|02-04-2010, 06:08 AM||#16|
Join Date: Sep 2009
From the release notes for ADE 1.7.2, which has just been released:
Here I am, dragging this thread back from the dead
|02-04-2010, 06:39 AM||#17|
Join Date: Oct 2008
Device: PocketBook 360°, BeBook (Hanlin V3), iRex DR1000S, iPad
They also use the more appropriate term "Digital Restrictions Management" rather than Digital Rights Management, as this provides a much more accurate result of current DRM schemes.
|02-04-2010, 03:23 PM||#18|
Join Date: Jan 2010
Device: Sony 600
Your Fair Right - assert it or lose it!
Fugazied (post 11)
I don’t think the real purpose of DRM protection is to circumscribe the activities of (1%) people who file-share.
Its more than likely that the monopoly content hoarders have designed their DRM systems specifically to deny the other 99% their fair use rights (as the other 1% continue to enjoy unscathed).
After all, forcing a proportion of 99% of people to purchase multiple copies of protected files (or their relatives/friends to do so) is exponentially more profitable to them than any amount revenue allegedly ‘lost’ to file-sharing.
By definition, if you pay the same price (or higher) for a digital edition as you do for a hardback/paperback copy (Macmillan, are you listening), then you have purchased the same First Sale rights on the former as already exist for the latter (irrespective of what any EULA/licence nonsense they may try to impose).
Once purchased, simply strip the DRM and sell or give away (share) as your inclination takes you (assert your fair use rights) — just as you have the right to do with your physical edition purchases.
Isn't life simple when you don’t have to worry?
|dark, decryption, drm, fictionwise, provider|
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|First Time Ever In Ebook Format! WHILE I DISAPPEAR By Edward Wright||UntreedReads||Author Self-Promotions||8||10-14-2010 05:47 PM|
|Kobo Books Disappear||Themus||Kobo Reader||6||10-09-2010 09:19 AM|
|Which ebook stores won't allow DRM-free books?||djgreedo||General Discussions||13||08-31-2010 08:09 AM|
|eBook, eMagazine provided by different provider||kentchan||General Discussions||2||08-19-2010 01:13 AM|
|Who gets paid for a book in a drm format?||Darqref||News||0||07-21-2008 02:52 AM|