Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 09-03-2016, 03:12 PM   #1
primolarry
primolarry began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle voyage
pocket2kindle: Get your content from Pocket (or from anywhere using IFTTT) to Kindle

Hi there,

After testing other services, I developed a little script that:

- Uses Marcin Magnus's pocketplus recipe (https://github.com/mmagnus/Pocket-Plus-Calibre-Plugin) to build an ebook with the content saved in Poclet.
- Uses calibre-smpt to send it to an kindle email
- Archives all the content in Pocket to avoid duplicates.

Although the content is downloaded from Pocket, it is easy to get it from other services (Feedly, RSS, etc) to Pocket using IFTTT ( http://ifttt.com/).

The script has been tested in Linux, but it should work in Windows and Mac. The code is here:

https://github.com/alvaroreig/pocket2kindle

Please report any issue in GitHub.

Hope you find it useful.

Regards,
primolarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2016, 06:02 AM   #2
Guthers
Guthers is a jewel in the roughGuthers is a jewel in the roughGuthers is a jewel in the roughGuthers is a jewel in the roughGuthers is a jewel in the roughGuthers is a jewel in the roughGuthers is a jewel in the roughGuthers is a jewel in the roughGuthers is a jewel in the roughGuthers is a jewel in the roughGuthers is a jewel in the rough

Device: KPW3
Am I right in thinking that you have to pay to use this level of functionality of IFTTT?
Guthers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2016, 03:02 AM   #3
primolarry
primolarry began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle voyage
Hi Guthers,

No, I have been able to use that rule with the free account.

Regards,
primolarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2016, 03:35 AM   #4
Guthers
Guthers is a jewel in the roughGuthers is a jewel in the roughGuthers is a jewel in the roughGuthers is a jewel in the roughGuthers is a jewel in the roughGuthers is a jewel in the roughGuthers is a jewel in the roughGuthers is a jewel in the roughGuthers is a jewel in the roughGuthers is a jewel in the roughGuthers is a jewel in the rough

Device: KPW3
Ooh! Interesting - will investigate; many thanks!
Guthers is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
feedly, kindle, pocket, rss