Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Editor

Notices

Old 03-11-2023, 06:21 PM   #1
John IV
John IV began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Scribe
How to bulk edit/run check and fix on books

Hi, is there a way to select a group of books from the library and initiate these steps for each book using the editor somehow:

Edit Book
Run Check
Fix anything possible (mainly for removal of unreferenced art files)

I have unused/referenced image files in about 93 books that the modify ebooks plugin and others don't seem to have caught, so I've been doing an individual edit of each book and running the book check and removing them manually. Thanks!
John IV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2023, 10:47 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
No, I'm afraid there isnt any facility for bulk running of the check book code.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2023, 10:54 PM   #3
John IV
John IV began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Scribe
Understood; at any rate, thank you for the great app Kovid.
John IV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2023, 12:31 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Look at what Modify EPUB Plugin can do

Please 'More Input' when asking these kinds of questions
You did not specify 'for what format'.

A case like this is why I hate the Nuke'em all CSS, Image, Font removal suggestions. The cleanup of the aftermath is bad and a lot harder.

Get proficient with the Editor and you will spend 5 mins or less on most (Original source), books making them your way.

Eg. I remove embedded Charis fonts .
Step 1 is use the debug tool to make sure the book was Valid TO START
Step 2 In the book Browser: Select all Charis...elete
Step 3 In the debug screen:remove all references... (will need to do for each face you removed)
Save
Fixing Step 1 errors is the biggest time suck
I have clips I replace bits IN THE CSS

I remove The Sample chapters (I leave the 1 page ad if separate)
I have no use for an inline TOC if the NCX is fine.
YMMV but the point I am trying to make is Knowledge can make it fairly fast.
Aftermath cleanup is hard
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote