Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Workshop

Notices

Old 07-22-2009, 11:15 AM   #166
Jane A
Addict
Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel_Enraged View Post
I am a moron - I need obvious hints - clear concise hints
I am a moron, also. But if you read carefully through this thread and this one: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27979 you will probably be able to figure it out because I did. It took me quite awhile, but I kept working at it and reading over everyone's comments and voila! Finally I got it.

I do think if you run into specific problems once you get started people will chime in to help you. Good luck!
Jane A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 03:55 PM   #167
smgoller
smgoller began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
So I've just jumped into this, and I'm using FBReader on Android. I downloaded the BN app and signed up, so I have a few free ebooks that came with it (Dracula, etc.) and then I downloaded a free one as well. I tried using ereader2html as a test on the free ebook I "bought" (in anticipation of getting it over to epub) and it complains about the ereader version being 10.

Has anyone messed around with BN's ereader files yet, and if so, any thoughts on what info we might need to convert the "pack-in" ebooks to other formats? Those definitely don't have a credit card number embedded in them so I'm curious as to what they used to encrypt them.
smgoller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 04:25 PM   #168
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by smgoller View Post
I tried using ereader2html as a test on the free ebook I "bought" (in anticipation of getting it over to epub) and it complains about the ereader version being 10.
The "eReader version" is the 1st two bytes of PDB record 0 (wiki: EReader), and 10 = zlib (no encryption).

To convert a DRM-free eReader ebook to something else, use calibre 0.6 beta (only the beta supports eReader format).
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 06:33 PM   #169
smgoller
smgoller began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallcraft View Post
The "eReader version" is the 1st two bytes of PDB record 0 (wiki: EReader), and 10 = zlib (no encryption).

To convert a DRM-free eReader ebook to something else, use calibre 0.6 beta (only the beta supports eReader format).
Heh. So, I tried using calibre beta to convert the pack-in books and it failed, but yes, the one I bought converted just fine.

Converting a book that came with the BN reader failed. I'll post in the Calibre forum about the error I got.
smgoller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 04:53 PM   #170
brendanl79
brendanl79 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Voyage x2, Onyx BOOX Note 3
version 259 error fixed?

eReader2html doesn't work on some older encrypted pdb's ("version 259" error) but I just noticed on darkreverser's blog a supposed patch that fixes this.

Worth a try...
brendanl79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 11:47 AM   #171
columbus
Wizard
columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Prs 650, 505
Ereader2HTML 0.03 seems to have vanished - anybody any ideas?
columbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 11:49 AM   #172
simond
Fanatic
simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, iPad, iPhone
Quote:
Originally Posted by columbus View Post
Ereader2HTML 0.03 seems to have vanished - anybody any ideas?
Do you read the comments to blogs?
simond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 03:54 PM   #173
columbus
Wizard
columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Prs 650, 505
Quote:
Originally Posted by simond View Post
Do you read the comments to blogs?
Yes, I read all I could find, but apart from a comment about "....wind" a file in a format I did not know ( therefore did not trust) I could find nothing.

Maybe I'm reading the wrong blog's. if so please excuse a 'dummy' & point me (PM?)
columbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 11:02 AM   #174
Dan de V
Avid Reader
Dan de V can tell if an avocado is ripe without touching it.Dan de V can tell if an avocado is ripe without touching it.Dan de V can tell if an avocado is ripe without touching it.Dan de V can tell if an avocado is ripe without touching it.Dan de V can tell if an avocado is ripe without touching it.Dan de V can tell if an avocado is ripe without touching it.Dan de V can tell if an avocado is ripe without touching it.Dan de V can tell if an avocado is ripe without touching it.Dan de V can tell if an avocado is ripe without touching it.Dan de V can tell if an avocado is ripe without touching it.Dan de V can tell if an avocado is ripe without touching it.

Device: PRS 350 & HTC Legend
I have been looking through the various threads on ereader2html errors and this thread mentions the error most similar to mine so I thought I would ask.

The error I have converting a recently downloaded booksonboard .pdb is as follows

Error: incorrect eReader version 11 (error 3)

Now I have seen wallcraft's post above (#168 and thanks for the clue) referring to the wiki and PDB record 0 but my version is 11 which is not mentioned in the wiki.

I have re-downloaded the file (same error) and checked if it was DRM free; it wasn't.

Can anyone help and give me a few clues?
Dan de V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 02:05 AM   #175
Devorah
Devorah began at the beginning.

Device: sony prs505
ereader2html help please

C:\Python26\Tools\Scripts\eReader2html.py:8: DeprecationWarning: the sha module
is deprecated; use the hashlib module instead
import struct, binascii, zlib, os, sha, sys, os.path
eReader2Html v0.03. Copyright (c) 2008 The Dark Reverser
Processing... Error: incorrect eReader version 259 (error 1)

C:\Python26\Tools\Scripts>

I am getting the same error (deprecation warning) as the poster above. Mine has the number 10 rather than 8 though. Then the copyright info, a usage message with an example of the command line and a note about the cc number. It immediately begins another prompt without processing anything or telling me what the error is.

Please help. I must be so close...

Many thanks, Devorah

Last edited by Devorah; 09-26-2009 at 02:08 AM. Reason: additional info
Devorah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 12:26 PM   #176
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devorah View Post
a usage message with an example of the command line and a note about the cc number.
You get this when providing the wrong number of arguments. Most likely you need to put your name in quotes (probably First Last is being treated as 2 arguments). When in doubt, add quotes (double quotes under Windows but single quotes on a Mac).
Old 09-27-2009, 06:57 PM   #177
Devorah
Devorah began at the beginning.

Device: sony prs505
Quotes and apostrophes

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallcraft View Post
You get this when providing the wrong number of arguments. Most likely you need to put your name in quotes (probably First Last is being treated as 2 arguments). When in doubt, add quotes (double quotes under Windows but single quotes on a Mac).
It worked! It worked!

I used the cp1252 code in calibre but got an A with a symbol above it everywhere. Removed it and lost the apostrophes and quotes. Any ideas?

Calligrapher's Daughter awaits though and I'm happy (even without the quotes)
Devorah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 08:46 PM   #178
wallcraft
reader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devorah View Post
I used the cp1252 code in calibre but got an A with a symbol above it everywhere. Removed it and lost the apostrophes and quotes. Any ideas?
Something similar has been reported at the end of Converting eReader books. This might mean it is a bug Calibre that Kovid will fix it soon.