Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 01-19-2010, 12:34 PM   #31
Daithi
Publishers are evil!
Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robotech_Master View Post
Dalthi, I explained why in the message two posts above yours.

I'm not happy about it either, but it wasn't my decision.
You start out saying, "I did not ask my editor to do this, and in fact I really wish he hadn't." Then you say your editor removed the articles, "not out of any fear of legal repercussions". Then you said that nothing you wrote "would have been legally actionable". Then you said, "but just because I was worried about it."

I'm a bit confused.
Daithi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 01:08 PM   #32
Robotech_Master
Fanatic
Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I didn't ask him to remove it. Originally, we had not planned to. As I said, none of us felt anything I had written was legally actionable, or that Seybold would actually take such action.

Then later that evening, I was slightly worried by one of the comments someone posted, and asked whether removing the comment would affect our protection under the DMCA's "safe harbor" provision. At that point, Paul Biba exercised his editor's privilege to remove all the posts entirely so I wouldn't have to worry about such things anymore.

As I said, I did not ask him to, and I really wish he hadn't. But what's done is done and I'll take what consolation I can in the fact that it also removes one of the best and most-detailed plugs for the Africa that could be found on-line up to that point.
Robotech_Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 01:28 PM   #33
Daithi
Publishers are evil!
Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various Kindles
I don't like saying this, but the bottom line is that Teleread removed the posts because they are indeed afraid of legal action by Max Sebold. That's too bad.
Daithi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 01:29 PM   #34
Robotech_Master
Fanatic
Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Believe what you want to.
Robotech_Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 01:40 PM   #35
aceflor
Wizard
aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Pocketbook Inkpad 4, Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Scribe
I am under the same impression as Daihti. I also do not understand why you edited your post here containing Sebold's mail. You were not risking anything showing us his mail. This mail was threatening indeed, but with no legal basis. If you retract or change you articles everytime someone complains about your opinion, you'll soon have nothing to write about anymore.

Fact is now: if one googles Cherrypal, one still gets many links to empty pages at teleread, but no negative information at all. Many will continue ordering there, and receive nada .
aceflor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 01:44 PM   #36
netseeker
sleepless reader
netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, PB 360° & 302, nook wi-fi, Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daithi View Post
I don't like saying this, but the bottom line is that Teleread removed the posts because they are indeed afraid of legal action by Max Sebold. That's too bad.
I understand the situation of TeleRead. Paul is a lawyer and if he decides to remove the post then i guess he knows what he is doing. Such decisions are hard, though sometimes necessary.
netseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 05:18 PM   #37
Yomero
Yomero began at the beginning.

Device: none
Cherrypal scam? fraud?

If you look, you will find very interesting links about Cherrypal. It is to bad that the Teleread therad was removed, but see for yourself some examples, one of them resembles what is happening now, but it happened a year ago with a different product.

Cherrypal scam1?
Cherrypal scam2?
Cherrypal scam3?

Hope this helps to form an opinion about Cherrypal. I do believe that we have to leave some record on the internet about these issues.

Regards
Yomero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 05:33 PM   #38
Katti's Cat
Wizard
Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Sony PRS-600
Quote:
Originally Posted by atari View Post
This story is quite ominous. The tracking-number associated with my cherrypal-order belongs to a shipment that has no bearing with the one promised by Max Seybold. But see the "package insert" yourself:

Cherrypal – Online Tracking
- did anyone read the comment from the 'african watcher' (it's 5.) - he has a sense of humour.

Ah, yet another internet scam. Lucky I got stung for only a little amount (not with Cherrypal) before I wised up and started investigating. But how many are out there who wouldn't? The only way we can protect ourselves is keep posting comments on companies performance - good and bad. And keep educating those around us by telling everyone to do a search before buying anything online.

But at the end of the day I stick to the good old "if it sounds too good to be true it isn't"

And a pretty website doesn't mean much - just means that whoever ordered it paid more for the development.
Katti's Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 07:43 AM   #39
Blue Tyson
Blue Captain
Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard 3G,Huawei Ideos X3,Kobo Mini
Cherrypal might even be a bold name.

Lost your Cherry to your first con, pal.
Blue Tyson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 10:12 AM   #40
Yomero

It is incredible, this really looks like one of those religious cults with overwhelming good intentions but at the end everyone but the leaders commit suicide.

The scheme that was device, had fundings through "Brand Angels", This is unbelievable! but not the regular costumers nor the brand angels received their C110 or C114 (The C114 was an upgrade that was promised to the customers when they did not received the C110).

Cherripal scam4?
Cherrypal scam5?
Cherrypal scam6?

Fortunately wikipedia has followed the history and they have the relevant events posted there.

I guess that now it's easier to believe in than in cherrypal.
Old 01-20-2010, 01:25 PM   #41
Yomero

Another interesting link.

Cherrypal scam7?
Old 01-20-2010, 06:34 PM   #42
DawnFalcon
Banned
DawnFalcon plays well with othersDawnFalcon plays well with othersDawnFalcon plays well with othersDawnFalcon plays well with othersDawnFalcon plays well with othersDawnFalcon plays well with othersDawnFalcon plays well with othersDawnFalcon plays well with othersDawnFalcon plays well with othersDawnFalcon plays well with othersDawnFalcon plays well with others

Device: N/A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robotech_Master View Post
Believe what you want to.
Well, don't take it personally, but I have procedures too. I've nullrouted teleread and will be ignoring any threads based on it's contents in future.
DawnFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 06:42 PM   #43
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yomero View Post
Another interesting link.

Cherrypal scam7?
Wow! This has been going on since 2008!
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 11:03 PM   #44
bookratt
Wizard
bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS505 & PRS600, iPad, Pandigital Novel, iPad 2
I thought I had seen this Max Seybold's name here on the forum. Looking through the CherryPal scam links, I checked out his blog page. What a crock!!!

Love the "cherry" product names he spouts... so hokey! Green Maraschino? Bing? (wouldn't Microsoft have a problem with that name?)

http://maxseybold.blogspot.com/

Shame on Max Seybold for his alledged BIG TIME SCAM on all that believed in it all - the "Brand Angels", and all that paid their hard earned money. IMHO - I think you, Max Seybold and your company are crooks. SHAME SHAME SHAME MAX!
bookratt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 08:34 AM   #45
Riocaz
Fulfilled but not by iRex
Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Far too many
Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnFalcon View Post
Well, don't take it personally, but I have procedures too. I've nullrouted teleread and will be ignoring any threads based on it's contents in future.
I think thats is your loss, not theirs. Teleread is often insightful.
Riocaz is offline   Reply With Quote