Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 04-28-2024, 08:17 PM   #1
musashired
musashired began at the beginning.

Device: KT4
Question about OTA and jailbroken Kindles (KT4)

Hello I'm a newb still to Kindle Jailbreak. I have a Kindle 10th Gen that I jailbroke with WatchThis on 5.14.2 all was well and I put Kual and the helper on there to block OTAs and turn on Wifi but soon after the Kindle updated itself to 5.16.8... Look like the Jailbreak is gone but once I reboot I do see the bottom of the screen flash text that says "*****jailbreak*****" is my kindle SOL? Any advice?
musashired is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2024, 08:46 PM   #2
werdoishack
werdoishack began at the beginning.

Device: KT4, KT, PW, PW2, PW3
Hey Yeah, I have the same issue. I was looking at seeing what causes that message to occur and figured out that inside the /mnt/us/mkk/bridge.sh that script is still being run and the kindle is kinda jailbroken. I think that the developer keystore has been moved and some changes have broken the ;log mrpi command but I am trying to create some update packages signed with the jailbreak developer key. Hopefully I can create something to work
werdoishack is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-29-2024, 04:52 AM   #3
Marek
Zealot
Marek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4 :(, KT5, PB628, PW5
;log runme should still work! (Even tho you won't get output on the screen since fbink doesn't yet support armhf (5.16.3 and higher)) if your hotfix was older than November 2023 you will need to place the keys manually (can be found in eg Language Breakrelease) or downgrade to 5.14.2 where the bridge should fix itself - even if you manage the keys install you will need to downgrade to at least 5.16.2.1.1 goodluck
Marek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2024, 09:18 AM   #4
werdoishack

Yeah Thats what I meant, things don't print to the screen . Though wasn't the kindles always running on the armhf platform since they were all on armv7l. Can we possibly compile fbink to work on the newer platform.
Old 05-29-2024, 10:53 AM   #5
Marek
Zealot
Marek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by werdoishack View Post
Yeah Thats what I meant, things don't print to the screen . Though wasn't the kindles always running on the armhf platform since they were all on armv7l. Can we possibly compile fbink to work on the newer platform.
i have a build of fbink for armhf but its kind of useless since other things need to be compiled too
Advert
Old 05-29-2024, 11:10 AM   #6
werdoishack

I guess lol. I'm trying to execute ;log runme to downgrade possibly but of course its not working. Why would it ever work
Old 05-29-2024, 12:25 PM   #7
werdoishack

Weird thing happening now. I repackaged the jailbreak hotfix with kindle tool and now I can directly update from the UYK button. I retried the command ;log runme and now it just restarts everytime I try to run the command. Im confused
Old 05-29-2024, 02:10 PM   #8
Marek
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by werdoishack View Post
Weird thing happening now. I repackaged the jailbreak hotfix with kindle tool and now I can directly update from the UYK button. I retried the command ;log runme and now it just restarts everytime I try to run the command. Im confused
Just flash the official upgrade now - copy the bin and force a reboot
Old 05-29-2024, 03:07 PM   #9
werdoishack

nvm, I bassicly took a look at the runme.sh and saw it had a reboot command which is why it kept rebooting . After that I decided to check why the commands inside runme.sh were not working by using echo to put the output into a log.txt file. After that found that amazon made a new user for us to run as which is framework . Anyways, I took my knowledge of bypassing sudo to create my own little sudo command that bypasses needing to be suid to run root stuff. Then from there, I modified it and downgraded it. I did first try to run kterm from runme.sh but that failed soooo now running 5.16.2.1.1