Notices

Old 11-24-2009, 05:36 AM   #31
Alilas
Text Transformer
Alilas began at the beginning.

Device: ivory PB360 and Nook Wifi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yar-PocketBooker View Post
Yes, of course. USPS would cost about 45 USD and take about 10 days, you can also use UPS, it'd be faster, but more expensive.
Hi

I ordered PB 360 last week, got confirmation, and be informed that it's shipped. But it said in my order that USPS cost 16 USD or so for shipping to Thailand. The problem is the tracking system shows me nothing.

I'm informed that it's shipped last week, 17 Nov to be exact, but still can't track it today. Is it a bit too fast? Can't help but really want to try my PocketBook!

Anyway, your customer service is fabulous!!!
Alilas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 07:23 AM   #32
coredump
Enthusiast
coredump began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook 360
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alilas View Post
Hi

I ordered PB 360 last week, got confirmation, and be informed that it's shipped. But it said in my order that USPS cost 16 USD or so for shipping to Thailand. The problem is the tracking system shows me nothing.

I'm informed that it's shipped last week, 17 Nov to be exact, but still can't track it today. Is it a bit too fast? Can't help but really want to try my PocketBook!

My experience shows that the USPS tracking system is very innacurate when it comes to international orders. Unless you use the ultra-expensive real time tracking option, the site will take a lot of time to update, even after the item arrived.
coredump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 05:07 PM   #33
Dulin's Books
Wizard
Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox PB360 etc etc etc
Yes I have found that to be true- often packages arrive before the tracking shows the item has moved
Dulin's Books is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 12:11 AM   #34
Alilas
Text Transformer

Sounds a bit ironic to me since we can track every registered mail online by Thailand Post...
Old 11-25-2009, 12:24 AM   #35
Yar-PocketBooker
Fanatic
Yar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: PocketBooks and Onyxes and anything E-Ink...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alilas View Post
Hi

Thanks!

By my experience, shipping with USPS to Thailand takes 10 days, mas o menos exaclty. The worst thing with USPS is that the package would stay for up to 4-5 days "nowhere", i.e. the tracking system would show "Billing Info Received, delivery date unknown" for many days after the package has been handed directly to the live human being in the Post Office... Only after this 'lay-down' time, the package would appear in so called "Foreign Dispatch Center", after which the things would start to move faster.
Yar-PocketBooker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 08:34 AM   #36
Ebiumn
Connoisseur
Ebiumn doesn't litterEbiumn doesn't litter

Device: Pocketbook 360, Kindle Voyage
tracking shows that my usps delivery

Detailed Results:

International Dispatch, November 18, 2009, 5:40 pm, FOREIGN CENTERJERSEY CITY NJ 099
Arrival
Electronic Shipping Info Received, November 16, 2009

and still no further info or sight of the delivery in UK seven days later
Ebiumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 03:01 AM   #37
hucus
hucus began at the beginning.

Device: none
Got it here in Thailand.
It took about 10 days or so. The seller has even specified the correct price for customs so there was not duty.

P.S. Global ecomonic in action. I'm Russian born in Ukraine has bought a device in USA made in by Chinese in Taiwan and programmed by Ukranian/Russians in Ukraine and it was shipped to my house in Thailand.

The books works great actually. I've used it for a few weeks and love it.

Last edited by hucus; 11-28-2009 at 03:34 AM.
hucus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 03:41 AM   #38
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebiumn View Post
tracking shows that my usps delivery

Detailed Results:

International Dispatch, November 18, 2009, 5:40 pm, FOREIGN CENTERJERSEY CITY NJ 099
Arrival
Electronic Shipping Info Received, November 16, 2009

and still no further info or sight of the delivery in UK seven days later
Still no news? I got my 360 from Germany to Luxembourg in two days: posted on tuesday, arrived on thursday morning! The courier was Hermes!
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 06:08 AM   #39
coredump
Enthusiast
coredump began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook 360
Mine was shipped from Germany to Belgium in 2 days too.
coredump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 10:51 PM   #40
Dulin's Books
Wizard
Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox PB360 etc etc etc
Quote:
Originally Posted by hucus View Post

P.S. Global ecomonic in action. I'm Russian born in Ukraine has bought a device in USA made in by Chinese in Taiwan and programmed by Ukranian/Russians in Ukraine and it was shipped to my house in Thailand.

The books works great actually. I've used it for a few weeks and love it.
That's a great economy lesson Glad you are enjoying it.

-Charlie
Dulin's Books is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 05:43 AM   #41
Alilas
Text Transformer

Finally got mine today, just an hour ago! No duty as I thought. Thanks!

Too excited and can't stop playing with it now. I'll give back my comment later.