Notices

Old 06-23-2022, 06:55 AM   #1066
cedm
cedm began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by frailtyy View Post
Seeing something strange when attempting to configure the plugin on Linux:

If there's anything else I can pull to help, feel free to let me know.
Hello all,

I installed the Annotation plugin and I have the same error on Fedora. I saw that it was Python version related but I was wondering if you had find the root cause for this?

Let me know if I can help or even report a bug on the Git?

Kind regards,

CM
cedm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2022, 12:11 AM   #1067
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by cedm View Post
Hello all,

I installed the Annotation plugin and I have the same error on Fedora. I saw that it was Python version related but I was wondering if you had find the root cause for this?

Let me know if I can help or even report a bug on the Git?
The fix for what @cedm reported should have been in version 1.17.0 of the plugin. Can you actually post the details of the error so that we can see if it is actually the same. Or try installing the beta posted during the last few days. That does have a fix for a problem that would only be seen on Linux, but, it is not the error reported by @cedm.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2022, 03:23 AM   #1068
cedm

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
The fix for what @cedm reported should have been in version 1.17.0 of the plugin. Can you actually post the details of the error so that we can see if it is actually the same. Or try installing the beta posted during the last few days. That does have a fix for a problem that would only be seen on Linux, but, it is not the error reported by @cedm.

Here is the message I have when I launch the "Customize plugin" option from the menu. The plugin seems to be the version 1.17.0. In the meantime, I give a try to the beta version and I let you know if there is an other behaviour.

Code:
calibre, version 5.42.0
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>AttributeError</b>:module 'collections' has no attribute 'Callable'

calibre 5.42  embedded-python: False is64bit: True
Linux-5.18.5-200.fc36.x86_64-x86_64-with-glibc2.35 Linux ('64bit', 'ELF')
('Linux', '5.18.5-200.fc36.x86_64', '#1 SMP PREEMPT_DYNAMIC Thu Jun 16 14:51:11 UTC 2022')
Python 3.10.5
Interface language: None
Successfully initialized third party plugins: Annotations (1, 17, 0)
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "calibre_plugins.annotations.action", line 1343, in show_configuration
    self.interface_action_base_plugin.do_user_config(self.gui)
  File "/usr/lib64/calibre/calibre/customize/__init__.py", line 166, in do_user_config
    config_widget = self.config_widget()
  File "calibre_plugins.annotations.__init__", line 28, in config_widget
    self.cw = ConfigWidget(self.actual_plugin_)
  File "calibre_plugins.annotations.config", line 197, in __init__
    restore_state(self)
  File "calibre_plugins.annotations.common_utils", line 1189, in restore_state
    if isinstance(setter_ref, collections.Callable):
AttributeError: module 'collections' has no attribute 'Callable'
Old 06-24-2022, 03:38 AM   #1069
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Here is the message I have when I launch the "Customize plugin" option from the menu. The plugin seems to be the version 1.17.0. In the meantime, I give a try to the beta version and I let you know if there is an other behaviour.

Code:
calibre, version 5.42.0
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>AttributeError</b>:module 'collections' has no attribute 'Callable'

('Linux', '5.18.5-200.fc36.x86_64', '#1 SMP PREEMPT_DYNAMIC Thu Jun 16 14:51:11 UTC 2022')
Python 3.10.5
Successfully initialized third party plugins: Annotations (1, 17, 0)
  File "calibre_plugins.annotations.action", line 1343, in show_configuration
    self.interface_action_base_plugin.do_user_config(self.gui)
  File "/usr/lib64/calibre/calibre/customize/__init__.py", line 166, in do_user_config
    config_widget = self.config_widget()
  File "calibre_plugins.annotations.__init__", line 28, in config_widget
    self.cw = ConfigWidget(self.actual_plugin_)
  File "calibre_plugins.annotations.config", line 197, in __init__
    restore_state(self)
  File "calibre_plugins.annotations.common_utils", line 1189, in restore_state
    if isinstance(setter_ref, collections.Callable):
AttributeError: module 'collections' has no attribute 'Callable'
OK. The change I was thinking of was not in version 1.17.0 of the plugin. It is in the beta I put up earlier in the week. It is in the post immediately before yours. Please try that and tell me how it goes. I am intending to release this over the weekend, but, I have been waiting for comments on whether it fixes the reported problems.
Old 06-25-2022, 08:03 AM   #1070
cedm

Quote:
OK. The change I was thinking of was not in version 1.17.0 of the plugin. It is in the beta I put up earlier in the week. It is in the post immediately before yours. Please try that and tell me how it goes. I am intending to release this over the weekend, but, I have been waiting for comments on whether it fixes the reported problems.
I tested the beta version and the "Customize plugin" is working properly but when I want to fetch the annotations from my book reader (Kobo Libra 2), there is another error message

Code:
calibre, version 5.42.0
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>AttributeError</b>:'KOBOTOUCH' object has no attribute 'current_friendly_name'

