebook reader Vera.DonnaFaz calls his or her ebook reader Vera.DonnaFaz calls his or her ebook reader Vera.DonnaFaz calls his or her ebook reader Vera.DonnaFaz calls his or her ebook reader Vera.DonnaFaz calls his or her ebook reader Vera.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImogenRose View Post
Sounds fun!!
It IS fun, Imogen, even if I do say so myself. LOL (Is it rude to say so myself? )
Old 05-19-2010, 07:01 PM   #5
DonnaFaz
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankgirl View Post
Thanks!!
No, no...thank YOU, yankgirl!

Can someone tell me what the 'Karma' # is on everyone's posts? I want more Karma! If it's GOOD Karma, that is.
Old 05-19-2010, 07:39 PM   #6
Worldwalker
Curmudgeon
Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505
Karma is ... sort of a form reputation currency. If you think someone posted something particularly informative or useful or just plain awesome, you can click on the "karma" button over on the bottom left of their post to grant them some karma.

A question of my own, at least partly serious: What is "women's fiction"? Can men read it? Can women read other fiction? Is there something about it that makes it gender-specific? Am I reading the wrong things? And what do the people read whose bodies or minds don't fit into either role? Give me a good explanation and I'll demonstrate the whole karma thing.
Worldwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 06:58 AM   #7
DonnaFaz
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Worldwalker View Post
Karma is ... sort of a form reputation currency. If you think someone posted something particularly informative or useful or just plain awesome, you can click on the "karma" button over on the bottom left of their post to grant them some karma.

A question of my own, at least partly serious: What is "women's fiction"? Can men read it? Can women read other fiction? Is there something about it that makes it gender-specific? Am I reading the wrong things? And what do the people read whose bodies or minds don't fit into either role? Give me a good explanation and I'll demonstrate the whole karma thing.
Worldwalker (love the name, by the way!), 'women's fiction' is merely a label. It offers the reader one more hint about what they're about to read...other hints include the cover art, title, black cover blurb, area the vendor has chosen to house the book, etc. Anyone can read women's fiction...well, there is a bit of sex in The Merry-Go-Round so the reader of my particular book should be 16 or above (hey, I'm a mom...had to put that in). If readers like books with strong female protagonists, then they'll enjoy women's fiction...men included. There IS men's fiction out there...Amazon classifies it a 'men's adventure fiction' and I enjoy reading it (and I don't have dangly bits on my body...well, at least not from the waist down ). Does this answer all your questions?

~Donna~
Old 05-20-2010, 12:16 PM   #8
Worldwalker
Curmudgeon
Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Well, I'm still a little unclear on what makes women's fiction different from men's fiction. What would a non-SF version (perhaps based on a wet navy) of David Weber's "Honor Harrington" novels be? You've got a female protagonist, but she commands a space battleship (or whole fleets of them) and kicks ass. As a descriptive label, it seems more confusing (at least to me) than descriptive. It makes me think "Ya-Ya Sisterhood", not anything involving a merry-go-round. I'm confused.
Old 05-20-2010, 01:18 PM   #9
ImogenRose
PORTAL
ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, Kindle 3 (3G), iPhone
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnaFaz View Post
It IS fun, Imogen, even if I do say so myself. LOL (Is it rude to say so myself? )
No it's not, especially since it IS fun! Bought it and had a sneak peak, will get to the rest after I finish Alison Wonderland and The Hunted.
ImogenRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 01:52 PM   #10
DonnaFaz
Connoisseur

I haven't read Weber's work, but after a bit of research I would conclude that 'kick-ass' Honor would be labeled a SF action-adventure.

Women's fiction is less plot oriented and more character driven. The protagonist has personal problems at the beginning of the story and the main plot threads revolve around the solving of these personal issues. My protagonist is facing divorce, dating, money/work issues and father-daughter problems.

On the other hand, Honor's first goal is to save the Star Kingdom of Manticore. If she faces any emotional issues, they're secondary.

The merry-go-round in my book is a physical contraption, yes, but it also has metaphorical meaning.

Any clearer?

~Donna~
Old 05-20-2010, 02:56 PM   #11
Worldwalker
Curmudgeon

Ah. Personal problems. I've got enough of my own; I prefer the kicking of ass. Taking of names optional.
Old 05-20-2010, 04:44 PM   #12
DonnaFaz
Connoisseur

In my personal life, I never take names when I kick ass. LOL

Thanks for chatting, Worldwalker!

~Donna~
Old 05-26-2010, 12:23 PM   #13
DonnaFaz
Connoisseur

Here's a review of The Merry-Go-Round (5 out or 5 stars!) that is currently posted on Amazon:

"The Merry-Go-Round is a book that I'd be pleased to recommend to friends. Laura's story is well-written with character's that I believe that most readers could relate to, especially her Dad. I loved his character. A great fun book for the romance fans."
Old 05-28-2010, 03:16 PM   #14
rgeorg
Guru
rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3/3G(2x), Glo HD, Amazon Voyage
I tried Inkmesh and it was VERY helpful and easy to use!
rgeorg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 09:27 PM   #15
DonnaFaz
Connoisseur

Thank you, Inkmesh Team!

~Donna~

Tags
beach read, comtemporary romance, romance, women's fiction