Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 05-08-2010, 12:59 AM   #46
tech_au
Oz Bookworm
tech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura about

Device: Sony PRS 505,PRS 650
I have already said in an earlier post in this thread that I have become much more selective with freebies now.
The first filter seems to be if its not from a major publisher then skip it. The trouble with this filter is you could miss some excellent self-published titles such as my favorite one His Robot Girlfriend by fellow mobilereader HistoryWes.
But as I have some many ebooks in my queue now I guess its a risk I'll have to take
tech_au is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 01:31 PM   #47
carbonize
Connoisseur
carbonize does all things with Zen-like beautycarbonize does all things with Zen-like beautycarbonize does all things with Zen-like beautycarbonize does all things with Zen-like beautycarbonize does all things with Zen-like beautycarbonize does all things with Zen-like beautycarbonize does all things with Zen-like beautycarbonize does all things with Zen-like beautycarbonize does all things with Zen-like beautycarbonize does all things with Zen-like beautycarbonize does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Sony PRS-600
I'm still in the stage of downloading all free books that sound interesting but I feel that's starting to come to an end. I just started to read a book called Don't Mess With Earth that was really badly written. Trouble is I have also read some brilliant free ebooks. I think if the book doesn't grab you in the first ten pages then it's not going to.
carbonize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 07:00 PM   #48
Mickey330
Addict
Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW & Kindle app (iPad 3 & iPhone 5)
I treat the free books like library books. I'll download them if they sound interesting. If they don't hook or grab me within the first chapter or so - it's deleted.

I've got a lot of room on my DR800, so this works fine (just got a big TBR list).

The good thing about the free ones is sometimes you DO find a gem ... and go back for more from the author. I'd hate to miss out on a good story just because I had "too many" free books.

That almost hurt to write: How can you have "too many" books?!

Happy reading!

Marilyn
Mickey330 is offline   Reply With Quote