Python 3.10.5
Successfully initialized third party plugins: Annotations (1, 17, 4)
  File "calibre_plugins.annotations.action", line 363, in fetch_usb_connected_device_annotations
    self.fetch_usb_device_annotations(self.get_connected_device_primary_name())
  File "calibre_plugins.annotations.action", line 399, in fetch_usb_device_annotations
    self.selected_mi = get_selected_book_mi(self.get_options(),
  File "calibre_plugins.annotations.action", line 675, in get_options
    self.opts['device_name'] = self.connected_device.current_friendly_name
AttributeError: 'KOBOTOUCH' object has no attribute 'current_friendly_name'
Old 06-25-2022, 10:07 AM   #1071
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
I tested the beta version and the "Customize plugin" is working properly but when I want to fetch the annotations from my book reader (Kobo Libra 2), there is another error message

Code:
calibre, version 5.42.0
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>AttributeError</b>:'KOBOTOUCH' object has no attribute 'current_friendly_name'

Python 3.10.5
Successfully initialized third party plugins: Annotations (1, 17, 4)
  File "calibre_plugins.annotations.action", line 363, in fetch_usb_connected_device_annotations
    self.fetch_usb_device_annotations(self.get_connected_device_primary_name())
  File "calibre_plugins.annotations.action", line 399, in fetch_usb_device_annotations
    self.selected_mi = get_selected_book_mi(self.get_options(),
  File "calibre_plugins.annotations.action", line 675, in get_options
    self.opts['device_name'] = self.connected_device.current_friendly_name
AttributeError: 'KOBOTOUCH' object has no attribute 'current_friendly_name'
That's embarrassing. I didn't even test it against my own device

The attached beta works here. And should work for MTP devices as well. Let me know who it goes.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Annotations-beta.zip (681.2 KB, 174 views)
Old 06-26-2022, 05:12 AM   #1072
Carbon
Carbon began at the beginning.

Device: android
support Moon+ reader

Quote:

The attached beta works here. And should work for MTP devices as well. Let me know who it goes.
dear davidfor,
if convenient, please consider the pr 23 and pr 25 in github, it's very important for the Android user.
thanks.
Carbon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2022, 03:39 PM   #1073
cedm

Quote:

This beta version works perfectly, thank you!
Old 06-27-2022, 12:31 AM   #1074
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbon View Post
dear davidfor,
if convenient, please consider the pr 23 and pr 25 in github, it's very important for the Android user.
I did. But, when I looked, both of them had been closed and the branches they were based on removed. I see the branches have been restored, but, the PRs have not been reopened. I have reopened them and plan to look at them next weekend. But, the fixes I have posted here are separate to that and will be released first.
Old 06-27-2022, 12:33 AM   #1075
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
This beta version works perfectly, thank you!
Great. Time permitting, and if the cats let me at the keyboard, I'll release this in the next couple of days.
Old 06-27-2022, 05:22 AM   #1076
aik099
Enthusiast
aik099 rocks like Gibraltar!aik099 rocks like Gibraltar!aik099 rocks like Gibraltar!aik099 rocks like Gibraltar!aik099 rocks like Gibraltar!aik099 rocks like Gibraltar!aik099 rocks like Gibraltar!aik099 rocks like Gibraltar!aik099 rocks like Gibraltar!aik099 rocks like Gibraltar!aik099 rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: none
Quote:

Tested 1.17.5 version on Onyx Boox device on Mac.
aik099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2022, 03:09 PM   #1077
Huwaetzel
Enthusiast
Huwaetzel began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook 903
Hi, this beta version also works for me on my PB741 perfectly. No error message. Looking forward to the final version
Huwaetzel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2022, 07:24 AM   #1078
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Update to version 1.17.6

I have just released version 1.17.6 of the plugin. This is mainly a bug fix release covering the bugs reported and the beta's that have been released since the last release.

The changes in this release are:
  • Change: Remove Qt compileUi as no longer used and blocking calibre6/Qt6.
  • Fix: Missed a spot where need to use "current_friendly_name" for MTP devices
  • Fix: PocketBook - Workaround issues with nulls in database and links.
  • Fix: Change regex used for Kindle "Clippings.txt" to case insensitive. Kindle set to pt_BR uses lower case version of strings.
  • Fix: Threadsafe method of getting device name for MTP devices on Linux.

This should be calibre 6/Qt6 compatible. I did most of the work earlier in the year, and had just a couple of things left. But, I haven't done much testing with the calibre 6 beta. What I did do, worked. If anyone tests with the beta, please report any issues. Or that it works perfectly.

It should also be compatible with older versions. But, I have only tested with 4.23. It will probably work with 3.48, but, I don't know about older versions.

