Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 02-07-2016, 04:42 PM   #106
olav-norway
olav-norway began at the beginning.

Device: None
Booxtor, can you try to download and run OneNote?
olav-norway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2016, 06:05 PM   #107
esfandiyar2002
Enthusiast
esfandiyar2002 began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox Max
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booxtor View Post

Additionally Onyx is going to use the newest flexible PVI HD screen with 2200x1650 (207 DPI) (just for comparison - Sony is using 1600 x1200 (150DPI)

Weight currently is about 400g.

Expected availability - spring of 2016.
OK,that newly arrived 13.3" supports 1600 x1200 or 2200x1650?

Next question:Pearl or Carta?

Any thoughts?

Last edited by esfandiyar2002; 02-07-2016 at 09:13 PM.
esfandiyar2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2016, 07:40 PM   #108
fgdas
Addict
fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 13inch
Quote:
Here is a video of my samples Onyx Boox Max, N96C (Plus) and N96ML (Plus). I didn't edit it and also didn't comment it yet..
Thank you!
fgdas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2016, 09:53 PM   #109
phyzjqk
Connoisseur
phyzjqk is a jewel in the roughphyzjqk is a jewel in the roughphyzjqk is a jewel in the roughphyzjqk is a jewel in the roughphyzjqk is a jewel in the roughphyzjqk is a jewel in the roughphyzjqk is a jewel in the roughphyzjqk is a jewel in the roughphyzjqk is a jewel in the roughphyzjqk is a jewel in the roughphyzjqk is a jewel in the rough

Device: Boox Max2/SP4:Dell x50v /Iliad /Nokia:
Quote:
Originally Posted by esfandiyar2002 View Post
OK,that newly arrived 13.3" supports 1600 x1200 or 2200x1650?

Next question:Pearl or Carta?

Any thoughts?
2200x1650, Neither Pearl nor Carta. Same tech with Sony's
phyzjqk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2016, 01:48 AM   #110
JHarry
Connoisseur
JHarry is kind to children and small, furry animalsJHarry is kind to children and small, furry animalsJHarry is kind to children and small, furry animalsJHarry is kind to children and small, furry animalsJHarry is kind to children and small, furry animalsJHarry is kind to children and small, furry animalsJHarry is kind to children and small, furry animalsJHarry is kind to children and small, furry animalsJHarry is kind to children and small, furry animalsJHarry is kind to children and small, furry animalsJHarry is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: Onyx Boox M92
Quote:
Originally Posted by phyzjqk View Post
2200x1650, Neither Pearl nor Carta. Same tech with Sony's
2200x1650 is a better choice.
JHarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2016, 05:24 AM   #111
Booxtor
Booxtor
Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a lot of..
Quote:
... Neither Pearl nor Carta. Same tech with Sony's
It is Mobius. Plastic screen 1600x1200. 2200x1650 screens are still not available for mass production. PVI seems to postpone the availability again. Onyx eventually decided to use same screen as Sony's DPT S1 devices, since the availability problem for higher resolved screens could kill this project completely. Despite of resolution of Mobius in my eyes the picture on it is very sharp and brilliant. Curves and lines are smooth and even very small fonts are good readable. Visually I could not see a big difference to HD display of i86HD (250DPI). I guess it is because of the size of the screen and its perception. If someone would ask me about resolution I would bet it is the UHD. So did everyone, who tried this device here.

Last edited by Booxtor; 02-08-2016 at 05:27 AM.
Booxtor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2016, 06:08 AM   #112
Randy11
Wizard
Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung EB60, Onyx M92, Onyx Max2
Hello Booxtor,

Thank for this first video review, don't hesitate to make some other ;-)

The Mobius's screen isn't a glass so what's the weight of the Onyx Max please ?
Randy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2016, 06:31 AM   #113
phyzjqk
Connoisseur
phyzjqk is a jewel in the roughphyzjqk is a jewel in the roughphyzjqk is a jewel in the roughphyzjqk is a jewel in the roughphyzjqk is a jewel in the roughphyzjqk is a jewel in the roughphyzjqk is a jewel in the roughphyzjqk is a jewel in the roughphyzjqk is a jewel in the roughphyzjqk is a jewel in the roughphyzjqk is a jewel in the rough

so dispointed.

Quote:
It is Mobius. Plastic screen 1600x1200. 2200x1650 screens are still not available for mass production. PVI seems to postpone the availability again. Onyx eventually decided to use same screen as Sony's DPT S1 devices, since the availability problem for higher resolved screens could kill this project completely. Despite of resolution of Mobius in my eyes the picture on it is very sharp and brilliant. Curves and lines are smooth and even very small fonts are good readable. Visually I could not see a big difference to HD display of i86HD (250DPI). I guess it is because of the size of the screen and its perception. If someone would ask me about resolution I would bet it is the UHD. So did everyone, who tried this device here.
more heavier, no touch screen. right now worse resolution. how about the ram and rom?
Old 02-08-2016, 07:16 AM   #114
joblack
Wizard
joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox Tab X
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy11 View Post
Hello Booxtor,

Thank for this first video review, don't hesitate to make some other ;-)

The weight is shown in the video.
joblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2016, 07:17 AM   #115
fgdas
Addict
fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 13inch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy11 View Post
496g

It's being shown at the first impression YouTube video:
https://youtu.be/y3ZwqIAn-ME?t=20m52s

Before asking for more videos watch this one.
fgdas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2016, 07:25 AM   #116
joblack
Wizard
joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox Tab X
Quote:
more heavier, no touch screen. right now worse resolution. how about the ram and rom?
I like the device so far. There is always something to complain about.
joblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2016, 07:38 AM   #117
Booxtor
Booxtor
Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a lot of..
Quote:
Originally Posted by joblack View Post
Booxtor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2016, 08:11 AM   #118
phyzjqk
Connoisseur

That is different case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joblack View Post
In the beginning, the onyx released the specs as 2200*1600, ~400g, touch screen/stylus. Right now just a improved SONY version. Yeah, it is still best E Book in the market but not for the friends for updating Ebook. If the 1st Ebook, it is a good choice
Old 02-08-2016, 09:01 AM   #119
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
In the beginning, the onyx released the specs as 2200*1600, ~400g, touch screen/stylus. Right now just a improved SONY version. Yeah, it is still best E Book in the market but not for the friends for updating Ebook. If the 1st Ebook, it is a good choice
Would you have preferred that Onyx wait for the higher-resolution screen to become available, given that there is no projected release date for it?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2016, 10:29 AM   #120
esfandiyar2002
Enthusiast
esfandiyar2002 began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox Max
Quote:
In the beginning, the onyx released the specs as 2200*1600, ~400g, touch screen/stylus. Right now just a improved SONY version.
Don`t forget the marketing!If what you wish for happens,then the final price will rocket!Let`s look at this first type sale price,then negotiate for upgraded hardware.I believe your next complain will be the price for such e-reader!Onyx won`t probably go the same way that Sony stepped in when they released their DPT-S1.Onyx will look at how far this 13.3 inch will be succeeded in market.If that happens,the next model may have what you wish for.
esfandiyar2002 is offline   Reply With Quote