Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 01-17-2009, 11:55 AM   #16
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
ah, well there was some talk for a while of MR starting a communal editing service, which perhaps could be rediscussed. i'm not sure what logistics would be involved in setting up an online payment system since the money wouldn't go to mr, but to individual authors. that might be more complicated. it is an interesting idea though.

for now we can at least definitely encourage authors writing under a CC licence to distribute their work here (unless, as is the case for Spacejock Hal, they need to be able to reference the download count, and therefore must keep the distribution local on their own site).
Well it could go to mobileread (same way etsy and ebay take a cut), but I don't know how that works.

I don't think it necessarily needs to be edited either. I dunno, just tossing the idea out there.
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 11:43 PM   #17
MonaLS
Groupie
MonaLS began at the beginning.

Device: The Amazing Amazon Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilac_jive View Post
Are you sure? I think it adds up and you get charged when you hit $5.00
Amazon's official word is that you get charged when you get up to $3.00 but very very few people have reported getting charged.
MonaLS is offline   Reply With Quote