Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > ePub Books

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-22-2009, 10:17 AM   #16
radius
Lector minore
radius trips the light fantastic.radius trips the light fantastic.radius trips the light fantastic.radius trips the light fantastic.radius trips the light fantastic.radius trips the light fantastic.radius trips the light fantastic.radius trips the light fantastic.radius trips the light fantastic.radius trips the light fantastic.radius trips the light fantastic.
 
radius's Avatar
 
Posts: 355
Karma: 128734
Join Date: Jan 2008
Device: Sony PRS-T3, Amazon Kindle PaperWhite 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by cklammer View Post
PM me if you want my conversion results - I don't want to take the thread more off-topic than it already is. There actually is a thread for begging in the "E-book Uploads" parent forum, you know. ;-)
Hi cklammer, thanks for your kind offer... I believe what people are asking for, though, is Jellby's carefully proof-read text and hand-crafted HTML/CSS/epub which we wouldn't get from a straight machine conversion.
radius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 12:18 AM   #17
cklammer
Zealot
cklammer has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.cklammer has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.cklammer has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.cklammer has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.cklammer has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.
 
cklammer's Avatar
 
Posts: 105
Karma: 450
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Device: Palm Centro, Acer Aspire One
Machine converted? Yes, but ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by radius View Post
Hi cklammer, thanks for your kind offer... I believe what people are asking for, though, is Jellby's carefully proof-read text and hand-crafted HTML/CSS/epub which we wouldn't get from a straight machine conversion.
Machine converted? Yes, but from hand generated Orwell books in lrf format here from mobileread ... and until jellby gets around to doing 1984 (and thank you so very much for your "Animal Farm" version, Jellby - it is magnificent) this is the only alternative.

And Jellby said that he would have to read "1984" before doing it - so you want him to read "1984" over Christmas ... that's real hard.

"1984" Should be read in middle-to-late November or early January to coincide with the season's mood then ... just my 0.02$
cklammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 04:23 AM   #18
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.
 
Jellby's Avatar
 
Posts: 6,082
Karma: 4571547
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Spaniard in Sweden
Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by cklammer View Post
And Jellby said that he would have to read "1984" before doing it - so you want him to read "1984" over Christmas ... that's real hard.
I guess I'll have to do 1984 some day, but as I said I have the read (some years ago, though) still recent in my head, and I watched the movie even more recently... If someone gives me a proofed HTML version with curly quotes and dashes, I'd be glad to make an ePUB, however
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 11:15 AM   #19
cklammer
Zealot
cklammer has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.cklammer has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.cklammer has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.cklammer has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.cklammer has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.
 
cklammer's Avatar
 
Posts: 105
Karma: 450
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Device: Palm Centro, Acer Aspire One
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellby View Post
I guess I'll have to do 1984 some day, but as I said I have the read (some years ago, though) still recent in my head, and I watched the movie even more recently... If someone gives me a proofed HTML version with curly quotes and dashes, I'd be glad to make an ePUB, however
Hmmm ... I don't have a pbook where I am at. But why not use Shellshock's "Orwell, George: Nineteen Eighty-Four. v1.1. 24 June 2009" LRF version from LRF ebook upload subforum and explode it to HTML using LRFtools? I seem to recall that that one has been proof-read by shellshock.

There is also a PDF version here.

And radius can always do some additional proof-reading ...

Last edited by cklammer; 12-26-2009 at 11:18 AM. Reason: Volunteered somebody else
cklammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 06:20 PM   #20
radius
Lector minore
radius trips the light fantastic.radius trips the light fantastic.radius trips the light fantastic.radius trips the light fantastic.radius trips the light fantastic.radius trips the light fantastic.radius trips the light fantastic.radius trips the light fantastic.radius trips the light fantastic.radius trips the light fantastic.radius trips the light fantastic.
 
radius's Avatar
 
Posts: 355
Karma: 128734
Join Date: Jan 2008
Device: Sony PRS-T3, Amazon Kindle PaperWhite 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by cklammer View Post
Hmmm ... I don't have a pbook where I am at. But why not use Shellshock's "Orwell, George: Nineteen Eighty-Four. v1.1. 24 June 2009" LRF version from LRF ebook upload subforum and explode it to HTML using LRFtools? I seem to recall that that one has been proof-read by shellshock.

