Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 05-02-2020, 07:51 AM   #1
jiembe
Zealot
jiembe began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo; Kobo Libra
Author Sort capitalized

The metadata editing window now capitalize the author name in the author sort box. This is not a behaviour I want. Is it possible to change it somewhere?
jiembe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2020, 08:49 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
The normal operation is to maintain the case of the Author (or Title) field, when calculating the Sort. (the box will turn Green in the MDE)

In the MDE, you can: Right click: change case: <select>
Note: the box will turn Red (does not match the parent).

You can also perform this change (change case of the author_sort) via Manage Authors. Righ-click in the Authors section of the Tag Browser: Manage Authors

AFAIK nothing prevents the sort value from being 'repaired' when adding additional books by that Author or future MDE actions
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2020, 08:51 AM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
There have been no changes to the metadata edit window in years.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2020, 09:56 AM   #4
jiembe
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks
You can also perform this change (change case of the author_sort) via Manage Authors. Righ-click in the [B
Authors section[/B] of the Tag Browser: Manage Authors
That's what I done to correct the 2 entries in uppercase (the one whit I discovered the problem, the second when I tried another entry and got the same behaviour) and now I got the correct sort cases!
Old 05-02-2020, 10:22 AM   #5
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by jiembe View Post
That's what I done to correct the 2 entries in uppercase (the one whit I discovered the problem, the second when I tried another entry and got the same behaviour) and now I got the correct sort cases!

That metadata was part of the IMPORTED book. Calibre does not make changes to publisher furnished metadata on its own.

Your action is what we all do. Make it appear 'My Way'
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2020, 07:34 AM   #6
jiembe
Zealot

Quote:
That metadata was part of the IMPORTED book.
In fact it wasn't the case for the 1st book and the second book was already in Calibre with a correct sorting until I press the button to sort the author again (to see if I can reproduce the problem) which result an all uppercase sorting. Anyway the problem is now resolve.