Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 12-15-2006, 10:09 PM   #1
Rp3
Rp3 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-500
New Sony Reader

Hello,

Just got the Sony reader and am actually charging it up now.

Can't wait to give it a try...

Rp3
Rp3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 11:33 PM   #2
Madam Broshkina
Manic Do Fuse
Madam Broshkina is a name known to allMadam Broshkina is a name known to allMadam Broshkina is a name known to allMadam Broshkina is a name known to allMadam Broshkina is a name known to allMadam Broshkina is a name known to allMadam Broshkina is a name known to allMadam Broshkina is a name known to allMadam Broshkina is a name known to allMadam Broshkina is a name known to allMadam Broshkina is a name known to all

Device: Sony 500, 505, 350, Kindle 3, DXG, nook, Irex DR800SG, iPad
Welcome Rp3, I hope that you will have as much fun with your Sony reader as I have had with mine.
Madam Broshkina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 12:17 PM   #3
Rp3
Rp3 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Thanks, additional thoughts so far...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madam Broshkina
Welcome Rp3, I hope that you will have as much fun with your Sony reader as I have had with mine.

Well All I can say so far is I love it. Am about 1/2 way through NEXT and I can't get enough. I fly a lot (way too much for work actually) and this thing is a godsend. I can now carry multiple books, reports, etc.. Without all the dam weight and space they take up!!!!!!!! For this alone it is worth the 350!

I also find it funny the guys that review it and say it's not good at this or that, but they say it is very good as a reader. Well thats all it is, and I love it for that. I am sick of devices that try to do too much and don't do anything very well at all. I am grateful for this. I bought it to read books, period. It does that very well. The issue about the light also makes me laugh, I don't recall ever having a book with a built in light before, so this isn't a big deal to me. If I want to read in the dark then I will get a light.

As far as all the buttons go (another review I read that said the buttons were terrible), they work great for me and no issues.

And the Sony Connect store? Well it works for me, I got my 50$ credit thanks to who ever put up that tip n trick to find it, but really no issues. Works as I expect it would. Maybe a bit hard to find things, but who cares, I don't get all my books from there anyways.

If your not sure, I LOVE IT.

Rp3

Last edited by Rp3; 12-19-2006 at 12:19 PM.
Rp3 is offline   Reply With Quote