Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Old 04-05-2010, 09:41 AM   #1
Joseph Rhea
Author of Cyberdrome
Joseph Rhea writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Joseph Rhea writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Joseph Rhea writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Joseph Rhea writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Joseph Rhea writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Joseph Rhea writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Joseph Rhea writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Joseph Rhea writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Joseph Rhea writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Joseph Rhea writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Joseph Rhea writes the songs that make the whole world sing.

Device: Kindle
Cyberdrome: a brief introduction to the award-wining SF thriller

Cyberdrome: The award-wining Science Fiction Thriller by Joseph Rhea and David Rhea

Alek Grey specializes in preventing break-ins to secure computer systems. When a company calls him in after their system is compromised, he is shocked to learn that his own father is one of over forty people trapped in neural-interface with a revolutionary new form of artificial reality called Cyberdrome.

When an attempted rescue mission goes horribly wrong, trapping his ex-girlfriend along with the others, he learns that these events may have been triggered by the emergence of a smarter-than-human intelligence inside Cyberdrome, possibly giving rise to the long-feared, "Technological Singularity." Faced with overwhelming obstacles and quickly running out of time, Alek realizes that there is only one way left to save the people he loves.

But that could mean risking the fate of all humanity!

Winner of the 2008 PODBRAM Award for "Best Science Fiction Novel of the Year" and now available in eBook format for the Amazon Kindle, B&N Nook, Sony Reader, Apple iPad, and others.

Links:
Kindle Version at Amazon: Now just $0.99 [DRM-encryption-free!]
Epub version at Smashwords: Now just $0.99 [use coupon code WV76R]
Other versions at www.Cyberdrome.org

Last edited by Joseph Rhea; 04-21-2010 at 02:10 PM.
Joseph Rhea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 03:18 PM   #2
Joseph Rhea
Author of Cyberdrome
Joseph Rhea writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Joseph Rhea writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Joseph Rhea writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Joseph Rhea writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Joseph Rhea writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Joseph Rhea writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Joseph Rhea writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Joseph Rhea writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Joseph Rhea writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Joseph Rhea writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Joseph Rhea writes the songs that make the whole world sing.

Update: I think I might need to rename my SF novel to:

"Cyberdrome: Finding love and cheating death in the virtual world..."

because even though I have now sold over 1,300 copies since December, I have admittedly been promoting primarily to the male demographic, while, in fact, more women seem to be buying my book. Why do I think this? In addition to the primarily-female readers who have emailed me and responded to posts this month, if you look at the heading "What Do Customers Ultimately Buy After Viewing This Item?" on my Amazon Kindle page, you will find the following Romance books:

12% bought A Passion Most Pure (Daughters of Boston, Book 1)
12% bought A Rush of Wings (A Rush of Wings Series #1)
9% bought Male Call - Hot Zone Book 1

So, then I realized that in addition to fully-conceptualized extrapolations of artificial intelligence and virtual reality (plus some epic robot battles), Cyberdrome also deals with love-triangles, lost love, found love, estranged relationships, near-death experiences, out-of-wedlock pregnancies, and cat-like women who are also contortionists. (I think that last one might be more for the guys!)

Anyway, consider Cyberdrome if you want something just a little different from your parent's scifi (and 1,300 people can't all be wrong, right?)

Last edited by Joseph Rhea; 04-12-2010 at 05:07 PM.
Old 04-16-2010, 11:12 AM   #3
Joseph Rhea
Author of Cyberdrome

Just a note to redirect everyone to the sale I'm currently running for my novel, Cyberdrome. See http://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=80236 for the info.

Links:

Last edited by Joseph Rhea; 04-21-2010 at 02:11 PM.
Old 04-16-2010, 04:40 PM   #4
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Welcome, Joseph. I purchased your book last night and have it on my summer reading list.

Is there a reason that you only made the ePub version available at smashwords? One of the great things about smashwords and Fictionwise multiformat (especially for those of us with more than one device) is that more than one format is available when purchased.

I have friends who will buy through smashwords because they have both the Sony and a Kindle or a Sony and a PDA (mobi). I have s Sony Reader and although the ePub is great, I really like how the lrf version looks on my Sony.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 12:14 PM   #5
Joseph Rhea
Author of Cyberdrome

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreams View Post
Welcome, Joseph. I purchased your book last night and have it on my summer reading list.

Is there a reason that you only made the ePub version available at smashwords? One of the great things about smashwords and Fictionwise multiformat (especially for those of us with more than one device) is that more than one format is available when purchased.

I have friends who will buy through smashwords because they have both the Sony and a Kindle or a Sony and a PDA (mobi). I have s Sony Reader and although the ePub is great, I really like how the lrf version looks on my Sony.
Thanks for posting, Dreams.

To asnwer your question, I made the Epub format the only one available through Smashwords simply because at the time, it was the only 'universal" format that allowed an embedded image gallery. I realize that most readers don't care about having a digital book look exactly like the paperback version, but it was important to me. Also, for your friends who have both Sony and Kindle readers, the Kindle version of Cyberdrome from Amazon is completely DRM-free, so you could convert it for the Sony if you wanted. Also, I think the Epub version could be converted to mobi format as well. In either case, without using a converter, even if I offered lrf and mobi versions on Smashwords, they would still have to purchase a copy of each format, right? Or, do you in fact get to download multiple formats for each purchase?

If I'm misinformed about this, maybe you can educate me on the subject. I'm fairly new to Smashwords and I want to make Cyberdrome as user-friendly as possible...

Last edited by Joseph Rhea; 04-19-2010 at 12:16 PM.
Old 04-19-2010, 05:03 PM   #6
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Thanks for your reply. One of the great things about smashwords is that you only have to buy the book once and can download all the formats (same as the multiformat at fictionwise).

So, people with more than one device can read on whichever device they want or even have it on more than one device and read the book on whatever device they have with them at the time.

For example, (I don't do format conversions) I chose to read lrf on my Sony and mobi (Kindle) on my PDA. If I read it on my laptop, I usually read the ePub. Just a matter of personal preference and why I like fictionwise multiformat and smashwords.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 04:34 PM   #7
Joseph Rhea
Author of Cyberdrome

Thanks for educating me, Dreams!
I didn't see this information anywhere on Smashword's website.

I will look into making other formats available right away, and I also mentioned you in my main book promotion thread (see link below). Hope you don't mind.

http://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=80236

Links:

Last edited by Joseph Rhea; 04-21-2010 at 02:11 PM.

Tags
ipad, kindle, nook, science fiction, thriller