Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 12-01-2009, 02:33 AM   #1
Icarusbop
Groupie
Icarusbop knows what's going on.Icarusbop knows what's going on.Icarusbop knows what's going on.Icarusbop knows what's going on.Icarusbop knows what's going on.Icarusbop knows what's going on.Icarusbop knows what's going on.Icarusbop knows what's going on.Icarusbop knows what's going on.Icarusbop knows what's going on.Icarusbop knows what's going on.

Device: PRS505
WaaaaaaHHHH I broke it!!!

I dropped by 505 yesterday and killed it with the classic broken substrate

I have tried reading on other 'devices' last night, my PDA is too small and paper does not have the books I want (in my house at least). It's funny how quick you get used to a certain format, apparently I can't read any other way now!

So I have had to order a new reader, can't believe people are selling them on eBay for £220+, and a second hand one went for £155, when you can get a new one from Play at £160... go figure.

Bloody expensive mistake. Grrrrrr.
Now: It's all you lots job to try to make me feel better.....
Icarusbop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 03:00 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Have you contacted Sony to find out how much it would cost to have it repaired?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 03:48 AM   #3
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icarusbop View Post
I dropped by 505 yesterday and killed it with the classic broken substrate
[SNIP]
Bloody expensive mistake. Grrrrrr.
Now: It's all you lots job to try to make me feel better.....
Oh,no! So sorry for you.

I don't know what to say to make it better... how about some flowers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Good suggestion from HarryT. You never know, it just might be less than buying a new one.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 04:00 AM   #4
Icarusbop
Groupie
Icarusbop knows what's going on.Icarusbop knows what's going on.Icarusbop knows what's going on.Icarusbop knows what's going on.Icarusbop knows what's going on.Icarusbop knows what's going on.Icarusbop knows what's going on.Icarusbop knows what's going on.Icarusbop knows what's going on.Icarusbop knows what's going on.Icarusbop knows what's going on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
I didn't do this, my reader was bought before they were available in the UK...
A friend in the US bought it for me and posted it over here. I didn't thinkSony would be very supportive....
Old 12-01-2009, 04:02 AM   #5
Icarusbop
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreams View Post
Oh,no! So sorry for you.

I don't know what to say to make it better... how about some flowers?

Good suggestion from HarryT. You never know, it just might be less than buying a new one.
Thanks for the flowers, they look nice, but I can't smell them because by node is all bunged up too..