Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 03-04-2021, 02:05 PM   #1
OtinG
Old Gadget Guy
OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, iPhone 13 Pro Max, iPad mini 6, iPad Air 2020, Alexa Devices
Weird dialog message

I’m getting a weird dialog box pop up while using my iPad mini 5. It occasionally occurs when I’m in an app like Safari, Notes, etc. then set the iPad down on a table with it still on. The attached message pops up. This has been happening for a few weeks now, probably statrted after the last update.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	BA3E4D3C-E1E7-4E37-9F02-8820210E7D49.jpg
Views:	261
Size:	254.8 KB
ID:	185750  

Last edited by OtinG; 03-04-2021 at 02:10 PM.
OtinG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2021, 04:09 PM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I would wait for the next iOS 14.5 or iPADOS 14.5 due out sometime this month to see if it fixes your problems.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2021, 04:31 PM   #3
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
on my iPhone, shaking it brings up an undo prompt.
John F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2021, 05:09 PM   #4
OtinG
Old Gadget Guy
OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, iPhone 13 Pro Max, iPad mini 6, iPad Air 2020, Alexa Devices
It sounds like it might be an accelerometer bug. On my iPad it tends to occur if I’ve typed in an app, even if I already closed the keyboard.

ETA: And I just posted this reply and set the iPad down and the message was then displayed. It isn’t that big of an issue, but it is annoying. The keyboard does seem to be more quirky here of late....

Last edited by OtinG; 03-04-2021 at 05:13 PM.
OtinG is offline   Reply With Quote