Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 09-17-2023, 04:46 AM   #1
carambita
carambita began at the beginning.

Device: Tolino Vision 5
metadata plugboards -> Vision 6

Dear All

I have a new Tolino Vision 6 replacing the Vision 5.

When I send ebooks of a serie to the new Tolino, the serie is not shown on the vision 6 although I am using metadata plugboards with the following code:

{series:||}{series_index:0>2s|: | - } {title_sort}

that works fine with Vision 5 but not at all with Vision 6.

I read in the forum that the Vision 6 should be changed into a MTP device. Does that solve the issue? and if so, how do I do that.

Thanks for your help
carambita
carambita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2023, 11:03 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Plugboard modifies METADATA in the book (used by the devices bookshelf software).

MTP (Media transfer protocol) is more of a file system transfer method (put the book.format here ). The device driver affects the FILENAME (and allowed formats) for a device type. The bookshelf may or not, use any filename as metadata.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2023, 03:31 PM   #3
carambita
carambita began at the beginning.

Device: Tolino Vision 5
Dear theducks

thanks for the information, I thought, it might be like this.
Do you have any idea, why the change of the metadata does work on Tolino Vision 5 but not on Vision 6?

Thanks for helping

carambita
carambita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2023, 04:35 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by carambita View Post
Dear theducks

thanks for the information, I thought, it might be like this.
Do you have any idea, why the change of the metadata does work on Tolino Vision 5 but not on Vision 6?

Thanks for helping

carambita
Never even touched a Tolino
You might get better answers askin in a place dedicated to that brand.
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/fo...play.php?f=279
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote