Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > HanLin eBook

Notices

Old 01-03-2009, 09:47 AM   #1
AlfonsVH
Addict
AlfonsVH has learned how to read e-booksAlfonsVH has learned how to read e-booksAlfonsVH has learned how to read e-booksAlfonsVH has learned how to read e-booksAlfonsVH has learned how to read e-booksAlfonsVH has learned how to read e-booksAlfonsVH has learned how to read e-books

Device: BeBook Mini, Neo & Live
Source code available... or not?

Hey everyone,

I just discovered that the people from JinKe finally made the source code of the Hanlin available for download!

Take a look at http://www.jinke.com.cn/Compagesql/E...sourcecode.asp

Last edited by AlfonsVH; 01-03-2009 at 02:20 PM.
AlfonsVH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 01:50 PM   #2
dottedmag
OpenInkpot co-founder
dottedmag has learned how to read e-booksdottedmag has learned how to read e-booksdottedmag has learned how to read e-booksdottedmag has learned how to read e-booksdottedmag has learned how to read e-booksdottedmag has learned how to read e-booksdottedmag has learned how to read e-books

Device: Nokia770, Nokia N900, Sony PRS-505, lBook V3, Orsio b721+, Hanvon N516
No, they just posted bunch of random tarballs slightly corresponding to the software they use.

Again: this is not a source code of Hanlin firmware, it even does not resemble it.
dottedmag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 02:23 PM   #3
AlfonsVH
Addict
AlfonsVH has learned how to read e-booksAlfonsVH has learned how to read e-booksAlfonsVH has learned how to read e-booksAlfonsVH has learned how to read e-booksAlfonsVH has learned how to read e-booksAlfonsVH has learned how to read e-booksAlfonsVH has learned how to read e-books

Device: BeBook Mini, Neo & Live
Quote:
Originally Posted by dottedmag View Post
No, they just posted bunch of random tarballs slightly corresponding to the software they use.

Again: this is not a source code of Hanlin firmware, it even does not resemble it.
Hmzz... I could've guessed. I'm not too much of a programmer myself, so I'll trust you on this one

Still quite dishonest of them to state this on their site, though:
Quote:
Originally Posted by http://www.jinke.com.cn/Compagesql/English/develop/gpl.asp
Jinke intends to comply (now and in the future) 100% to the GPL by providing all source codes of and modifications made to software under the (L)GPL and other Open Source licenses.

Last edited by AlfonsVH; 01-03-2009 at 02:27 PM.
AlfonsVH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 02:30 PM   #4
dottedmag
OpenInkpot co-founder
dottedmag has learned how to read e-booksdottedmag has learned how to read e-booksdottedmag has learned how to read e-booksdottedmag has learned how to read e-booksdottedmag has learned how to read e-booksdottedmag has learned how to read e-booksdottedmag has learned how to read e-books

Device: Nokia770, Nokia N900, Sony PRS-505, lBook V3, Orsio b721+, Hanvon N516
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlfonsVH View Post
Still quite dishonest of them to state this on their site, though:
I think they just don't get what is a "GPL compliance". For example, they posted bunch of BSD-licensed stuff, which is not required at all

Last edited by dottedmag; 01-03-2009 at 02:34 PM.
dottedmag is offline   Reply With Quote