Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 05-22-2021, 08:41 AM   #1
Waylander
Fanatic
Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 5 SE, Onyx Boox Poke 3
Add screensaver to Poke 3

Apologies for another thread. I'm trying to add my own screensaver images to my Poke 3 so I can change from the boring standard images. I've looked it up online but the process of uploading images to the 'pictures' folder and the long-pressing to select them doesn't work for the latest firmware. If anyone knows what to do I'd greatly appreciate any tips/advice.
Waylander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2021, 01:29 PM   #2
Renate
Wizard
Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook NST, Glow2, 3, 4, '21, Kobo Aura2, Poke3, Poke5
This stuff drives me wacky because it used to be there.
It can be found only here, not in a regular file browser.

Onyx main page > Storage > top big right arrow
Select file with long press, Set as screensaver, [Set as screensaver/ Set as shutdown image]

Edit: Duh, there is now a Screensaver app in Onyx Apps.
If you are using some normal launcher this may not appear???
But you can use this:
Code:
adb shell am start -n com.onyx/.common.setting.ui.SettingContainerActivity -a onyx.settings.action.DREAM_STYLE_SETTING

Last edited by Renate; 05-22-2021 at 02:04 PM.
Renate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2021, 04:31 PM   #3
Waylander
Fanatic
Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 5 SE, Onyx Boox Poke 3
Thanks for the advice. I'm glad I'm not the only one who's found it frustrating. Where should I put that code? When I connect my Poke 3 to my Mac, and not to Calibre, I use Open MTP. Is that you mean by a launcher? I'm sorry, I'm not entirely sure to what you're referring.
Waylander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2021, 05:43 PM   #4
Renate
Wizard
Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook NST, Glow2, 3, 4, '21, Kobo Aura2, Poke3, Poke5
Sorry, I'm making this a bit confusing.
There are two separate ways that you can set sleep/shutdown images using just your finger.
They start from the Onyx main screen.
This is the screen that has Library/Store/Storage/Apps/Settings as tabs at the bottom.

Method #1 (can only set single sleep images):
Onyx main page > Storage > top big right arrow
Select file with long press, Set as screensaver, [Set as screensaver/ Set as shutdown image]

Method #2 (can also set a group of images as sleep images to rotate):
Onyx main page > Apps > Screensaver

Yes, you can load the images onto your Poke using MTP.
Me, I use ADB for everything. It is more powerful.
You need to enable it.
Onyx main page > Applications > USB Debugging Mode
You will also have to load ADB onto your Mac.
There are probably a zillion links on how to do that.

If you no longer have access to the Onyx main page (because you installed your own launcher) you can still access whatever Onyx had to offer using ADB commands.

For Method #1 (using "Storage"):
Code:
adb shell am start -n com.onyx/.common.storage.ui.StorageActivity
For Method #2 (using "Screensaver"):
Code:
adb shell am start -n com.onyx/.common.setting.ui.SettingContainerActivity -a onyx.settings.action.DREAM_STYLE_SETTING
By "Launcher" I mean the main page when your device starts up.
Here is the one I knocked out quickly when I was sick of the Onyx one.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	lunch.png
Views:	120
Size:	110.1 KB
ID:	187272  

Last edited by Renate; 05-22-2021 at 05:55 PM.
Renate is offline   Reply With Quote