Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

View Poll Results: What is your Iliad Order Status?
Order Confirmed, Processing 16 66.67%
Paid, not Shipped 6 25.00%
Shipped 1 4.17%
Other 1 4.17%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-06-2006, 02:37 PM   #16
CommanderROR
eink fanatic
CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: STAReBOOK, iRex Iliad, Sony 505, Kindle 2
Unfortunately that information wasn't provided...angel ancin just didn't know the number by heart...^^

"Inviting US already. We placed that statement because we didn’t know when the problem with accepting USD was going to be sold.

Everybody that ordered before a certain date (that I do not know by heart) will receive the iliad in the same batch."

"Unfortunately not every body ordered. About 20 in your 69 ordered. But good work anyway ;-)

We are shipping. I will change order status tomorrow. UPS tracking number will be sent in a separate email from our logistics partner."

Can't say fairer than that?
CommanderROR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 03:07 PM   #17
R2D2
Mad Scientist
R2D2 doesn't litterR2D2 doesn't litterR2D2 doesn't litter

Device: Zaurus, HTCMagician, iLiad
Quote:
Originally Posted by CommanderROR
I'm looking forward to seeing the reactions here...^^
Seeing is believing. ;-)
R2D2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 03:29 PM   #18
deadite66
Groupie
deadite66 began at the beginning.

Device: irex iliad, uk Kindle gen3
why ask for an invite and not order?, weird eh.
wonder how well i can time a page turn and finishing the page at the same time lol.
hope they soon fix that page turning speed.

Last edited by deadite66; 07-06-2006 at 03:31 PM.
deadite66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 04:21 PM   #19
vvoi666
Zealot
vvoi666 began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VillageReader
I'm in the 'other' category, hoping for the DRM info before a final decision.

i don't think there will be an 'issue' here. supporting drm on the iliad just means, that the device will be able to display drm'ed files (like pdfs you bought at amazon or mobipocket books).
it's a feature (and a good one, too) not something bad that restricts the iliad. it expands it's functionality.
vvoi666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 04:30 PM   #20
CommanderROR
eink fanatic
CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: STAReBOOK, iRex Iliad, Sony 505, Kindle 2
right you are.
I don't like DRM, but if we have to live ina world where it exists i'd like a device that can handle it.
CommanderROR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 04:53 PM   #21
VillageReader
Evangelist
VillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with others

Device: Iliad
Quote:
Originally Posted by CommanderROR
right you are.
I don't like DRM, but if we have to live ina world where it exists i'd like a device that can handle it.
That was the intent of the message - not that I wanted a closed system but that I can read books from the library (which is on a different thread here....somewhere.....)
VillageReader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 04:56 PM   #22
VillageReader
Evangelist
VillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with others

Device: Iliad
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadite66
why ask for an invite and not order?, weird eh.
Not necessarily weird. Remember, the site doesn't 'officially' open until September. And isn't half of Europe on holiday this month (and the other half net month)?

Could be a lot of reasons to wait a few days before the final decision.
VillageReader is offline   Reply With Quote