As usual, calibre will announce the update in the next hour or so. If there are any problem, please report them here.
Old 07-01-2022, 01:23 PM   #1079
thiago.eec
Guru
thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
If anyone tests with the beta, please report any issues.
I've got some errors with beta 5.99.11:

1) Clicking on "Find annotations":
Spoiler:

Code:
calibre, version 5.99.11
ERRO: Exceção sem tratamento: <b>AttributeError</b>:'QDateTime' object has no attribute 'toTime_t'

calibre 5.99.11  embedded-python: True
Windows-10-10.0.19041 Windows ('64bit', 'WindowsPE')
('Windows', '10', '10.0.19041')
Python 3.10.1
Windows: ('10', '10.0.19041', '', 'Multiprocessor Free')
Interface language: pt_BR
Successfully initialized third party plugins: Gather KFX-ZIP (from KFX Input) (1, 49, 0) && DeDRM (10, 0, 2) && Package KFX (from KFX Input) (1, 49, 0) && ACE (1, 1, 4) && Annotations (1, 17, 6) && Calibre Power Search Plugin (2, 1, 2) && Check Books (0, 1, 2) && Count Pages (1, 11, 2) && Diaps Editing Toolbag (0, 3, 7) && EpubCheck (0, 2, 4) && EpubMerge (2, 13, 0) && EpubSplit (3, 3, 0) && Find Duplicates (1, 9, 5) && Goodreads (1, 5, 3) && KFX metadata reader (from KFX Input) (1, 49, 0) && KFX Input (1, 49, 0) && Set KFX metadata (from KFX Output) (1, 63, 0) && KFX Output (1, 63, 0) && KindleUnpack - The Plugin (0, 83, 1) && Open With (1, 7, 1) && Quality Check (1, 12, 0) && Skoob Books (1, 5, 4) && Skoob Sync (0, 4, 7) && Sum Column (0, 3, 1) && TTS to MP3 (0, 6, 0)
  File "calibre_plugins.annotations.find_annotations", line 310, in inventory_available
  File "calibre_plugins.annotations.find_annotations", line 371, in update_results
AttributeError: 'QDateTime' object has no attribute 'toTime_t'

2) Fetching annotations from a Kindle Paperwhite 7th Gen:
Spoiler:

Code:
calibre, version 5.99.11
ERRO: Exceção sem tratamento: <b>TypeError</b>:QTableView.sortByColumn(): argument 2 has unexpected type 'int'

Python 3.10.1
Successfully initialized third party plugins: Gather KFX-ZIP (from KFX Input) (1, 49, 0) && DeDRM (10, 0, 2) && Package KFX (from KFX Input) (1, 49, 0) && ACE (1, 1, 4) && Annotations (1, 17, 6) && Calibre Power Search Plugin (2, 1, 2) && Check Books (0, 1, 2) && Count Pages (1, 11, 2) && Diaps Editing Toolbag (0, 3, 7) && EpubCheck (0, 2, 4) && EpubMerge (2, 13, 0) && EpubSplit (3, 3, 0) && Find Duplicates (1, 9, 5) && Goodreads (1, 5, 3) && KFX metadata reader (from KFX Input) (1, 49, 0) && KFX Input (1, 49, 0) && Set KFX metadata (from KFX Output) (1, 63, 0) && KFX Output (1, 63, 0) && KindleUnpack - The Plugin (0, 83, 1) && Open With (1, 7, 1) && Quality Check (1, 12, 0) && Skoob Books (1, 5, 4) && Skoob Sync (0, 4, 7) && Sum Column (0, 3, 1) && TTS to MP3 (0, 6, 0)
  File "calibre_plugins.annotations.action", line 410, in fetch_usb_device_annotations
  File "calibre_plugins.annotations.action", line 305, in fetch_device_annotations
  File "calibre_plugins.annotations.annotated_books", line 333, in __init__
TypeError: QTableView.sortByColumn(): argument 2 has unexpected type 'int'
thiago.eec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2022, 09:47 AM   #1080
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by thiago.eec View Post
I've got some errors with beta 5.99.11:

1) Clicking on "Find annotations":
Spoiler:

Code:
calibre, version 5.99.11
ERRO: Exceção sem tratamento: <b>AttributeError</b>:'QDateTime' object has no attribute 'toTime_t'

Python 3.10.1
  File "calibre_plugins.annotations.find_annotations", line 310, in inventory_available
  File "calibre_plugins.annotations.find_annotations", line 371, in update_results
AttributeError: 'QDateTime' object has no attribute 'toTime_t'

2) Fetching annotations from a Kindle Paperwhite 7th Gen:
Spoiler:

Code:
calibre, version 5.99.11
ERRO: Exceção sem tratamento: <b>TypeError</b>:QTableView.sortByColumn(): argument 2 has unexpected type 'int'

Python 3.10.1
  File "calibre_plugins.annotations.action", line 410, in fetch_usb_device_annotations
  File "calibre_plugins.annotations.action", line 305, in fetch_device_annotations
  File "calibre_plugins.annotations.annotated_books", line 333, in __init__
TypeError: QTableView.sortByColumn(): argument 2 has unexpected type 'int'
I could have sworn that I tested the find with the beta yesterday. And the second is because you have set the sort order in the annotations import dialog. Both are dues to changes in how the Qt enumerations are done. I have fixed these, plus a couple of others in the attached beta. And added handling so they should be backwards compatible with calibre 3.48. There are probably still some to be found, but, hopefully not to many.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Annotations-beta.zip (680.7 KB, 117 views)

Tags
sampleexportingapp