There is also a PDF version here.

And radius can always do some additional proof-reading ...
I wouldn't mind signing up for proofing (well, for spelling and mis-OCRed words; I don't have a paper copy to check against). If I'm going to read the whole book though, I'd probably make my own epub version

Whats wrong with reading it during Christmas?
radius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 09:33 PM   #21
cklammer
Zealot
cklammer has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.cklammer has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.cklammer has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.cklammer has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.cklammer has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.
 
cklammer's Avatar
 
Posts: 105
Karma: 450
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Device: Palm Centro, Acer Aspire One
Ahem, is that a trick question?

Quote:
Originally Posted by radius View Post
Whats wrong with reading it during Christmas?
That is what I first wanted to post: "Ahem, is that a trick question?"
Just like when your wife asks you if you find her sister attractive .... but since you are not married to me, here goes:

I found '84 a really depressing story the last time I read it. Just totally flying in the face of Christmas spirit!

Christmas for me is totally family time.
cklammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 09:34 AM   #22
radius
Lector minore
radius trips the light fantastic.radius trips the light fantastic.radius trips the light fantastic.radius trips the light fantastic.radius trips the light fantastic.radius trips the light fantastic.radius trips the light fantastic.radius trips the light fantastic.radius trips the light fantastic.radius trips the light fantastic.radius trips the light fantastic.
 
radius's Avatar
 
Posts: 355
Karma: 128734
Join Date: Jan 2008
Device: Sony PRS-T3, Amazon Kindle PaperWhite 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by cklammer View Post
That is what I first wanted to post: "Ahem, is that a trick question?"
Just like when your wife asks you if you find her sister attractive .... but since you are not married to me, here goes:

I found '84 a really depressing story the last time I read it. Just totally flying in the face of Christmas spirit!

Christmas for me is totally family time.
To me, it's about how even under the most hostile and oppressive conditions, love still manages to bloom, so its not depressing at all. And it even teaches that you just can't buck the system.

Besides, its a good antidote to all those It's a Beautiful Life re-runs on television

P.S. I find my wife's sister to be extremely unattractive, but since she shares DNA with my one-and-only, I'm forced to choke out that I find her "hot"; is that the right answer?
radius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 09:49 PM   #23
cklammer
Zealot
cklammer has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.cklammer has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.cklammer has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.cklammer has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.cklammer has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.
 
cklammer's Avatar
 
Posts: 105
Karma: 450
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Device: Palm Centro, Acer Aspire One
Quote:
Originally Posted by radius View Post
To me, it's about how even under the most hostile and oppressive conditions, love still manages to bloom, so its not depressing at all. And it even teaches that you just can't buck the system.

Besides, its a good antidote to all those It's a Beautiful Life re-runs on television

P.S. I find my wife's sister to be extremely unattractive, but since she shares DNA with my one-and-only, I'm forced to choke out that I find her "hot"; is that the right answer?
In my universe it is definitely not ...

Maybe I did not make that point very well: substitute "my sister" with "our housemaid" ...
cklammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
animals, communism, fable, politics, satire

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Other Fiction Orwell, George: Animal Farm - v1 - 22 June 07 RWood Kindle Books 5 05-06-2011 08:41 AM
Short Fiction Orwell, George: Animal Farm. v1.1. 17 June 2009 ShellShock BBeB/LRF Books 1 01-12-2010 10:28 PM
Animal Farm by George Orwell tech_au Reading Recommendations 15 10-23-2009 11:18 AM
Other Fiction Orwell, George: Animal Farm: A Fairy Story. PDF (9x12cm) v1 14 Dec 2008 Jellby Other Books 1 12-14-2008 06:04 AM
Other Fiction Orwell, George: Animal Farm - v1 - 29 May 07 RWood BBeB/LRF Books 3 05-30-2007 11:38 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:28 AM.


MobileRead.com is a privately owned, operated and funded community.