Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 05-22-2018, 01:02 PM   #1
Philippe D.
Addict
Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2o; reMarkable; Onyx Max 2 Pro
Max 2, Calibre, and CBZ files

This is really about interfacing the Max 2 with Calibre, so it might be better to ask it in another section of the forum, but then, maybe someone here already solved my problem...

Today I wanted to copy CBZ (comics) files to my Max 2. I had them already in my Calibre library, so I connected the Max 2 and told Calibre to "copy books to device". So far, so good.

Now, Calibre told me it needed to convert the files to EPUB. I let it do it, and when I opened the files (by tapping on them - I suppose this simply launched the default EPUB reader), the pages were much deformed - instead of a full page display, the whole page was rendered as about a square... unreadable.

I deleted the file and used the Windows file explorer to copy the original, unconverted CBZ file, and when I tapped on it on the Max 2, it worked perfectly.

So, to me it looks like Calibre (or, possibly, its default driver) believes my device cannot handle CBZ files, so it tries to convert them - and does a bad job of it. I guess all it would take would be to tell Calibre that this particular device can handle this particular type of file - is there an easy way to do this?
Philippe D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2018, 04:19 PM   #2
EmilThelonius
Enthusiast
EmilThelonius knows who John Galt is.EmilThelonius knows who John Galt is.EmilThelonius knows who John Galt is.EmilThelonius knows who John Galt is.EmilThelonius knows who John Galt is.EmilThelonius knows who John Galt is.EmilThelonius knows who John Galt is.EmilThelonius knows who John Galt is.EmilThelonius knows who John Galt is.EmilThelonius knows who John Galt is.EmilThelonius knows who John Galt is.

Device: Sony DPT-RP1 and Pocketbook Touch Lux 2 and Basic
Did you try the Boox Plugin?
Go to: Preferences > Plugin > Device Interface Plugin > Boox
For the Pocketbook Plugin I can then change what is exported and what is not...

EDIT: Even better: If you go there on the boox plugin and click on "Customize Plugin" you can change the Files which calibre is exporting.

Last edited by EmilThelonius; 05-22-2018 at 04:22 PM.
EmilThelonius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2018, 08:02 PM   #3
Philippe D.
Addict
Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2o; reMarkable; Onyx Max 2 Pro
See? I knew someone would know how to solve my problem

I added the proper file type to the list for the device, and it works fine. It just looks like Calibre doesn't copy the cover pictures, but it's no big deal.
Philippe D. is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre, comics, onyx max 2