Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 05-19-2009, 02:01 AM   #16
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acreo Aeneas View Post
Hmm, I'm liking the mini BeBook more and more. If only the device's potential list price for the United States would stay at $200 rather than $270 (after Euro-to-USD conversion). At $200 USD, I'd grab it over the Kindle, but at $270, it's not too far from a Kindle.

Additionally, did anyone else notice that the Mini looked like it had a touchscreen?

Also they showed the SIM card slot on the Mini, does that mean the Mini would also have 3G capability? What about WiFi.

On a side note, I really wish I could understand Dutch. Perhaps I should get my Dutch friend to translate the video for me.
"All devices" should include the mini, shouldn't it? So, I guess, add a wifi card and you'll have wifi... it might not have 3G though...
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 08:49 AM   #17
hannah
Zealot
hannah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hannah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hannah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hannah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hannah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hannah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hannah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hannah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hannah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hannah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hannah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H20, Bebook mini
Quote:
Additionally, did anyone else notice that the Mini looked like it had a touchscreen?

Also they showed the SIM card slot on the Mini, does that mean the Mini would also have 3G capability? What about WiFi.

On a side note, I really wish I could understand Dutch. Perhaps I should get my Dutch friend to translate the video for me.
They say the mini has a 5inch screen, a faster processor, more memory, and more grayscale. It should be available in august and will cost €199.

Then you have another model with touchscreen, you can write on it, and 3G that will cost €350-400. I think the sim card slot they show is on the bebook 2, not the mini, but I can be wrong.

All models will have wifi, even the existing bebook.
hannah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 09:20 AM   #18
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hannah View Post
They say the mini has a 5inch screen, a faster processor, more memory, and more grayscale. It should be available in august and will cost €199.

Then you have another model with touchscreen, you can write on it, and 3G that will cost €350-400. I think the sim card slot they show is on the bebook 2, not the mini, but I can be wrong.

All models will have wifi, even the existing bebook.
If you look at the mini when he puts it in his pocket, you'll see a SD card slot (and two other, undefined black holes...)
Old 05-19-2009, 10:59 AM   #19
Acreo Aeneas
Kobo Aura
Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura
@sweetpea and hannah,

You guys are repeating the same things that they've already told us that the Mini will be like the BeBook 1, but the video seems to contradict that.

If you watch closely, they only mess with 2 out of 3 BeBooks. Two are Minis (one black and one white) and the last one is a black 6" BeBook (presumably the 2nd Gen, but looks like the first gen). Most of the video they mess with a white BeBook which is the Mini and when the EndlessIdeas guy takes off the SIM cover, it's on the white Mini.

So that is where I'm getting the question of 3G/Wifi access for the new Minis. Unless I'm totally off course, that's what I saw and wondered if anyone else noticed or can confirm.

Additionally, near the end, I heard the mention of a 8" device. Was I mistaken? (Again, I don't speak Dutch but it seems they're using a lot of English words.)
Acreo Aeneas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 03:13 PM   #20
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
@sweetpea and hannah,

You guys are repeating the same things that they've already told us that the Mini will be like the BeBook 1, but the video seems to contradict that.

If you watch closely, they only mess with 2 out of 3 BeBooks. Two are Minis (one black and one white) and the last one is a black 6" BeBook (presumably the 2nd Gen, but looks like the first gen). Most of the video they mess with a white BeBook which is the Mini and when the EndlessIdeas guy takes off the SIM cover, it's on the white Mini.

So that is where I'm getting the question of 3G/Wifi access for the new Minis. Unless I'm totally off course, that's what I saw and wondered if anyone else noticed or can confirm.
You're mistaken. They have all three on the table. The black one is the BeBook 1, the small white one the BeBook mini and the glossy white one is the BeBook 2. When he takes off the cover it's on the glossy one, which is the BeBook 2.
Old 05-23-2009, 06:58 AM   #21
hannah
Zealot
hannah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hannah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hannah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hannah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hannah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hannah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hannah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hannah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hannah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hannah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hannah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H20, Bebook mini
If you look at the very beginning, before the interview, you see there are actually 4 bebooks, 3 on the table (black bebook 1, black mini, white bebook 2) and 1 white mini in the hand. The white mini is white in front and back, the glossy bebook 2 looks white in front and black in back. The bebook 1 and the mini looks the same, the buttons on the bebook 2 are different. As Sweetpea mentions, it's the glossy one where he shows the sim card slot.

I listened again and I don't hear them mentioning a 8" model. Something I didn't hear before : they pretend that for the 3G on bebook 2 you will not have to pay a monthly fee (as a gsm), all is included in the price. I just hope, that they will not be limited to one store, as is the case with the kindle.
hannah is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bebook, mini, video