Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Other formats > LRF

Notices

Old 02-24-2008, 02:41 PM   #16
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Will be fixed in the next release.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 05:48 PM   #17
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
html2mobi will not properly explode 408.prc. My guess it's highly compressed.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 05:52 PM   #18
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The svn version of mobi2oeb in libprs500 works on it just fine.
Old 02-24-2008, 05:59 PM   #19
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Look forward to the next version.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 10:40 AM   #20
sindget41
Fanfic Idiot
sindget41 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS 500, PRS 505, PRS 300, iTouch
Thanks Kovid!!!

Between this program, and BD, my Sony Reader will handle almost all my needs!!

(Well, full size PDF's, and lack of index-jumps for reference materials -- but hey, can't have everything!)
sindget41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 02:30 PM   #21
timepasser
timepasser began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-5000
Hello,

Maybe I am doing something wrong, but the LRF ebook resulting from the conversion of the mobi book doesn't have most (if not all) of the images in the original mobipocket ebook.

I am using calibre to do the conversion and then sony's connect to transfer the ebook to my prs 500. Am I doing something wrong or are the images not supported yet?

P.S. I used a free ebook by mobipocket website.
http://www.mobipocket.com/freebooks/....aspx?id=17966

Best Regards

timepasser
timepasser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 03:14 PM   #22
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

images are most definitely supported, there's probably something weird about that file, i'll take a look it.
Old 05-19-2008, 03:22 PM   #23
timepasser
timepasser began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-5000
Thank you for your quick reply.

I tried some stuff since my first post. If I use mobi2html and then html2lrf, the resulting lrf does contain the images.
timepasser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 03:36 PM   #24
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

yeah there's a bug in the image extraction code of mobi2oeb, it's already been fixed. The fix will be in the next release of calibre.
Old 06-20-2008, 11:13 AM   #25
jerryleejr
Koby-rific!
jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Sage,Kobo Aura One, Glo HD,PRS-T1,PRS-950, PRS 300, PRS 350
Kovid,
Quick question for mobi conversions. I have converted .prc files just fine from mobipocket now will secure mobipocket convert as easily? Or can I expect to encounter a DRM stripping requirement? I know for the 505 .lit files are the preferred format for conversion but not all the books I am looking at are in MS Reader format.
jerryleejr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 11:54 AM   #26
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerryleejr View Post
will secure mobipocket convert as easily?
Use mobidedrm, see DarkReverser's WebLog (look at its most recent comments).
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 12:01 PM   #27
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

you have to strip DRM from secure mobi, calibre wont do it for you
Old 02-14-2010, 11:22 AM   #28
ctrscencio
ctrscencio began at the beginning.

Device: nexus one
How do I install it on my nexus one? My files are .prc and i cant read them.
ctrscencio is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
libprs500, mobi2lrf