|07-07-2006, 06:15 AM||#16|
Join Date: Jul 2006
Device: maybe Iliad ;-)
what happens when you connect the device via ethernet? Is there a difference beween LAN and USB connection? There is certainly one, but what type of difference? Or is the ethernet at the moment as useless as the stylus?
|07-07-2006, 09:03 AM||#17|
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Pernes. A small village in Portugal.
Device: Cybook Odyssey HD
Copy stuff to internal memory:
- Have to use the travel hub
- The PC shows it like a regular external hard drive
Copy stuff to CF/SD card:
- Use a seperate card reader to copy things to the cards
- using the Iliad has a card reader is planned for the future (wasn't even planned, but when i mentioned it Alex, he said it could, and probably would, be done)
Copy stuff by ethernet
- connect the device to the travel hub, and the net cable to the hub, press the connect button and the device downloads the files available on IDS (depends of what acounts you have).
- Files are organized on the internal memory
- Only downloaded an example of the tiedj newspape
|07-07-2006, 01:01 PM||#18|
Join Date: May 2006
Device: Iliad & Kindle - The Best of Both Worlds
Let's see if I got this right ... since I don't have an Ethernet connection available at home (no card installed etc.), the only way to download and install software upgrades and - in the future - subscription content is by fully charging the Iliad and then hanging out at my local Starbucks, partaking of their free wireless web connectivity?
Why doesn't this work through the USB port?
|07-07-2006, 02:54 PM||#20|
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Regensburg / Germany
Device: iLiad #505; Sony T1, Amazon Paperwhite first Gen & sec is coming!
|07-07-2006, 03:13 PM||#21|
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Malmo, Sweden
Device: iLiad, Sony PRS-505, Kindle
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Opus Connected.... WTF?||jbreeven||Bookeen||2||07-04-2010 05:27 AM|
|Are they connected?||happy_terd||Lounge||10||02-04-2010 10:31 AM|
|Can't see CF when iLiad is connected to PC||nigeldb||iRex||4||06-28-2009 07:30 PM|
|PC Connected to Cybook||barney111||Bookeen||3||07-23-2008 11:19 AM|
|Can't see CF card when being connected to PC||VastSky||iRex||2||12-28-2007 10:48 PM|