Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > HanLin eBook

Notices

Old 01-19-2010, 04:44 PM   #1
RootlessAgrarian
Enthusiast
RootlessAgrarian is on a distinguished road

Device: HANLIN V3
Question V3, BeBook, BeBook Mini... OI?

I'm getting attached enough to my V3 with OI, starting to think of having a spare/loaner (and more memory). The lowest price I can find on equivalent device is the BeBook (even with shipping it's best), but I would like to make very very sure that it's the same device and will run Tirwal's firmware and OI as well as whatever BeBook provides.

What exactly is the Mini? Is the "BeBook One" a V3ext? Does OI run on the Mini or only on the One? All this rebranding is so confusing.
RootlessAgrarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 04:52 PM   #2
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by RootlessAgrarian View Post
I'm getting attached enough to my V3 with OI, starting to think of having a spare/loaner (and more memory). The lowest price I can find on equivalent device is the BeBook (even with shipping it's best), but I would like to make very very sure that it's the same device and will run Tirwal's firmware and OI as well as whatever BeBook provides.

What exactly is the Mini? Is the "BeBook One" a V3ext? Does OI run on the Mini or only on the One? All this rebranding is so confusing.
So far it is pretty easy. All 6" outside of China are V3's and all 5" are V5. The two models are not interchangeable but the brands are. So if you still need the answer the mini is a 5" device and will not run V3 software.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 07:32 PM   #3
AlfonsVH
Addict
AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook Neo
Quote:
Originally Posted by RootlessAgrarian View Post
Like Dale pointed out, the Mini is the V5 and the BeBook is a V3ext. Currently, OI runs on the V3 and not the V5 (runs on the BeBook One, not on the BeBook Mini).

Most (all?) of the current "custom" firmwares (Tirwal, Buggins, Tigor,...) currently run on the V3 only, although V5-version may soon follow. As far as I know, there are no concrete plans to port OpenInkpot to the V5, though.
AlfonsVH is offline   Reply With Quote