Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 01-09-2020, 09:48 AM   #1
Desmond G
Desmond G began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire7
New Kindle Fire Help

Hi Guys,
New to this, and I am not what you would call a whizz kid with technology. My wife and I both have Kindles, have been using them for a few years, have no problem attaching them to my PC, opening Calibre, and sending a book to either. I have just purchased a new Kindle Fire 7, and I have tried and tried, but Calibre simply does not recognise it. Spent hours, at my age time is valuable. I rekon I was up to about 01.30 AM, but gave up, found no solutions that worked, a few things I was trying became a bit technical and I got nowhere. Just wondered if there was any help out there.
Des Garrity
Desmond G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2020, 11:21 AM   #2
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
1st does the PC see the Fire? Do you get pop ups on How to get it to See the Fire? Did you follow the directions?

E-Books that you buy from Amazon will Download Direct to Fire. Across the top click On BOOKS>Library the Double tap each ebook you want to Download.

Last edited by Barbara1955; 01-09-2020 at 11:25 AM.
Barbara1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2020, 12:27 PM   #3
stumped
Wizard
stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo forma, Kobo Libra, Huawei media Tab, fire HD10, PW3 HDX8.9,
Asked and answered in a similar recent thread. But i got snarky after needing to explain it 3 times. !
I wish someone would make a sticky.
Recent fire tablets default to a "charging mode" only usb connection. You have to learn to find an alert or pull down menu and change it, every time. From charging to data transfer.
Try a search, either here or in Amazon forums

You said you were up until 1.30 but did you actually try a search. Google would have found the solution immediately

Ps there is no such thing as a new kindle fire. Amazon have not made a kindle fire branded device since 2013. Accuracy helps, when you are looking for answers
It's as simple as
Google " fire tablet usb connection modes. "
Then watch the first video result

Last edited by stumped; 01-09-2020 at 12:33 PM.
stumped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2020, 12:36 PM   #4
Deskisamess
Wizard
Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 7+, iPad mini, 2021 iPad Pro 12.9",Paperwhite 6.8"
What OS is the computer? Is it updated with all current security updates? If the Fire running the most current firmware?

Does the computer "see" the Fire? Try a different USB port, try a different cable, reboot the computer with the Fire connected, etc.
Deskisamess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2020, 12:40 PM   #5
Deskisamess
Wizard
Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Amazon have not made a kindle fire branded device since 2013.
Seriously? Didn't they release a couple new models last year?

These forums are hard to search for newbies. Why start off snarky with one?
Old 01-09-2020, 12:42 PM   #6
stumped
Wizard
stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deskisamess View Post
What OS is the computer? Is it updated with all current security updates? If the Fire running the most current firmware?

Does the computer "see" the Fire? Try a different USB port, try a different cable, reboot the computer with the Fire connected, etc.
Betcha it's not any of that, it's simply not seeing the alert on the tablet and selecting data transfer.

As well as previous suggestions I would expect Amazon telephone support to give the obvious solution if asked, and to have web page solutions? I know it is explained, with pictures, in Amazon forums. I posted the link for the previous guy who was stuck on this
Old 01-09-2020, 12:56 PM   #7
Deskisamess
Wizard

Quote:
I posted the link for the previous guy who was stuck on this
Why not post it again? Or a link to the thread?

Never mind,

https://www.amazonforum.com/forums/d...ty-on-computer

1) Make sure your screen is unlocked.

2) Plug your tablet into your PC

3) Swipe down from the top to view your alerts. Click on USB Charging this device. Tap for other USB options
Old 01-09-2020, 12:58 PM   #8
stumped
Wizard

I am done with

LMGTFY.

On this issue

Why can't someone with the power make a sticky

Sheesh (as B would say), I even gave you the Google search term in the previous post
Old 01-09-2020, 01:01 PM   #9
Deskisamess
Wizard

Do you need a hug? It seems like you need a hug.
Old 01-09-2020, 01:04 PM   #10
stumped
Wizard

Ps I did not start out snarky. With the previous guy I posted what to do. A day later he said still stuck. So I posted it again, and also asked if he had tried what I said
Another day later, without bothering to follow instructions, he asked again.

Yes the forum Search is not great but Amazon do excellent free phone support for fire tablets and Google have a fair to middling search engine if phoning Amazon is too hard.
I must have explained this 10 times over in different threads already.

Sheesh and double Sheesh.

https://www.google.com/search?q=fire...obile&ie=UTF-8
Old 01-09-2020, 01:06 PM   #11
stumped
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deskisamess View Post
Do you need a hug? It seems like you need a hug.
No, what i neexx0 to do is, I need to give up replying to that issue and let others do it.

I try, but than I see that 24 hours later someone is still stuck.....

The jobs yours if u want it
Old 01-09-2020, 01:08 PM   #12
Deskisamess
Wizard

The poor OP is going to be left with a horrible first impression. Between answers that don't have anything to do with his question, and being scolded for someone else's behavior, he may never come back.

These forums can be very intimating for new members.
Old 01-09-2020, 01:25 PM   #13
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
Get this APP for you PC! https://www.amazon.com/gp/sendtokind...qid=1578594269

I use this APP cause my PC has Never recognized my Fires. I tried EVERYTHING!

Last edited by Barbara1955; 01-09-2020 at 01:31 PM.
Barbara1955 is offline   Reply With Quote